Application: The "Rise Of Marvels" RPG - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand what's different about it and why you have it set in the near future and are bringing the Secret War into it so early. Why not just make a Secret War RPG?

First off, 2013 isn't that far off. I'm not sure why the set it then either. Second, it refers to Beyonder and Watcher, but we can go on asl ong as we want to before we start a Secret War event.

Blackligt said:
And what's really confusing is why Byrd is all for this when he couldn't wait for the first one to die?

I was all for the last one, up until I saw it was dying. After that, I didn't give a **** because no matter what we did or how many PMs we sent out, it would die.

Blacklight said:
And why does he want to play Spidey while I was under the assumption Spidey was one of Byrd's least favorite Marvel characters?

So what? I may not care for him. But it's against the law for me to want to play him, while you other morons drool over him and trip over your own tounges to play him? I want to see how I can play Spidey, I've never had the chance. Like I am with Batman, I just want the chance to play him and see how I do. That's all.

First off, 2013 isn't that far off. I'm not sure why the set it then either. Second, it refers to Beyonder and Watcher, but we can go on asl ong as we want to before we start a Secret War event.

I was all for the last one, up until I saw it was dying. After that, I didn't give a **** because no matter what we did or how many PMs we sent out, it would die.

So what? I may not care for him. But it's against the law for me to want to play him, while you other morons drool over him and trip over your own tounges to play him? I want to see how I can play Spidey, I've never had the chance. Like I am with Batman, I just want the chance to play him and see how I do. That's all.
It's not against the law for you to want to play someone you don't care for, but it's just peculiar to me. I guess I can agree with you on that front, considering Spidey and Bats doesn't appeal to me either, however if an RPG had them in it but they weren't being played, I'd apply just for the sake of having their prescence in the RPG, not because I want to play them.

As for this RPG, the whole darker, future, changing their origins concept doesn't grab me like it did before, so I won't join. Personally the reason why I liked playing Wolverine and Iron Man in the first DOM is because their origins from 616 weren't changed more than slightly, but this game seems like you'll have to drastically alter something in order for it to work, and that doesn't appeal to me. Sorry guys.

Personally the reason why I liked playing Wolverine and Iron Man in the first DOM is because their origins from 616 weren't changed more than slightly, but this game seems like you'll have to drastically alter something in order for it to work, and that doesn't appeal to me. Sorry guys.

Well, if you don't have enough imagination to think outside the little box the comic companies give you, we don't really need you.

As for this RPG, the whole darker, future, changing their origins concept doesn't grab me like it did before, so I won't join. Personally the reason why I liked playing Wolverine and Iron Man in the first DOM is because their origins from 616 weren't changed more than slightly, but this game seems like you'll have to drastically alter something in order for it to work, and that doesn't appeal to me. Sorry guys.

Call me crazy, but when I read this post I see someone who's, essentially, saying "I'm only up for a game if there's not much origin-based creativity involved, and I get to play as a character I can't play as in the other games because I got here late."

To be frank, the entire point of "Dawn" was to completely re-do a character in a fun and interesting way that was, really, nothing like the original.

Deadpool would randomly collapse, Sandman was the Kingpin of Crime, and a whole host of other characters had unique origins that truly differed from those in the comics. That's the point of re-establishing continuity.

Well, if you don't have enough imagination to think outside the little box the comic companies give you, we don't really need you.

Call me crazy, but when I read this post I see someone who's, essentially, saying "I'm only up for a game if there's not much origin-based creativity involved, and I get to play as a character I can't play as in the other games because I got here late."

To be frank, the entire point of "Dawn" was to completely re-do a character in a fun and interesting way that was, really, nothing like the original.

Deadpool would randomly collapse, Sandman was the Kingpin of Crime, and a whole host of other characters had unique origins that truly differed from those in the comics. That's the point of re-establishing continuity.
Sometimes, I really love you guys. *wipes tear from eye*

Personally, I was going to do Vietnam veteran Cap. :up:

Cool, I've always wanted to know what Cap would look like with long hair, and having 'Nam flashbacks.

Cool, I've always wanted to know what Cap would look like with long hair, and having 'Nam flashbacks.
Well, my Cap would only have long hair in the beginning. Once re-entering the program, he would conform to military standards. But yeah, I was rather excited about the concept.

I got a relative who was in 'nam. He was a captain and saved a **** load of soldiers. He almost got the medal of honor, bastard is crazy as a ****ing loon now. But he did his part in 'Nam.

Simmah down people...Simmah down :o

Seriously...>.<; Let's let this rest for a few weeks until MB get's his GMing stuffs sorted out.

Why does the thread have to rest? Can it not be discussed even if it won't be accepted for a while?

I believe that Twy meant that the concept should be allowed to rest and seep into the darkest corners of our minds and souls.

Well I generally meant the rather heated discussion on the previous page ;)

But the seepage into the mind shall continue!

Odd, I'd imagine all the Marvel buffs would be all over this. Yes there is Ultimate Marvel, but as I said when I expressed my beliefs about Dawn of Marvels...it is no continuity set up at all basically; Ultimate Marvel has some stuff set up.

I surely would've thought I'd see people of the Marvel RPG making comments. I for one am not a big enough fan to have great interest in this. But if Dawn of Marvels failed, sadly not sure about this one. Both RPGs should've grabbed the big Marvel buffs.

I loved Dawn, didnt understand why it failed to be perfectly honest.

I'll join up here too if it gets off the ground. Hopefully I can reprise my role as Deadpool from DoM :csad:

I'd also like to join if this ever comes to fruition.

Has the thread slept long enough?

I would join this if it was in the 60's or current times like it originally was. Apocalyptic future? Not so much.

I wouldn't say apocalyptic. I'd say it's more of a cyber-punk/tolitarian goverment future.

Hmm, I'd love to play Silver Surfer and Eddie Brock. Seeing as the Secret Wars would happen early on, it would give me time to let people to get to know Brock, before he becomes Venom.

Hmm...Obviously the concept still has followers ;)

And The Marvel RPG's are like..two now..my only worry is if the inclusion of a third character in the Main Marvel RPG will effect this one in anyway.

Well, I could always only allow one character for the first season, so no one would be stretched so thin.

Wait! Let's do Marvel 2099 instead!

MB, Yes but if you only have on character for the first season, it pushes the limits for the RPG actually moving along. :/

However I don't see any large issues with it, just don't push it to fast ;)

And let's see if the others whom originally showed interest are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"