Are there any veterinarians in the house?

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
Maybe you can help me. My dog has a soft lump in his earlobe about the size of a quarter. It just came up today and I have no ideal what it is. If there are any vets here what do you think it could be.:csad:

I'm not a vet. But, I want to be a vet tech. and I watch E-Vets on Animal Planet religiously. I think you should probably take your dog to the vet as soon as possible. It could be a tumor. And it will need to be removed fast.

Aye. I don't think that's something to chance on the internet. Take him to the vet ASAP.

Well I doubt it's a tumor, It's too soft and it came up too fast {in less than a day} to be a tumor. I'm thinking some kind of infection. I'll get him to a vet as soon as I can but right now I'm flat broke. I just wanted a vets opinion.

It's likely a cyst. It's most likely nothing to worry about, to be honest, but to be sure take him in. Cysts can appear very quickly in and on dogs and are usually nothing more than fluid-filled tissue...and they're very simple to remove.

I had a couple of golden retrievers, and one in particular had several throughout the course of her lifetime.

Maybe he got bit by a kryptonite-radiated mosquito.:wow:

Poor Krypto.:csad:

Seriously though, it may be a bug bite.

It is most likely a cyst. But, if you're anything like me...I get so paranoid when my dog so much as sneezes. Perhaps I watch TOO much Animal Planet. It's better to be safe than sorry though.

Can you tell us anything else about it, what it looks like, etc?

Try it now. There was an extra HTTP:// in the link.

It could be a lipoma which is a small sack of fat that can form. My dog got them and they are fine and do not hurt the animal. It could also be an infection from ear mites. But definitely take the dog to the vet.

Maybe you can help me. My dog has a soft lump in his earlobe about the size of a quarter. It just came up today and I have no ideal what it is. If there are any vets here what do you think it could be.:csad:

I had that same thing happen with my pup a few months ago. At first, of course, we were freaking out, jumping to the conclusion that it was something life-threatening, like a tumor. But it turned out just to be a thick area of matted hair. With all the scratching dogs do back there behind their ears, it's a pretty common occurrence.

My suggestion is you give fido a good rinse and scrubbing, then see if the matting has loosened up enough for you to cut it away, if your case turns out to be the same as mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"