Arrested Development - Part 1

I mean, I know the first part of the season was trash and this likely will be too, but...Gene!

BeneficialGrimyKob-small.gif

Also never realized I needed to see Old Lady Maeby bonding with Mrs. Featherbottom until now.

Yeah I couldn't get through s5 part 1. I'll probably skip this. I don't think the show will come back either.
Kinda a shame one of the best TV comedies looking like it'll go out with a wimper

It never should have come back so far apart from season 3. The writing wasn't as good and a lot of the cast looked drastically different. I wish another network had picked up a forth season all those years ago right after the cancellation by Fox.

I think they could've waited and come back, sure. But as you said the writing wasn't there.

And then also the actors couldn't be on the same schedule. This is why I said they should've just done a movie as soon as schedules were an issue.

But it's fine. I still have the first 3 seasons to enjoy

That would've been nice, tie up the story with a movie. Preferably a couple of years after the show ended. But yeah, seasons 1-3 are still amazing television.

That would've been nice, tie up the story with a movie. Preferably a couple of years after the show ended. But yeah, seasons 1-3 are still amazing television.
That's what it should have been, a movie released in 2008-2009 to wrap everything up. Season 4 was okay, never did get around to watching the recut version of that, but if this final batch of episodes is anything like S5 Part 1, it'll just be a pale imitation of what it once was.

I just hope Jessica Walter gets another great role... she has a stunning sense of timing.

I'm 5 episodes into the second half and I've barely even cracked a smile. Nobody looks like they want to be there.

Last edited:
So tired of the Rebel storyline, which wasn't any good to begin with.

I couldn’t finish s5 pt1... I won’t even try to start the second half.

This is sad.

I think the problem with season 4 and 5 is that most of the cast members aren't really playing it straight when they probably should, it seems like they're trying too hard to be funny. (And then the comedy doesn't work)

This is sad that I really dont even care to put this on. I’ll probably watch it eventually but man Netflix just shat this out and there is less than zero buzz about it. What a way for this show to go out :(

Well, I'm watching. It's indeed not great, but I am loving the "flashback" (Imagine Bluth project) scenes. The actors and dramatic music are killing me.

Last edited:
So is Portia De Rossi even in this season? I'm on episode 10 and it seems they just dropped her storyline for the season and brought Tobias's son and meth addict girlfriend to fill the void.

There seems to be a lot of ADR/dubbing in this second part. I usually don't even notice stuff like, so it's a bit annoying when it's that obvious...

I haven't finished it yet but the scenes with the lawyers (the guilty guys) were awful :csad:not funny at all and just wouldn't end...

So is Portia De Rossi even in this season? I'm on episode 10 and it seems they just dropped her storyline for the season and brought Tobias's son and meth addict girlfriend to fill the void.
She shows up at the end.

I decided to just get it over with and check out the last half. Yeesh. It was not good. Was still better than 4, but still barely got any laughs out of me. It was all mostly painful to watch. I'll never go back and watch these again.

Think I'll just pretend the show ended at season 3.

For those who’ve seen it does it at least conclusively or does it pretend that its getting another season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"