Dark of the Moon Anyone else think its time for Bumblebee to talk now?

Sadly I don't think changing the radio thing for BB bothers them that much so for the third one I guess he'll communicate through the radio still. :(

Did Bay or anyone ever say why he didn't talk in the second film?

I'd go with the voice we heard in the first was like that since he hadn't talked in some time. Once, completely fixed, he'd sound younger. But, there's the semi-issue of him referring to Sam as "the boy" as if he too were an "adult" like Optimus.

I think it's either they forgot to acknowledge that he could talk due to the rush of the script before the Writer's strike or ignore it. I refuse to believe that BB could talk but still want to communicate through the radio in ROTF.

I'll take BB's weird old man voice over anymore radio nonsense.

^In one of the prequel comics Bee lost his voice again in battle with a Decepticon, wish they could have explained this somehow in the movie.

Either way, I think its definately time for him to talk now, the radio gimmick is getting old very fast now.

I know we just see him look distraught in the new teaser, but there is no excuse for him not to do so in this one. As advanced as they are, vocal processors being damaged don't take several years to fix.

^Not only that but they have Ratchett as the designated medic of the team and he hasnt really fixed anything yet, would be nice to see him finally fix BB's voicebox or at least have it mentioned that he did.

They can just do away with that old man voice though. I know his VA is supposedly british, if they wanna maintain that but give him the BB personality, go at it.

^I would love it if they went ahead with their original plan and got Michael J Fox to voice him, would be perfect.

For some reason I want this version of BB to be voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.

For some reason I want this version of BB to be voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.

Maybe its a Spider-Man thing, since Christopher Daniel Barnes & original Bumble Bee voice actor Dan Gilvezan have both voiced Spider-Man in the past.

Maybe its a Spider-Man thing, since Christopher Daniel Barnes & original Bumble Bee voice actor Dan Gilvezan have both voiced Spider-Man in the past.

Probably. It helps that this BB gives off a "great responsibility" vibe.

At least when it comes to Sam's safety.

He should just sound younger, as I always envisioned him being about the same age as Sam personality wise. That part in the sequel when he storms off after being chewed out by Sam's mom for making a mess with his weapon showcased it.

Wasn't Bee going to be a bit more mature for DotM, or were they referring to his physical appearance.

I love the idea of Michael J. Fox voicing Bumblebee, he'd be perfect.

In the preview scene of Sam and Bee in Sam's garage, you saw the clip of Bee mixing up a load of soundbites with his normal voice...

I'd like to see this be the way he communicates in TF3

yes! in one of the early preview scenes for TF2 the scene in Sams garage Bumblebee actually talked and used the radio for words he had trouble saying. Then in the final movie he using the radio the entire time. IT was a plot hole from the first movie. Considering he talked at the end of the first film it was stupid to not have him talk in the second one. They should have keep it like they had it. With him using is normal voice and the radio for words he had trouble with.

This was just one of the many plot holes of TF 2 lol.

^Well, it wasnt a plot-hole per se as they explained it in a prequel comic, but only die-hard fans are going to read those so they should have explained it somehow in the movie also.

^Well, it wasnt a plot-hole per se as they explained it in a prequel comic, but only die-hard fans are going to read those so they should have explained it somehow in the movie also.

I read the prequel comics and they felt rushed. More like movie cash in stuff. And a important point like that should have be addressed in the movie for the general public. A lot of people in the theater for TF 2 were like did'nt Bumblebee talk at the end of the first movie? I was like yea.. but he lost it again. The explained it in a prequel comic. People were like well thats stupid lol.

If I suddenly lost my ability to talk while the rest of my guys could, I'd slowly be going insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"