Aplication: TV Show Universe RPG

I've recently been going back to the drawing board with the concept, and I think (even though I voted differently) I will go with plan B which is having two worlds. One of which is our real world where the live-action TV characters are real people, and the animated characters live in their own world and are coming to the real world because of the portals that are appearing in their world.

It's a logical concept IMO, and it is in a way similar to plan A, since the animated characters are coming to our world, the only difference being that they aren't stuck like in Get Violent. So if anyone opposes this idea, let me know so I can find a way to make this RPG successful.
I am still opposed to that. So, since Power Rangers is Live Action, that means that they really exist in our world? And Bionic Woman is really going on behind-the-scenes of our government, right?

The logistics of Plan B don't add up. The initial concept was more favorable (for me) than this.

What if each franchise has their own world and the portals cause these worlds to gradually meld into one?

First of all, one of the original issues with this game was that the concept wasn't thought out at all. It seems like BL just sort of decided to combine all the worlds of all of the TV shows through magic... or something. In fact, the "Premise" portion of the RPG is jumbled and incredibly difficult to follow. First, there's an idea of portals, then there's an idea of all the worlds combining.

If this game is to even get off of the ground, there needs to be a decision as to how it will flow and be played. Having dimensional portals doesn't make sense. Not because it's a bad concept necessarily, but because the TV worlds cannot be affected by magic because they're completely fictional. The only way that the game will even make sense would be if it's dedicated to a specific branch of television, or if all of the characters are taken from their respective shows and brought to either the real world or a different "Made-For-TV Movie" scenario.

I still don't get why he had to redo the whole thing. Instead of gaining people now, he's losing them. I would've happily took on the position of AGM, but instead he restarts it? He could've just rethought out the premise.

Seconded *wipes tears from eyes*. I may join if you think of something, but at the moment it looks like you're floundering. Why not just have 3 worlds merge together?

Ok, maybe I'm being a ranting raving ***** here, but this is really becoming a peeve to me. It seems like people are so gung ho to be a mod or AGM, they get pushy and volunteer themselves to be one. That's awesome, we get that everyone would like to mod. It's pretty much implied. You get chosen cause you're responsible and committed, not because you're available. I think the "self-volunteering" must stop. [End Rant]

I will be making a new application for this idea. Keep an eye out for it.:up:

I wouldn't bother anyway. This thing is like a plane without wings - it'll never get off the ground.

Let this application thread prove as an example why it is super hard to grab people to join an RPG with every possible character practically available.

Not just merging worlds is hard, but you'd have an un-equal representation of each world/mythos.

Let this application thread prove as an example why it is super hard to grab people to join an RPG with every possible character practically available.

Not just merging worlds is hard, but you'd have an un-equal representation of each world/mythos.
Well put. I joined this thing for Drama TV show characters. Merging it with live action comedy's was pushing it, but mixing it with the likes of animation or other child shows kills the concept. Sorry, BL. Wasn't meant to be.

All I hear about is how people want to play "these kind of characters, but they aren't allowed in so and so", so they say why not make an RPG for those characters? Then you run into the issue of not enough people to join that would know them well enough. And then when you suggest a big massive character RPG, the opportunities are so endless if can feel to the reader that these characters are not even in the same plane they are so different or don't feel "together".

I say, if you want to play like an Indy RPG (for example)? Find a site that has one with people who want to play those characters specifically. Heck, twy constantly talks about these other online RPG sites, ask her if you are interested in a certain RPG that has failed here or failed to be introduced before the application process, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"