Arrested Development - Part 1

Wtf. Has Netflix Original content ever left the service before??

Wtf. Has Netflix Original content ever left the service before??

I don’t think so aside from the Marvel shows before they moved to Disney+.

I will miss watching the show on Netflix. Before S4 came out I had only seen a few episodes of the series, but they were hilarious!

S4 and S5 didn’t really match up in quality, but they still had some funny moments,

Still consider the show to be one of my favourite sitcoms, and one of the most quotable for me!

Just crazy that the main thing that made Netflix what it is today is leaving.
I would say House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black are more worthy of that title over Arrested Development since they were some of the first true Netflix originals to garner serious awards and viewership whereas AD was a previously established show with a cult following that they snapped up because they could. People were excited for Arrested Development's Season 4 revival leading up to it but once it dropped and was underwhelming compared to the near-perfect first run it was sort of forgotten about not long after.

I would say House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black are more worthy of that title over Arrested Development since they were some of the first true Netflix originals to garner serious awards and viewership whereas AD was a previously established show with a cult following that they snapped up because they could. People were excited for Arrested Development's Season 4 revival leading up to it but once it dropped and was underwhelming compared to the near-perfect first run it was sort of forgotten about not long after.

They all released in the same year, so I would be fine with calling them the three pillars of creating the modern streaming service.

Who will get it: Prime or Hulu?

What's really sad is that Season 4 really should have just stayed a Netflix Movie instead of being stretched into a season.

What's really sad is that Season 4 really should have just stayed a Netflix Movie instead of being stretched into a season.

Yeah season 4 is a mess. (Though it has it's moments) I don't even know which version is "better." The original episodes are too long, and they only focus on one character, so you miss the family dynamics... the remix kind of fixes that, but goes overboard with the narration. At times it feels like you're being told the story, instead of you just watching it play out.

Also I hate the ADR in season 5. Characters are having entire conversations with the back of their head facing the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"