Are ppl intimidated by good looking people?

I guess a little bit. But if I was on a bus and there was a hot girl sitting right there with an open seat right next to her, I'd sit there. I'd probably try not to look at her though, because when people stare at me it makes me feel weird.

well . . . I decided to go the cow abortion pill cuz that broad was a heffer . . . :o

edit: wrong topic :O

I have a good story about getting hit on while riding the subway. I was coming home from work early, so the train was pretty quiet. It was just me and one other guy in our little section of seats. I didn't notice him particularily checking me out and I was listening to my Ipod and was being fairly oblivious to the world. All of a sudden he moves into the seat beside me and hands me a note that says

I was so shocked I pretty much just whipped the thing back at him and yelled no. But it sure was interesting.

Wait....so Doctor Watson is a girl?

brett.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

I'm puzzled, because you said that you saw the comment on another site, but you're acting like my insults about the dork that wrote the comments are directed at you. :huh:
Maybe you said, "I've had the same experience as this guy! :up:"
But if you did, I haven't seen it.
I only saw you say that you saw this on another site, and thought it was a valid question.
If you are irrationally scared of attractive girls, and crippled with insecurity, I'm sorry. :(

OH!, lol, I see now.
The part in italics was the thing you saw:
i was sitting on the bus this morning during the busy hour and i noticed a very hot blonde chick(super model status) sitting by herself. As more and more people got on people made an effort to not sit in the seat right next to her. when the bus was almost full a guy had the opportunity to sit in the seat right next to her but when he saw her he chose to stand. My question is are people intimidated by good looking people?

And THEN, you commented:
I think this in general is true. I've gotten on a bus and seen a really hot looking girl, and not wnated to sit next to her in case she:

1)...gets up suddenly; which would be embarrassing to me.
2)... thinks i'm trying to chat her up.
3)Or I end up doing something stupid and ridiculous in her eyes.....

Woops.
Well, yeah, I don't think it's true in general, because there are 4 regular hot chicks that ride my morning bus Monday through Friday, and there is always someone sitting next to them, and if the only free seat is next to them, I sit down there. :huh:

You should try not to overthink it so much.
The bus is to get from point A to point B...that's why everyone is on it.

I'm puzzled, because you said that you saw the comment on another site, but you're acting like my insults about the dork that wrote the comments are directed at you. :huh:
Maybe you said, "I've had the same experience as this guy! :up:"
But if you did, I haven't seen it.
I only saw you say that you saw this on another site, and thought it was a valid question.
If you are irrationally scared of attractive girls, and crippled with insecurity, I'm sorry. :(

I saw the 'italicized' part of the first post on another site. I said i could relate because back in my youth i've seen, and felt the same things. And i'm not scared of woman, in fact prior to marriage i was quite the ladies man.:yay: This is not about being AFRAID of woman, i think it's more about making them not feel bothered, or harassed, or about to get hit on, especially when your intentions are anything but those things.

1) I don't buy it. If someone's smell makes me want to vomit, I can sense it from the second they sit down next to me....provided it's bad enough.

2) Describe the guy. Are you saying she moved because he looking like Rocky Dennis in "Mask", or she moved because he was less than "Cover of GQ, drop-dead hunky with a 6 pack and a chiseled face".

If the person had a nauseating birth defect, or was disfigured in some way that made them appear to be non-human, then it's more understandable than just, "a guy who wasn't as attractive as she was".
:huh:

O.k now your really talking outta your rear end. :o Are you telling me there are no snobbish ppl in the world, who simply look down on other, just because....? I recall back when i worked at this law firm; i got on the elevator and stood next to this woman, who rolled her eyes at he and INSTANTLY got off. Everybody in the elevator were looking at this stupid ***** like "wft her problem" I didn't smell bad (i show before work and get complemented quite frequently about my tastes in cologne). I don't have a birth defect............

.....i laughed it off, as did everyone else in the elevator that day, as her being a stupid, snotty *****.

You fail to realize that some ppl are just plain.............odd.

I've seen people having sex on the bus and I failed to see any eroticism.

There are too many stumbling, bloody drunk people, speed freaks, shouting gangstas, blasting iPODs, fetid homeless people, and ginormous (sorry Terry), obese women with proto-beards, talking to themselves....to get too aroused.

I always just close my eyes and meditate and dream of getting to my stop.
When I see hot chicks I feel sorry for them, and if there's a space, I'm glad to sit next to them because I smell like Armani cologne and it will distract them from the lice-ridden mutants smelling up the rest of the bus. :(
The last time I was on public transportation was in the summer of 2004 when I was in London. Can't say I've seen people having sex (tongue wrestling doesn't count, right?) while in public transport (airplane doesn't count either, right?) but I can't imagine it being... erotic.

You smell like Armani cologne? Please sit next to me. I insist. I'll even push the person already sitting next to me to make room for you.

well . . . I decided to go the cow abortion pill cuz that broad was a heffer . . . :o

edit: wrong topic :O
And what pill are you on, sir? I have no idea what you're talking about? :confused:

I saw the 'italicized' part of the first post on another site.
Yes, see above, I realized my mistake.

