Are ppl intimidated by good looking people?

I've witnessed a guy sit next to a girl on the train, and she suddenly got up and moved to other seat. The whole train was looking back and forth at the two of them like, wft. :huh: The guy had a puzzled look on his face.

I must confess I did something like this before, but it was because the guy was realy creepy he first sat across me and looked at me the whole time and as soon as the seat next came free he went to sit at it....:o

Saw this on another site, and thought it struck up a valid question:

i was sitting on the bus this morning during the busy hour and i noticed a very hot blonde chick(super model status) sitting by herself. As more and more people got on people made an effort to not sit in the seat right next to her. when the bus was almost full a guy had the opportunity to sit in the seat right next to her but when he saw her he chose to stand. My question is are people intimidated by good looking people?

I think this in general is true. I've gotten on a bus and seen a really hot looking girl, and not wnated to sit next to her in case she:

1)...gets up suddenly; which would be embarrassing to me.
2)... thinks i'm trying to chat her up.
3)Or I end up doing something stupid and ridiculous in her eyes.....

On the other side of the coin, i've been sitting on a bus, where there 's an empty seat right next to me, and i've seen really hot girls get on the bus and stand up, as oppose to sitting down besides me. Probably because they think i'll try to talk to them....or maybe i'm the hot one and they're intimidated by me.:cwink:

Now that i'm married and older, it doesn't bother me either way. But when i was in my teens and early twenties, i could relate.

Your thoughts.....

The example you're quoting is not an accurate representation of the reasons why ppl would be intimidated by looks. Why would any guy be intimidated to sit next to a good looking girl? That doesn't make sense. The intimidation only begins when you plan on doing something else beside sitting.

I hate public transport. I've caught school girls taking photos of me with their phones before, which is annoying.

I hate public transport. I've caught school girls taking photos of me with their phones before, which is annoying.

They want some of that sweet union_jak, fool. You better get on that.:o

*fire sits by hot girl on an otherwise unoccupied bus*
Girl: Why are you sitting here?
Fire: Uh, because it's an open seat?
Girl: But there's no one else riding, you could sit way over there.
Fire: Nah, I just figured I'd sit by you if that's cool.
Girl: Are you stalking me?
Fire: Not at all. I just wanted to see if what would happen if I purposely sat by a hot girl, so I can report it to the guys at this website called Superhero Hype.
Girl: *breaks glass, jumps out the bus window*

:whatever: :woot:

A little side-track off the topic. I was on the bus back in my youth, there was two empty seats on the entire bus; one besides me, and one a row back and across from me. As we pulled up to the bus stop the entire bus noticed a burnt man about to get on the bus. That's right, he was burnt from head to toe, and he was wearing this strange skin tight plastic suit (i assume it's to help his wounds heal, and guard against infections :huh:). It was really eerie, never sen anything like it before. There was only two seats left; as he boarded, i looked back at the girl, who had the other empty seat and she was looking at me. We both knew he was either gonna sit next to me, or next to her! She suddenly puts her bag and her jacket down on the empty seat next to her! Now the thing is with that was, i was about to get up and sit down next to her, to give this poor/creepy fella a seat all to himself. But by her body language, i assumed she just reacted and didn't want him next to her, as oppose to not wanting me to sit next to her. Anyway, the guy sat next to me until the end of the line.

Not really applicable with this thread, but everytime i hear/read about 'buses and seats', this memory comes back.

:yay:

Thats ashame, but not getting up and sitting next to the guy the rest of your ride was really a nice thing. I bet it made him feel good that you didn't jump up.

Well i had no choice. I was in the seat next to the window, he as in the isle seat. They're twin seats...i was trapped. :csad:

Ok...where the hell do you people live? I never, in my life, seen an attractive person use public transportation.

Ok...where the hell do you people live? I never, in my life, seen an attractive person use public transportation.

If they are, they're usually in some PDA with another equally as attractive person. Hot girls rarely travel alone.

Attractive people are *****bags and shoudl be exterminated. Long Live ugly.

Wait....so Doctor Watson is a girl?

brett.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Correct, good sir. :)

I can believe it. I've seen some attractive girls at bars by themselves or with a friend.

Attractive girls at a bar by themselves? No effing way. Prove it! Things like that simply don't happen out of choice. The whole point of going to bars with friends is so they can save each other from boring guys hitting on them.

Some people probably equate tattoos with... gangs, and that's why they find people with tattoos intimidating or scary? Maybe they're afraid of Wolvie's claws. :csad:

I'm not scared of you. In fact, if we were to ever cross path, I'd pounce on you. Like Tigger.

No, not British. My Mom was born and raised in Italy and she learned English there, British English. She speaks British English at home and therefore, I still have some of that British English influence on me. There goes my life story...

Ugh! All those good comments were a waste of time then! :mad: :(

ELLO, GOV'NOR!

If I was intimidated by good looking people I'd be intimidated by myself.

Which I'm not.

Just kidding.

Not really.

Yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95