The Wolverine "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Hold the line!

Retake the Wolverine ending... i mean fresh RT score!

‘The Wolverine’ Reviews: Film Opens To Mixed Reactions From Critics

Directed by James Mangold (Walk the Line), and adapted for the big screen by Mark Bobback and Scott Frank, The Wolverine has met with both praise and nuanced criticism from movie reviewers.

Read the FULL REVIEW HERE:

http://uinterview.com/news/lsquothe...lm-opens-to-mixed-reactions-from-critics-8132

I'll take mixed reviews rather than a unanimous it's a crap movie reviews...

These articles should cheer you up a bit

http://variety.com/2013/film/box-of...with-one-of-summers-best-openings-1200568188/

Cauterizing Hollywood’s streak of big-budget bleeding at the box office, Fox’s “The Wolverine” should score one of the best three-day openings this summer, tracking between $75 million and $80 million through Sunday.

If the film lands at the high end of tracking, the latest installment from Marvel’s “X-Men” franchise — which doesn’t use the “X-Men” name anywhere — would rival some of the best openings from the property’s previous pics, though some observers are more cautious, citing expectations in the $60 million-$65 million range.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-wolverine-sharpening-593275

Last edited:
I'll take mixed reviews rather than a unanimous it's a crap movie reviews...

This article should cheer you up a bit

http://variety.com/2013/film/box-of...with-one-of-summers-best-openings-1200568188/

True.. At this point in the release of Origins it was already being called a CRAP FEST.

A crude blunderbuss of a superhero movie, X-Men Origins: Wolverine proves that the greatest supervillains confronting Marvel Comics’ shape-shifters, lycanthropes and mind-readers are clumsy directors and sloppy screenwriters.
Colin Covert – Minneapolis Star Tribune

There’s an implicit threat in the title X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It’s the suggestion that there are lots of X-Men, and each one has an origin, and that this is just the first of a potentially endless series of X-Men movies – each one doing what this one does: boring audiences with go-nowhere action sequences, while dazzling the mind with zingy repartee, such as, “Well, well, well! Look what the cat dragged in!”
Mick LaSalle – San Francisco Chronicle

What a shocker: mediocre indie film-maker turned mediocre studio director-for-hire delivers mediocre comic-book movie. … Not since George Lucas spent more than six hours detailing in excruciating and inconsequential detail how Darth Vader came into existence has a popular character’s story arc seemed so irrelevant.
Alistair Harkness – The Scotsman

Watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine is like listening to an album by Mick Jagger without the Stones. It’s a not-too-bad, ho-hum affair, with the odd moment of fun, but nothing special. … If only Jackman had spent as much time on his character as he has obviously spent in the gym, this would have been a better film.
Cosmo Landesman – TimesOnline

Wolverine is shorter and less pretentious than Watchmen, but almost programmatically unmemorable, a hodge-podge of loose ends, wild inconsistencies and stale genre conventions.
A. O. Scott – The New York Times

LOL!!! Watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine is like listening to an album by Mick Jagger without the Stones.

^^See...there's hope yet. It could be wrose , man...just ask green lantern fans how they're doing these days...

I hope the film is good, will be watching this weekend hopefully!

I'm leaving to see it in about 30 minutes! Then I can finally go back and read people's blacked out or spoiler posts!

Seeing it tonight at 10. Have to be at work at 8 am. Well worth it :D

In less than a day, it went from 73% to 66%!

God, I haven't seen a film that went up and down like this in Rotten Tomatoes!

THIS FILM BETTER GET A FRESH RATING! :(

Rotten Tomatoes - 66% (103 reviews, 56% to top critics)
Metacritic - 59 out of 100 (32 reviews- only 1 negative, majority are positives but a lot of mixed)

So the last 2 Marvel comic-book film-adaptations that got a rotten rating are X-Men: Origins and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Everything from Iron Man to Iron Man 3 got a fresh rating.

And ughh its just crazy that The Wolverine is near in getting a rotten rating and all of the films released since Iron Man (except Origins and Ghost Rider 2) have a higher RT rating than The Wolverine. I think if the last part of the movie was as good as the first 90 mins of the movie, this film would at least get a 80% rating.

Just got back...

Nice movie, not awesome but not bad. Miles better than Origins

Really? For me, Viper was the weakest character along with Yukio

Its one thing to find Viper as a weak character but Yukio?

And for me, Harada was the weakest character while the second weakest character is Mariko's fiance.

It has over 100 reviews in RT, how long until it is certified fresh?

Its one thing to find Viper as a weak character but Yukio?

And for me, Harada was the weakest character while the second weakest character is Mariko's fiance.

I don't know, there was something about those performances (Viper and Yukio) that wasn't appealing to me. Viper was like a modern Poison Ivy.

But hey! It's just my opinion.

I think it had to have been above 75% after 40 reviews which I don't think it was or be above 75% in general to get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"