O.k now your really talking outta your rear end. :o Are you telling me there are no snobbish ppl in the world, who simply look down on other, just because....? I recall back when i worked at this law firm; i got on the elevator and stood next to this woman, who rolled her eyes at he and INSTANTLY got off. Everybody in the elevator were looking at this stupid ***** like "wft her problem" I didn't smell bad (i show before work and get complemented quite frequently about my tastes in cologne). I don't have a birth defect............

.....i laughed it off, as did everyone else in the elevator that day, as her being a stupid, snotty *****.

You fail to realize that some ppl are just plain.............odd.
I think some people are more sensitive than others, and more overtly snobby than others, but I think there's always a reason, a more pressing reason than just "I'm too good for you, judging on the this instant in which I have seen you for the first time."

Maybe you had too much cologne on.
I've never seen someone just act offended for no reason other than that they felt "better".
Like, I have seen people act snooty when a person comes in with their iPOD blaring so loud that everyone can hear it....or when one person is holding everyone else up as if the universe revolves around them....or if the person appears slovenly, like a homeless person, or a slob....the strong smells, good or bad, that I've already mentioned....

But anyway, a great way to stave off your fears that the hot chick on the bus will think you're going to chat her up, is to sit down next to her, and....don't talk to her. I have nothing to say to the strangers on the bus and am usually annoyed when some stranger starts talking to me.

But, maybe I'm naive, I do not think most attractive women on a bus are going to get up and move for no good reason. :huh:

I want to ruffle your husband's mohawk. I think you two are such a freaky-looking couple. :heart:
Its fun! It bounces right back to where it was. :woot:

OMG! Me too! I call dibs on being on top. I've always wanted to be a cowgirl. *puts on cowboy hat*

Top is where it's at. :up: Though it is fun to do the bucking. :o

I think some people equate tattoos or certain types of tattoos with specific classes of people...We have this girl in my office who has ass antlers...she also happens to be the office ****...

Most certainly. There are people who fit those stereotypes, like your office ****- a lot of those people get those tattoos because they already fit that stereotype and think its the only reason to get a tattoo.

So I don't much get upset at people for making those assumptions. I don't expect a lot out of people, and they don't earn my respect. Then we all go on our way.

I do find it amusing, though. :woot:

^.Nothing personal to you, but this leads me to another question:

Do attractive girls always pick un-attractive guys as their friends?.... Because they know that the guy has to know that he doesn't stand a chance in hell at being intimate with them; yet the girl still gets the benefit of having a male friend, that many girls like to have.....?

See, it's obvious that the people who suffer in these situations are attractive guys like myself.

We don't approach girls, and no girl wants to be our friend. :csad:

as far as looks I always use "The Index" I'm a 5 so I won't go any higher than a 7 or any lower than a 3

There was this chick I worked with at CDW called Bethany, I mentioned her before. She literally looked and acted like a Paris Hilton type. She had this air of "I'm hot as hell and you little dorks know it" thing going on, had the blonde hair down to her waist, always had on the Beverly Hills-type fashions, the whole nine. All the dudes would sweat her due to this. I'd see her in the hall or go ask her about something if I needed help, and left it at that. But later on during my time there she would start calling my extension, coming to my cubicle, asking what i was doing, etc. Not romantic-wise, but I think because I just made like she was just another dude there and wasn't getting all flustered and **** talking to her, it shocked her.

Not always the case. In the one instance i saw it, the chick had no time to analyze the guy breathe, body odor or whatnot, it was an instantaneous move. Some ppl are snobbish, or high and mighty, or think they're god's gift to the world.

I think this would be a very rare and isolated incident of unusual snobbery or someone that doesn't like people in their personal space.

I think this would be a very rare and isolated incident of unusual snobbery or someone that doesn't like people in their personal space.
But what's telling is that he identifies with that guy.
It has never even occurred to me to worry that my fellow bus passenger might get up and leave when I sit down. lol :huh:

Maybe, if you're already in that defeatist mindset of perceived inferiority, you act weird, jumpy and spooky and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I just look for a seat next to another asian person. There's an understanding.

But what's telling is that he identifies with that guy.
It has never even occurred to me to worry that my fellow bus passenger might get up and leave when I sit down. lol :huh:

Maybe, if you're already in that defeatist mindset of perceived inferiority, you act weird, jumpy and spooky and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm a king of socially awkward, but even I would take the free seat, if it were the nearest seat or only seat available. Even if it were Logan's Runt or DBella sitting there!!! Or if it were a 3 seater, and they were at either side, I'd happily get into the middle of that.

From now on when I board a bus, I will sit by the hot girl to see what happens. Even if there's no one else on the bus. :yay:

I'm a king of socially awkward, but even I would take the free seat, if it were the nearest seat or only seat available. Even if it were Logan's Runt or DBella sitting there!!! Or if it were a 3 seater, and they were at either side, I'd happily get into the middle of that.
No WAY! :eek:

What if they started riding each other like cowgirls on the sexual bus and didn't tap you to join in?!
Zat vould be erniedrigung!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"