Arnold Schwarzenegger Returning For The Legend of Conan

I'm guessing he's keeping his shirt on for this one. Honestly though, the long wig they are going to give him is going to look ridiculous.

He's not that old nor too out of shape to have him in full cloths,At the end of the first film when they show him as an old king he has tons of fur&stuff on and so they'll likely have him on that for the majority on film!

Last edited:
He's not that old nor too out of shape to have him in full cloths,At the end of the first film when they show him as an old king he has tons of fur&stuff on and so they'll likely have him on that for the majority on film!

The first poster should resemble Ed Stark sitting on his throne

Oh lord... well, at least they'll use Basil Pouledoris' magnificent theme in this one. But I really don't want Schwarzenegger back.

I know people like to dump on last year's Conan, but Jason Momoa owned that role. He had presence... unlike Arnold. And he disappeared into the role... unlike Arnold. Everything else might have not been up to snuff, but Momoa was great.

I don't know why people are eager to get back on the Arnold gravy train, after Expendables 2 underperformed. It doesn't bode well for The Last Stand and The Tomb either. But I guess a high-profile scandal works in his favor...

"I don't like something so it confuses me when others like that thing."

"I don't like something so it confuses me when others like that thing."

Schwarzenegger is too old to be playing Conan... period. If this still happened when he was in his heyday from the early 1980s to mid-1990s... I would be fine with that. But this movie is two decades late, and seeing him in that wig and loincloth would be hilariously ridiculous.

Arnold just isn't the draw he was back two decades ago. A juicy scandal can only bring so much free publicity...

Schwarzenegger is too old to be playing Conan... period. If this still happened when he was in his heyday from the early 1980s to mid-1990s... I would be fine with that. But this movie is two decades late, and seeing him in that wig and loincloth would be hilariously ridiculous.

Arnold just isn't the draw he was back two decades ago. A juicy scandal can only bring so much free publicity...

I take it you've never read Howard's Conan stories? He wrote quite a few about Conan in his 60s, and this seems to be a take on that.In which case Arnold is perfect now in the role as the past his prime warrior.

People are eager to get back on the Arnold train because they are fans-hardcore fans,It's very simple and nothing to get&wonder why,IF your not a fan fine But don't be an ignorant *****e!!!

Expendables 2 under performed But did not tank and the two films has it's fans,We shall see how Last Stand/Tomb&Ten do with Arnold back in the solo lead!!

I actually like Niespel's Conan and even though I thought Arnold was great in his Conan films I agree Momoa is the best&most accurate Conan But I still enjoy the first film!

I'll be on there on opening night because 1-I'm a fan of the Conan books&comics/2-I feel the first film is a classic even IF not so accurate to the source material/3-The concept for this film sounds great and the biggest reason for me going I admit..4-Arnold in the role and I'm such a HUGE fan of his and never got off the Arnold train

As it's been said..There were many Conan stories of him in his 60's in the original books,Plus I doubt Arnold will have trouble picking up a sword and swinging at people&things!!,

Will he be in top shape as he was in the first two films when he was a semi-retired body builder?NO But will he be in decent enough shape for a Conan in his 60's..Likely!

Arnold will no doubt be working out&training as much as he can!

This Conan should be embracing his age. Give Arnold the same gray, seasoned look that Ray Winstone has in 'Noah' and I think Arnold will be convincing.

I don't know why people are eager to get back on the Arnold gravy train, after Expendables 2 underperformed.

That was because many people didn't like the first. I don't think we'll really know until The Last Stand.

What does Expendables 2 have to do with a solo Arnie film?

I want to be excited. I loved Momoa and, like a friend said, he'll always be the Clooney or Dalton of the Conan franchise. I think he was REH accurate and I think he was an amazing Conan overall. But the movie was garbagge, so I can't say I'm not happy they're quickly moving on from that.

I wanted Milius. The King Conan: Crown of Iron script may be the best I've ever read. I still want Milius to come out of his shack, stop f**king bears and co-write and direct this, especially since Morgan's story seems to be covering similar ground. But the guy wrote a Fast Furious movie which I'm sure will be awesome and fun, however Conan deserves more. On the other hand, the other idiots who wrote the Momoa Conan flick were huge REH fans and the script, combined with the direction, yielded... that. Also, the fact that they want it out by 2014 is alarming, it may get rushed.

Seems like Morgan isn't trying to suck up to purists by saying he's a REH fan, which is a good start. I want to jump all over the workplace after hearing this news, but I will choose to be cautiously optimistic. If Milius signs then I'll be like Cage after he'd have snorted his own clone. Until then, step by step and piece of news by piece of news. I'm very glad this is happening, though.

So many posts in here are hilariously face palmable.........

Arnold is TOO OLD to play the character.....yep, the 65 year old man is too old to play a 65 year old character. I guess that since the Hollywood norm is to get 30 year olds to play teens, that a 60 some year old character should be played by a 90 year old actor.

Arnold is TOO OUT OF SHAPE to play the character.....yep, the world's most decorated award winning poster boy for physical fitness and body building probably couldn't be bothered to actually train and work out for the role of an aging ex fighter.

Arnold will look terrible in a loincloth....yep, because the Howard stories about the 60 some year old KING Conan had him only walking around in a loincloth or bare ass naked. There is no need to wear clothes when you are older...or the KING...or in cold climate......

Arnold wearing a wig will look ridiculous....yep, because there is no way possible that Arnold may grow his hair out or actually have some makeup/wardrobe people that don't shop for wigs at the Wal-Mart Halloween aisle working on the movie.

FINALLY, a 3rd Conan with Arnold! At last, the trilogy will be complete!

My only thought upon hearing this ...................
I am still waiting for REH's Conan to appear in a live action film,........as I am still waiting for ERB's Tarzan.

Last edited:
This will all be for nothing if they don't use the right script and director.

The need to change the title. It's not a Conan movie unless it's titled "Conan, the ____."

Some ideas...

Conan the Geriatric
Conan the Senior Citizen
Conan the Medicare-Eligible
Conan the Debilitated
Conan the Centenarian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"