APPLICATION: The Gotham City Noir RPG *PLEASE READ CAREFULLY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll wage a trained war on criminality in all of it's forms.

Most of those forms looking a hell of alot like Rosie O'Donnel. :huh:
Ok...now I really want to see this parody.

"Oh where, oh where has our little twy gone? Oh where, oh where can she be? HAHAHA!"

:hoboj:

Good to see you commiting to the role, EBJ.:brucebat:

Best thing about being the Joker?

A couple Seasons down the line, I have the option of introducing this:

Harley_Quinn_by_joshwmc.jpg

Please tell me Nolan is here and he saw that! :hoboj::hq:

I'll keep that in mind.

By the way, before anyone asks, yes, Batman/Bruce Wayne has been claimed. By Byrd Man. Aswell as Dinah Lance by twylight, with me debating between Jim Gordon and Harvey Dent.
Dear god........ than Armageddon is at our door steps.

Dear god........ than Armageddon is at our door steps.

Go **** yourself....I would post my post sample, but I'm afraid It'll cause MB to become depressed and commit suicide after realizing he will never be that good.

Aww that really sucks that someone already reserved Catwoman, I'd love to play her again, she is sooo much fun. I wonder else I could be good as...

So I guess everybody read my manifesto but just isn't doing anything with it?

All ready people are throwing down reserves. If this comes off the ground and I post a Joker application before EBJ does, does that mean I'll be ignored in favour of his 'reserve'?

All ready people are throwing down reserves. If this comes off the ground and I post a Joker application before EBJ does, does that mean I'll be ignored in favour of his 'reserve'?

I for one did read your manifesto, and I agreed whole-heartedly with most of what you said.

Although with people running into a thread and shouting 'DIBS' which I think is completely unfair, reserves seem to be the only way to make sure you have a chance to apply for the character you want.

It's a necessary evil.

Best thing about being the Joker?

A couple Seasons down the line, I have the option of introducing this:

Harley_Quinn_by_joshwmc.jpg

Please tell me Nolan is here and he saw that! :hoboj::hq:

"Aww, Ya know I'd be your lil' Jester gal Mr. J"

Seriously, why didnt I think of Quinn before? I love that character.

I like the concept but then again, the whole noir feeling is something we can already do in other RPG's. But people are really taking a liking to the new BB/TDK universe angle.

I'm not to keen on this, I like the concept, but why make it Bat-orientated? why not a Cops and Robbers RPG? Everyday cops everyday gangsters.

And if we're really keen on the TDK/BB setting, why not a new DC movie universe, just throwing it out there, btw EBJ nice Harley manip :up:

I like the concept but then again, the whole noir feeling is something we can already do in other RPG's. But people are really taking a liking to the new BB/TDK universe angle.

I'm not to keen on this, I like the concept, but why make it Bat-orientated? why not a Cops and Robbers RPG? Everyday cops everyday gangsters.

And if we're really keen on the TDK/BB setting, why not a new DC movie universe, just throwing it out there, btw EBJ nice Harley manip :up:
I didn't make it. But I sure as Hell love it.

Don't worry. That's why I'm making the application ahead of time. ;)

I agree with you Harl, I really do....but :batty:

:csad: Sorry, I'm ashamed of myself.

The reserve thing bothers me, but I'm not 100% sure about possibly applying; so wouldn't affect me in this RPG. But I understand.

:o

I didn't reserve anything, only expressed an interest and asked if I'd be able to play Dinah, considering it was to focus on the Batman family.

*washes hands* I is clean!

*glares at MB...*:boba:

Don't worry. That's why I'm making the application ahead of time. ;)
I will be doing so too.

I think it's ridiculous that everybody agrees with me but it isn't being implemented.

You want to be sure to get your character? Make sure you're there first.

I will be doing so too.

I think it's ridiculous that everybody agrees with me but it isn't being implemented.

Although thats hardly fair to people in radically different time zones. If the OOC thread goes up while one side of the world is asleep what chance do they have?

I will be doing so too.

In standard RPG cases I don't think reserves are right, but when its to see who is interested in an RPG via the application for the RPG, its necessary because you CAN'T apply for the character yet, and some of the necessary number of supporters may not be interested if they know a certain character is already spoken for.

By the way, before anyone asks, yes, Batman/Bruce Wayne has been claimed. By Byrd Man.

Jerk. :cmad:

I think this is a great concept, so I'm 'making room' for it as well (goodbye WoH :csad: ). Dibs on the Huntress.

I like the concept but then again, the whole noir feeling is something we can already do in other RPG's.

I have to disagree, here. While there's a clear attempt at it from time to time, it's usually lost between more fantastical storylines and written superpowered fights. It sort of takes away from that concept, to me, when someone tries to go for a noir feeling within an RPG largely dedicated to comic book fantasy.

I wanted to make an RPG dedicated to the exact opposite, and my first thought was actually a Sin City RPG. But I don't know that world as much, and neither do alot of people here, I'm assuming, because I know alot of people complained about never reading the comics when the movie came out. But Gotham City is a world that practically everyone knows, because Batman's more of a globally recognized character, and he's at the top of the DC food chain. So I dediced to use him to present the concept of a noir based RPG, because I believe Gotham City is a perfect setting for such a concept.

That's because of my own personal preference anything else. I think a cop and robber RPG could be good, but I'm far more drawn to the idea of losing myself in characters alot of people already know, instead of making new ones. Gotham Central is a great book with alot of untapped potential for storytelling in an RPG, and one of the great aspects about it is that it's centered and focused on a smaller scale than the other DC books. That's what I'm trying to go with, here, with the concept... making an RPG that's not a vast universe, but on a more centered world that focuses more on a certain set of characters.

It's an experiment for me, really, to see how something like that could work.

And if we're really keen on the TDK/BB setting, why not a new DC movie universe, just throwing it out there

Because DC really, really doesn't have the best track record of movies, lately. There's been Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and Constantine, with all three being debatable on quality (SR and Constantine, moreso). Not much variety there for a potential movie universe, and not to mention the fact that properties such as Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern haven't been realized as films yet (When JLA comes out, I'll have a much different opinion).

This RPG, however, combines alot of great elements of the comics with the movies, bringing a better, fuller universe, in my eyes. Doing that in a DC movie universe would, to me, just be a matter of reinventing classic DC characters in a modern setting... something we already have with the Ultimate DC RPG.

Now, a Marvel Movie Universe RPG, I could see. I could definitely see, actually. I just don't think DC has enough to go off of, right now, because a Movie RPG requires a grander scale than what I'm trying to go with in this concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"