Revenge - Part 1

Wealth, beauty and status define the people in this town, but one woman is willing to destroy everyone for the sake of revenge. Emily Thorne (Emily Van Camp) is new to the Hamptons. She's met some of her wealthy neighbors, has made a few new friends and seemingly blends into the town. But something is a little odd about a young girl living in a wealthy town all on her own, and the truth is that Emily isn't exactly new to the neighborhood. In fact, this was once her old neighborhood, until something bad happened that ruined her family and their reputation. Now Emily is back, and she's returned to right some of those wrongs in the best way she knows how - with a vengeance.

"Revenge" stars Madeleine Stowe ("We Were Soldiers," "The Last of the Mohicans") as Victoria Grayson, Emily Van Camp ("Brothers & Sisters," "Everwood") as Emily Thorne, Gabriel Mann ("The Bourne Identity") as Nolan Ross, Henry Czerny ("Mission: Impossible," "Clear and Present Danger") as Conrad Grayson, Ashley Madekwe ("Secret Diary of a Call Girl") as Ashley Davenport, Nick Wechsler ("Roswell") as Jack Porter, Josh Bowman ("Prowl") as Daniel Grayson, Christa B. Allen ("13 Going on 30") as Charlotte Grayson and Connor Paolo ("Gossip Girl") as Declan Porter. "Revenge" is written and executive-produced by Mike Kelley ("Swingtown"), along with executive producers Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey ("Twilight"). The pilot is directed and executive-produced by Phillip Noyce ("Salt"). "Revenge" is produced by ABC Studios.

Promo:

[YT]kHIaORMG-AM[/YT]

The OC meets Dynasty! :D

Well I tried, but thread manager beat me.

It ended as I expected. [BLACKOUT]David bit the bullet for Amanda, and took out Victoria.[/BLACKOUT]

I wish it could've been a multi-parter, but I enjoyed it.

7.99 out of 10 for the finale. I give the series as a whole 8.4 out of 10.

My only gripe is
that we never saw Mason get his.

For a series finale that wasn't necessarily meant as a series finale, it was good. Felt REALLY quick after Victoria got shot, it was like we got 2 episodes in 1. Would have benefited from being a 2 parter.

I was never able to get behind Emily/Jack ending up together so it was bittersweet to see it actually happen. I would've much rather it ended on Emily/Nolan doing revenging together, but I loved Ems setting up Nolan as the master Revenger.

A little happier than I expected/hoped it would end, but not bad.

I need 100% confirmation that Charlotte giving Emily Victoria's heart was just a dream, though, because Good Gawd.

I feel like that dream could have been the actual ending if this had been a season finale. It was a bit jarring though. I thought they were going to set up Charlotte as wanting revenge against Amanda. Glad they didn't go there. I liked the idea of Nolan helping someone new getting revenge. As for Amanda and Jack getting married, it was a bit rushed but good. I had been waiting 4 years for that to happen.

I thought Emily would die in the finale so was surprised when it jumped ahead to her visiting her father's grave. I thought that whole sequence after might've been a dream or her imagining a happy ending for herself but she was actually dying. When I saw her on the hospital bed, I thought maybe this was the actual reality and she was about to die.

They could've ended though with Charlotte giving the revelation that it was Victoria's heart and left it on a chilling note instead of having Emily wake up. That might've been a more fitting ending to the series.

According to Madeline Stowe, that hospital scene was the actual ending in the original draft. Glad they changed it.

It should've been a two-parter. There should've been tying up of loose ends with Mason Treadwell as well, and just a little more time to breathe at the end where it seemed rushed showing David's death, Emily and Charlotte reconciling, and Emily's wedding. But why would Charlotte come to Emily's bedside and allow Victoria's heart to be used, if that is what happened at all? Or if not, then I imagine that Emily and Charlotte reconciled at a different time and under different circumstances?

BTW, imagine if Madeleine Stowe turned up as a character in Civil War to haunt Sharon Carter there. :p

Nice finale. The show had a pretty good run.

They cleverly played that scene with Amanda getting Vicky's ticker...you could take it either way, dream or reality.

I like to think it's true.

It plays towards the idea that nobody wins in revenge.

Revenge was an entertaining series but I'm glad to have the ten o'clock hour back!

Nolan's going to be on Mysteries of Laura. Jack just got cast on The Player. Wonder how long we wait before we hear that Emily Van Camp will be popping up on AOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"