Homeland - Part 1

i liked the finale and while it was disappointing a certain someone saw their end. The way he did couldn't have been done better for his character. What I realized at the end was that Dar was right the whole time. He was doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

Last edited:
Before his death I kept yelling in my head "hold... hold.... hold... alright, almost throug- no!" R.I.P Badass 😢

Did not see expect that from the president. What a turn around.
Now the *******s of this season will be the unlikely heroes for next season to take down the mad king.

What I realized at the end was that Dar was right the whole time. He was doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

Dar was not right about anything as he made her that way & perhaps that was his goal & he never wanted her dead for a reason he wanted her paranoid & untrustworthy of people so that he can say he was right he built that up into her

Unless the writers are gonna actually have it she was always evil ? That would be a bit of a cop out as that is not what the show has been setting up for

& now Carrie & an eventually sober Max will likely end up breaking Saul & Dar out of prison so that Dar can come out a hero in all of this

This was Dar's plan all along

Last edited:
:funny: Calm down. This show isn't going to turn into Prison Break.

Dar was right so far as Elizabeth Keene was an unqualified Senator who had no business being President and is now in completely over her head.

The err in Dar's logic was opening a can of worms that he couldn't entirely control. This in turn resulted in a failed assassination attempt, carried out by a cabal of military and intelligence professionals; pretty much an attempted coup.

Combining Keene's inexperience (and in turn her inability to handle what happened with Dar/the assassination attempt) and the trauma endured by her own government attempting to take her down, we now have her responding with extreme paranoia and overreaction.

She's not a tyrant. She's not invoking martial law. There will be no prison break.

If anything, it seems like it is going to be a bureaucratic power struggle as the conversation between Carrie and the new chief of staff seemed to suggest that the NSA is now advising Keene on intelligence matters. So essentially, the result is an NSA power grab designed to discredit the CIA and give their organization more influence. And Keene, being a novice, is allowing herself to be the puppet of that.

:funny: Calm down. This show isn't going to turn into Prison Break

I am pretty sure that Carrie is not gonna let Saul sit in any prison for something that he did not do & especially for the final two seasons. Maybe Saul knows of another bad ass with Quinn like skills to replace Quinn ? They are gonna need one as much as I hate saying it. They should crossover this show with Shooter & bring in Bob lol

Last edited:
Comes back Sunday, February 11th, 2018. :)

I don't know him. Is he good?

Two episodes in and I'm struggling to get interested. :(

It’s definitely starting slow this season. I think this is probably a better binge series.

I absolutely love how the guy who trolled Carrie was credited as “Troll”. :funny:

I loved last night’s ep! Carrie’s crew is awesome.

Oleg is ageless. :funny:

I thought I was the only one watching. :p Yeah, the twists and turns don't seem to end.

Homeland - Season 8 - Nimrat Kaur and Numan Acar Returning for Final Season

Nimrat Kaur and Numan Acar are returning for the upcoming eighth and final season of Showtime' Homeland per Deadline.

For those who've forgotten since Season 4, Kaur took on the major recurring role of Tasneem Qureshi, a member of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence with Acar taking on the role of Haissam Haqqani, a Taliban leader.

The final season will be filmed in Morocco but the setting has not been revealed, Deadline notes that speculation and the returns of Kaur & Acar might suggest the final season is set in or partially set in Pakistan/Afghanistan.

When does this start back up?

I’m going to miss this show. I’m happy with the ending though... It’s kinda ridiculous but I’ll take it!

Last edited:
Same even if some of these later seasons haven't been the best. It's a shame too because I really thought the first three seasons were great, but Damien Lewis might have had a lot to do with that and I honestly really started to miss that character the more this show went on.

I enjoyed this season though and was satisfied with the series finale last night.

So...I got a Showtime discount for a couple months back on Prime Day and finally finished this show tonight after years of stalling around S3/S4, and I've gotta say, I was expecting to be more outraged by the ending based on the responses I had seen when it aired. I thought it was, at the very least, a fairly solid ending. It wasn't The Americans or Breaking Bad, but it was certainly not a Dexter or Game of Thrones-style ball drop, imo. S1 remains the best, imo, but beyond that, looking back, I personally preferred the post-Brody era. His romance with Carrie pretty much tanked the show for me. I just never bought it. And yeah, it definitely had to find itself again after he left, but it got there...for the most part. It was never a perfect show, not even in S1, and the characters frustrated the hell outta me A LOT, but it constantly managed to surprise me and continued to do so to the very end, which was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"