Anyone here in the film industry or theater community?

Ol'Canucklehead

The best at what I do....
Reaction score
I started thinking last night about something people have been telling me for years, when it comes to acting its always "Who you know". So I figured that along with talking to everyone that I know personaly that I would make a shout out to you, myfriends here on the hype.

If there is anyone here in the film or theater community that can help me out even a little bit, just even telling me where I might find some work that could actualy help me to get ahead in this buisness, than I would be forever greatfull.

I know its a long shot, but we do have some semi celebrities and insiders to the buisness that seem to be showing up in these forums more and more lately. I figure that even with it being such a long shot.....its a shot, so I might as well take it.

If anyone can help me than I thank you greatly. You don't have to post any info here if you don't want to, you could just send me a pm if that works out better.

For anyone who needs to see what I look like for any reason I have some picture available. Anywho, I hope I actualy get a response from this. Talk to ya soon.

:crossedfingers:

I wish I could help, but I'm a starting-out actress myself. I may or may not be going to college in the fall, and will be starting out professionally within two years... but until then, I'm just as out of the casting loop as you are.

New Mexico, of all the places in the world, has a hopping industry as of late. 3:10 to Yuma, Terminator 4, Transformers, No Country For Old Men, I could go on and on. The community colleges here offer internships on the films. :woot:

I was an actor. I quit because I was irritated at the lack of talent I was made to work with. I've since become an aspiring director.

Best advice is to start out small. I freelance and one of my jobs is producing training videos for banks. We use alot of local talent from a theater in the area whom are all just starting out. It would be a good place to start.

Best advice is to start out small. I freelance and one of my jobs is producing training videos for banks. We use alot of local talent from a theater in the area whom are all just starting out. It would be a good place to start.

Agreed. Anything to build your portfolio in the beginning is best.

I wish I could help, but I'm a starting-out actress myself. I may or may not be going to college in the fall, and will be starting out professionally within two years... but until then, I'm just as out of the casting loop as you are.

You can still audition . I wouldn't wait for anything .

I'm contemplating auditioning for my city's only professional theatre, but there would be no sense in trying to become an Equity apprentice because of training next year... and these people like their professionals. I'll be moving to Toronto some time this year, but I feel the need for post-secondary training before I really go for it.

See what Dew knows.....she always be hanging around them cement ponds and movie stars over in Cali.

You can get some experience in the field and go back to training . It might make training easier if you know what to expect.

Yeah, but without an agent (and how does one get an agent? A showcase. How does one get into a showcase? A training program), open calls are just a legal requirement that rarely lead to casting.

I've been doing local plays, short fims, and the like. I even had a small extra role on Friday Night Lights as one of the Dillon Panthers, but what I am realy trying to find is whatever it would take to get my name out there, anything that looks to be promising for someone who is dead serious about an acting career.

I've been doing local plays, short fims, and the like. I even had a small extra role on Friday Night Lights as one of the Dillon Panthers, but what I am realy trying to find is whatever it would take to get my name out there, anything that looks to be promising for someone who is dead serious about an acting career.

You've just got to want it and be willing to do what the competition won't. Don't give up, fight for your spot and study the craft like nothing you've ever studied before. There is way too much competition and standing out on your own is damn near impossible. Just network your ash off with everyone within the industry. There is no clear cut secret on how to make it or else everyone would make it. One thing I will say is that you must always ask questions to those you meet in the industry. Learn from those in a better position than you if you have that opportunity.

Sounds like your name is already kinda out there. Talk to a casting agent, be ambitious about it, you're not going to get anything by not putting yourself out there.

Well, what resources do you have right now? Do you subscribe to Backstage and Ross Reports? Do you belong to or are an EMC with a union?

Those are some of the things I am trying to find Alexia, I didn't even know they existed. I'll be looking into them right now. Thanks.

I tried out at the local theater for The Odd Couple, I didn't make the cut. My dreams are now smashed like a cheap pane of glass.

jk, I only tried out because I know the play/movie/show. I really haven't a suitable schedule to put into acting, wish I did though.

He knows about film industry probably, his sister is famous.

I tried out at the local theater for The Odd Couple, I didn't make the cut. My dreams are now smashed like a cheap pane of glass.

jk, I only tried out because I know the play/movie/show. I really haven't a suitable schedule to put into acting, wish I did though.

You can play the guy Bob Sanders cures of idiocy in the Bob Sanders story.

What is that avatar from?

He knows about film industry probably, his sister is famous.

Thats true, but I don't wana outright bug him like a million other people probobly already have. If he happens to show up here maybe he can give me some pointers.

Thats true, but I don't wana outright bug him like a million other people probobly already have. If he happens to show up here maybe he can give me some pointers.

You can find him in the Batforums, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"