Are Marvel villains really inconsistent now?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Are Marvel villains really inconsistent now?

The villains in the Hood's group seem really inconsistent, in New avengers Wizard is just one dimensional lap dog of the hood, in Fantastic Four he is attacking the FF himself and has had a mental break down, so how do those two versions mesh?

Also in the hood mini series the hood used a slave disc on the controller to make him obey, in Iron Man there is no evidence that Controller is being mind controlled.

Are there any other examples? Why do you think there is this inconsistence?

Rulk beating Thor and a Watcher but yet getting beat by She-Rulk. Dumb as can be.

There's tons of inconsistencies in heroes and villains in comics, and frankly I see it as one of the biggest problems comic writing has. Comics will never NEVER be taken seriously as an art form when they're is so much inconsistency in storylines/character progressions/power levels all the time.

What makes me scratch my head is that there are almost 100 villains in The Hood's group and no writer tried to take a lame one and make him a bad ass.

I say build up the Wrecking Crew again.

Daredevil has alot of lame villains that need a makeover imo, like Stilt-Man, The Owl, etc. His rogue gallery is rather sub-par.

Ever since Secret Invasion, villains became irrelevant if they're not working for Osborn.

Its simply just a matter of writers not coordinating with each other. Every writer has a different vision of how strong a villain is or whatnot. Look how weak Bendis has made Doom lately. He's been getting his ass kicked for the past couple of years.

Pretty much. Villains (and everyone else) are inconsistent because writers' visions for characters are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"