Application-After Serenity: A Firefly RPG

Carnage27

No one's puppet
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm taking all the input I got from my ideas in the RPG Concept thread, and from the sounds of things, people were interested in a game like this...so I figure why the hell not.

serenitymovie1800.jpg

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:
Carnage27

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: I really don't use anything. But I think I'm gonna get a MSN account.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: GM: Carnage27, AGM: None yet

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: The Firefly RPG will be very similar to the staple RPGs in the Basement. It will be a player driven story, and the players will coordinate to put the story together. In the case of a lull in the story, the GM and/or AGMs will step in and push the story forward.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

Set within the continuity of the Firefly Universe created by Joss Whedon, the game will pick up after the events seen in the television show Firefly. The crew of Serenity, led by Captain Malcolm Reynolds, scours the universe looking for jobs, legitimate and otherwise, in order to make it from day to day. But the crew of the Serenity is also harboring two known fugitives from the Alliance: Simon and River Tam. No one is truly sure why they are hunted, the only answers are locked in the complicated thoughts of the younger River.

While the crew goes about their lives, events from the past are beginning to bubble to the surface. Old grudges between the Alliance and the old Independent planets continue to worsen, and there are secrets floating among the stars that could blow the universe open into another war. And all the while, the monsterous Reavers patrol the dark reaches of space, waiting to collect their next victims.

And what side will you be on? This universe is filled with heroes and villains, and this is their story.

The game will allow players to play as their favorite characters from the series as well as allowing them to create new heroes and villains to populate the Firefly universe.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): Firefly is one of the greatest pillars of geekitude, and I think it deserves to be represented here in our sanctum of geek. Plus, it mixes two genres we've never been able to hold a game down in(western and sci-fi) which allows fans of both to get their fill.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Serenity: A Firefly RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Serenity: A Firefly RPG Character Application

Screen Name:

Character you wish to play:

Faction (Independent, Alliance, None):

Background (list the history of your character here. Created Characters Must Be Thorough!):

What Font and Color will you be using for your character's speech:

Equipment (Created Characters Must Be Thorough!):

Character Personality (Created Characters Must Be Thorough! Give a solid description on how your character acts, their morals, etc):

Character Alignment (Choose one): Good, Neutral, Evil

Why have you chosen this character, and what are your plans for them:

What can you bring to the Firefly RPG:

How often can you post IN A DAY in this RPG:

Sample Post (write a sample post that is at least 4 paragraphs long and containing at least 3 lines of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype:

Last edited:
You're gonna make me rewatch everything and read the comics, aren't you?

You're gonna make me rewatch everything and read the comics, aren't you?

And that's a bad thing...why?:awesome:

*Watched Firefly/Serenity all this weekend*

Well, that's a lie since Wash is dead! :cmad:

I know. I was tempted to have this set before Serenity, but the ending of the movie just provides too much of a juicy jumping off point.

Does that mean you guys are a little interested?

Kinda. I really would have liked to play Wash. Nobody on the Serenity that really speaks to me. Maybe Jayne.

Well, let's see if the game gets anymore interest. Like I said, I considered having the game be a continuation of the series as if Serenity never happened. Or you could make your own character, if the feeling strikes you.

If Serenity never happened, then we could do our own version of it over the seasons.

Okay...edited the application to make it pre-Serenity. Meaning the title of the thread is now incredibly misleading. Haha

No, the title is perfect.

Because now we're doing our own Serenity! :awesome:

Hell, I'd be in.
EDIT: What would your attitude be towards introducing other elements of sci-fi that could be incorporated properly into the Firefly Universe? Alliance constructed androids for example.

Last edited:
I'd be cool with it. But I also think they wouldn't be smoothly functional because they're basically new technology.

I could see the Alliance trying them as super soldiers after deeming whatever project River was in too random and unruly.

So I've been thinking, and figuring that the majority of the characters in the game will most likely be on Serenity for most of the time, I figure we can get the game off the ground with 8 people.

So far we've got 3 definites, and Byrd's maybe, unless he's in now that Wash is available.

I'm assuming you're going to DM the game like the Multiversers. Throw events at the players and run the NPC's outside of the ship?

Yes/no. I was planning on having certain events in mind to trigger as the game goes on, but I don't have a strict rigid story I have in mind for the overall game. I think that would kill the moments in between missions that makes Firefly so good. I enjoy the down time where the characters talk to each other and stuff like that. Also, I was hoping for more player input on the story, so the players could give their mission ideas to me.

Plus, if there are going to be Alliance characters, I would throw some stuff at them here and there two, figuring they won't be on Serenity.

As for NPCs, I have some story-critical NPCs that I have in mind(mostly Alliance guys), but people would be free to use NPCs at their will other than that.

And I have a character in mind I'd like to play in the game. Rather than Cats who is just an entity that controls it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"