Why is the Hood's gang so boring and unimpressive?

I'd like to know more about the Hood turning into that white martian a few months ago. Wtf was that?

The beating he gave Tigra was intense though. I almost felt bad for her but then I remembered she was a spy for Tony during CW. ***** :o

Really? The fact that she was a horrible spy redeemed her for me.

NP, you'll love it. Classic tale from the villian's point of view. I hate what they did to the character after this.

Didn't the Wrecking Crew just free themselves from prison? And the Wrecking Crew may be followers, but the Wrecker is a leader. They very rarely work with anyone else, yet here they are, taking orders from a guy who's vastly less powerful than any of them.

They do work for others all the time, for example they worked Zemo during the Seige of the Avengers Mansion saga and he was less powerful then the Hood. Those guys are thugs, they aren't amibitious enough to lead, so I can see them taking orders.

Again some of these guys being members makes sense, others would need an explnation and still others make no sense what so ever.

Zemo was a hell of a lot smarter than the Hood, though. Usually, if someone's in a high position, they've got either brains or power. The Hood doesn't seem to have either. That's my main problem with this storyline. Forget about the Wrecking Crew, why is anyone who can stand up to an invisible guy with guns bothering with this idiot?

Yeah, zemo is respected. He doesn't need ultra powers, villians listen to him like heroes listened to cap. Now if you're say an unknown that hasn't done anything, then you either need the worlds greatest plan (a villians union isn't it) or enough power to impose your will (doesn't have that either).

Zemo was a hell of a lot smarter than the Hood, though. Usually, if someone's in a high position, they've got either brains or power. The Hood doesn't seem to have either. That's my main problem with this storyline. Forget about the Wrecking Crew, why is anyone who can stand up to an invisible guy with guns bothering with this idiot?

Now to be fair it does seem like Hood's power has increased in recent times, with his ability to transform into a demon.

Now are better chices for the leader position of such a group, like Count Nefaria, but since hood is already Bendis' choice.... There can be a benefit with having a leader who isn't the best choice, far more of potential for betrayal and back stabbing.

Now to be fair it does seem like Hood's power has increased in recent times, with his ability to transform into a demon.

Now are better chices for the leader position of such a group, like Count Nefaria, but since hood is already Bendis' choice.... There can be a benefit with having a leader who isn't the best choice, far more of potential for betrayal and back stabbing.

He's always had that power, he just recently learned how to use it without getting electrocuted. (check the original mini)

Actual leaders in that grouping:

Crossfire
Purple Man
Vector
Wizard
Wrecker
(just off the top of my head and who I remember is in there, I'm sure there's worlds more)

^all have greater power and bigger brains.

I have no doubt there'll be betrayal but when bendis shows the hood slapping around the wrecking crew with ease, it'll just cheapen the whole thing.

Maybe The Hood got a power upgrade like Luke Cage. Luke Cage, now being able to take out The Wrecker by himself. Either way, it's Bendis. The guy who wrote Dr. Strange jobbing to an airplane. I wouldn't be surprised if all of those villains could be beat by ninjas right now.

Well, if the New Avengers stood half a chance and the New Avengers could be beaten by ninjas...

I'm gonna stop thinking about this because it'll inevitably just make me sad. :csad:

Another good question is what is Mr. Fear's status in the group. Mr. Fear IV (Alan ***an) is a member of the group, but Hood is in a turf war with Mr. Fear III (Larry Cranston). Also the two Mr. Fears are related, Cranston is Alan's uncle. Shouldn't Hood be distrustful of Alan, blood is thicker than water.

Maybe The Hood got a power upgrade like Luke Cage. Luke Cage, now being able to take out The Wrecker by himself. Either way, it's Bendis. The guy who wrote Dr. Strange jobbing to an airplane. I wouldn't be surprised if all of those villains could be beat by ninjas right now.

Well, Luke got his upgrade in the 90's to about 40 ton class. Wrecker, when not sharing his power with those other *****e bags, is 40. Not only did Luke get the drop on him, but he had to share his powers with the rest of the crew at the time as well. In truth, Luke coulda kicked his ass even if he saw him coming.

to be fair Bendis story hasnt completely focused on the Hood's gang. There's the skrull stuff and the Venom stuff and the Spider-Woman thing. I kind of like all this **** happening at once, makes it seem all the more crazier. Although, I suppose for it to work out Bendis will have to give a little more focus on the Hood and his crew by the end of the story.

and keep in mind im saying this being 2 months behind on comics:up:

One of the problems I think Marvel has with these kind of "big villain team-up" groups is that, unlike DC, most of Marvel's big-name villains would never consent to be in the same room for long periods of time; if Marvel's heroes are less cohesive than DC's, their villains are even less so. When Doctor Doom and the Red Skull exchanged information/tech in Captain America #23, a bunch of fans complained about that not being in Doom's character. So you get groups like the Hood's team, a bunch of D-listers, with a couple of more prominent names.

Eh, I don't have a problem with the fundamental concept of Marvel villains teaming up. True, they're not as inclined to do so as DC's villains have been in recent years, but they're still ostensibly people with at least some common sense, and common sense dictates that there is strength in numbers. My problem is the way the whole thing is set up. The Hood just doesn't have the pedigree or the brains or the muscle to be leading a group like this. In lieu of a better leader, the story might have played better if we at least saw some internal conflict--backstabbings, people biding their time to betray others, etc.--but the Hood's gang seems to be about as gosh-darn hunky-dory a group of villains as you ever did see. All the Hood had to do was kill the Owl and kick Tigra's ass. I bet all the classic villains are sitting around wondering when the hell things got that easy. :o

The Owl will be back as soon as someone else wants to use him. No big deal. Villains have an even easier time of resurrecting than heroes do.

Besides, even if he doesn't, who cares? It's the ****ing Owl. :dry:

He's already alive again, *****e. And he's got boobs now. The Owl wishes he had boobs like Loki's. Or the ability to breathe, like Loki. :o

Owl always had boobs, look at his fat ass. Now if Loki had a vag, we'd be talking. As long as he looks the same and all. Mmmmm...

I tend to imagine the offices of Marvel like those of sleazy "film" producers, promising young women that they'd get them their big breaks.

Ultron did his tour of duty in Mighty Avengers and now he's back in the spotlight with Conquest. Now it looks like its Loki's turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"