Aplication: TV Show Universe RPG

Blacklight:

Here are the rules for time-travel that I developed after much thought, revision, and time.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12398511&postcount=230

They are written with the assumption that the IC thread will not pit the characters immediately in the massive, multi-show world.

I hope they help.

Also, as far as the events and universe within the game are concerned, although I am no longer playing or involved, I would recommend that the universe not be a massive, combination of all of the television realities, but instead a completely separate world.

Think of it like this: If you're cleaning out your basement and find two quarter empty buckets of toys, smashing them together will only make a mess and the buckets will break along with the toys inside of them. You can't pour the toys in one bucket into the other, because then you'll lose some.

The only real solution is to pour the toys from both buckets into a bigger, better bucket.

Good luck with the game.

- M.M.

Alright everyone. Since most of the players that came on board for this RPG have now backed out because of a little confusion and dislike of the original concept, I've decided I'm going to have MB delete the OOC, and re-do the concept so that everyone who wanted to join can come back, and maybe even a few other who didn't like it before. Here are some of the ideas I had:

1. Take out the reservations and make it first-come, first-serve.

2. Allow Time-Travel since it could be important to most characters (I.E. Doctor Who, like Climp pointed out)

3. The concept itself needs to be revamped, so I've decided to add a poll to see which of my three ideas for a new concept will garner the most support. If you don't like any of the ideas, feel free to post any suggestions you have.:up:

So please vote, so that this RPG doesn't die. I understand some of you are mourning over Matt Murdock's leaving the RPG community as well as Heath Ledger's death, two tragedies that I too am grieving over, but like me, you shouldn't let it hinder your RPGing, so let's move on and continue where we left off.:woot:

-BL.
This makes me even less inclined to re-join, this rule sucks.

Why can't we just have all TV shows going into the real world?

Why can't we just have all TV shows going into the real world?
That should probablly be decided by the animated character players. SOme of them might want their characters to stay in the animated world. We could just do it where they're just like normal people (sorta). You know, like in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?".

Well, I'm only in if someone doesn't swipe my characters (Stares at all English people). :o.

They aren't your characters. If someone can play them better, surely you would want that? And I think you should have the option to keep your characters in their own world for a little bit.

They aren't your characters. If someone can play them better, surely you would want that? And I think you should have the option to keep your characters in their own world for a little bit.
I still think it's a stupid rule. Hopefully people will have enough respect for me not to pluck em up. If not, I'm out. I'm not being selfish, they're just the only two shows I watch.

I still think it's a stupid rule. Hopefully people will have enough respect for me not to pluck em up. If not, I'm out. I'm not being selfish, they're just the only two shows I watch.
Its a "stupid" rule that nearly EVERY RPG follows. It's a rule meant so that people actually have to fill out the application and prove that they can play the characters rather than just say "I want so and so."

Its a "stupid" rule that nearly EVERY RPG follows. It's a rule meant so that people actually have to fill out the application and prove that they can play the characters rather than just say "I want so and so."
Yes, but the point on reservations is so people get characters they've wanted to play for ages, and then if they get the app wrong, they loose the reservation and have to retry. So people still get a chance, and it's not just saying I want so and so.

Thing is, if you REALLY want the character, you make the application before hand, and you be sure to post it before anyone else gets the chance. Honestly, its the same principle as 'reserving' the character in the Application thread, just a bit more fair about offering everyone the chance at the character.

:csad: I don't stand a chance. Bye bye, TV RPG you were good for the one day I was looking forward to playing as you.

Quit being a god damn baby climp.

Just wait till we get it up n running again then apply. Jesus Christ.

What kind of attitude is that not to have faith in yourself? Don't give up. If you truly want to play as him, then preservere.

Trying to make you stay? I'm trying to help you understand common social interaction.

And for future reference, it's really cowardly to back down at the first signs of adversity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"