Application: The "Rise Of Marvels" RPG - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
marvelunleashedbigjz3.jpg

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Master Bruce

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: allstarbatman - YIM, [email protected] - MSN

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Eddie Brock Jr. - Co Gamemaster, Byrd Man - Assistant Gamemaster

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: One main GM, one Co-GM, one AGM. Three staffers, basically. It will go on a season by season basis, with the GM's enforcing character app's, the rules, and updating the rosters. Each GM will have the right to refuse acceptance of an app as they see fit, whether it be because the application isn't well done, filled out correctly, or the character itself is far too early to be introduced, logically.

Premise of RPG (Must be a paragraph or longer): (Premise written by Master Bruce and Eddie Brock Jr.)

Thousands of years ago, there existed a great battle throughout the cosmos. On one side, the beings known as the Watchers of the Universe. On the other, a great and powerful being known only as The Beyonder. This battle raged on for hundreds of years, until finally, Uatu, the Watcher's leader, banished The Beyonder from their realm. Travelling the cosmos in search of worlds to destroy, The Beyonder came upon a primitive planet called Earth, lying just near the edge of the milky way galaxy. Travelling forth, with the intent of inalliation, The Beyonder has since made his way towards the inhabited planet, with it's doomsday growing ever closer since...

There is also trouble upon the planet itself, as it grows closer to an enivitable new war. Evolving past the evolutionary chain of natural occurance, select humans have aqquired what is known as the 'X-Gene', and have thus become what are known as mutants. Despised, upon their discovery by humankind, the beings recieve unnatural and unwavering torment for years, until finally, in 1972, President Richard Nixon of the United States introduced a bill to require by law that these beings to register with the goverment. With the aide of mutant advocate Charles Xavier, who introduced a shelter for unregistered mutants or mutants without homes, the bill was passed through congress. Outraged by this, the mutant known as Erik Magnus Lehnsherr became the terrorist known as Magneto, and formed the group known as The Brotherhood of Mutants, seeking to destroy humankind for their treachery.

However, there is hope.

It is now the Earth year 2013, and The Watchers, sensing The Beyonder's intentions, have decided to go against their lifelong code of solace and bestow upon the planet a great power, known as the metahuman outbreak, affecting only only a group of forseen champions of Earth. Humans such as Steven Rogers, Peter Parker, Matthew Murdock, Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, Benjamin Grimm, and Bruce Banner are given abilities far beyond those of mortal beings, masked through bizarre circumstances that hide the Watchers' prescence. However, while the Watchers' intent was noble, not all recepients of such power would become champions. Humans such as Otto Octavious, Victor Von Doom, Jebediah Killgrave, and other unkindred souls, seek to abuse their powers for personal gain. It is for this reason that the Watchers force themselves back into isolation, for error in their ways, as The Beyonder draws ever closer to Earth. Will the post-mutants, as those bestowed are called, be able to defend Earth from the galactic threat? Will the pre-mutants suceed in dominating Earth?

This is where heroes are tested. This is where legends are made. This is... the rise of Marvels.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The "Rise Of Marvels" RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

'RISE OF MARVELS' RPG Application
Screenname:
Character You Would Like To Play:
Powers:
Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point):
Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin):
Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?):
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:

Dibs on Spidey!!111!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

No dibs.

First come, first serve, though you can express interest in a character.

That said, EBJ expressed interest in Cap, you expressed interest in Spidey, Syn expressed interest in Moon Knight, and I had my sights (ironically) set on Daredevil.

Didn't you say that part of the problem was that there was too many RPGs already? :huh:

Yeah, MB! What's wrong with you?! Are you a ******? :cmad:

I kinda liked the retro setting from the first time around. Nevertheless, I 'express interest' in Iron Man.

I'm gonna have to say wait a few months on this....if the players are as committed as they let on then this can 'age' for a bit and people will still be on fire about it.

That said..I will leave it open to accept it sooner, i.e. a few weeks, but I'd just like to see how the forums/RPGs work with no more new RPG additions.

Didn't you say that part of the problem was that there was too many RPGs already? :huh:

I just looked back at my posts, both in the RPG concept thread and the Seasonal Rotation thread, and I can safely say that I never said that. Quite the contrary... I made an argument against such thinking, saying that there were a few concepts that were worth trying, and that's why people still make applications: To test the waters, if you will.

But, I digress. Twy's already made it clear that this isn't approved, so I guess this won't be approved, for the time being. I'll bump the thread in a couple months, if anyone's still even interested.

There are 4 DC RPGs, but a third Marvel RPG is too much? Lame. :o

Four DC RPGs, of which two are struggling, of which one should be receiving some major attention from MB.

Which one needs attention? Ultimate DC is fine.

I think he's referring to Why So Serious? there Catman.

Which I'm not a character in. And truth be told, I should probably hand the reigns of GM over to someone else.

Yep, talking about WSS?

And, yes, I know you're no longer playing a character, but you're the one that set it up, you're the GM, you're supposed to be the driving force, but you've all but abandoned it.

I'm a little confused with the concept. Care to clarify?

I'm a little confused with the concept. Care to clarify?
What's to confuse? :huh:

It's zero continuity. But since that didn't work last time, MB and I retooled it to be a more 'appealing' concept.

What's different about it?
For one thing, it takes place one month after the origins. So we skipped one of the slowest parts (for a lot of people). We have incorporated an overarching storyline that will culminate in Secret Wars - thus helping to encourage interaction. And we created a specific universe (which is focused more on mutation) rather than anything goes.

For one thing, it takes place one month after the origins. So we skipped one of the slowest parts (for a lot of people). We have incorporated an overarching storyline that will culminate in Secret Wars - thus helping to encourage interaction. And we created a specific universe (which is focused more on mutation) rather than anything goes.
I don't see the difference from Dawn. I'll see how it does.

Seriously, BL....are you ******ed? :huh: Did you not read the app? It's in a much diffrent tone than DOM, this one can be alot more darker than DOM.

I still don't understand what's different about it and why you have it set in the near future and are bringing the Secret War into it so early. Why not just make a Secret War RPG?

And what's really confusing is why Byrd is all for this when he couldn't wait for the first one to die? And why does he want to play Spidey while I was under the assumption Spidey was one of Byrd's least favorite Marvel characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"