Artemis Fowl film

Oh I didn't actually think this was going to happen

Excited about this. Hope it's good.

The cast looks good to me.

Well, I was not expecting to hear Radiohead in an Artemis Fowl trailer. Well played, Disney.

Awesome Teaser not better as the Lion King , but still Great another Potential Boxoffice Hit for Disney

Looks like an intriguing mix of fantasy and sci-fi although the teaser was a bit vague. I'm actually familiar with the book series but I always forget what it's about for some reason :shrug:.

Looks like an mix of Spy Kids and Wrinkle in Time, not interested in the movie, but one of my family members might drag me to see it anyways. The voiceover in the trailer sounded scratchy as well, like the cast member was sick during the recording or Disney rushed the audio production for the trailer.

I forgot they were even doing this thing.

This movie isn't going to straight to Disney Play only because of Branagh.

Gigantic has been cancelled while Noelle, Lady & The Tramp are all going to streaming because Disney has given up trying to make these movies work in wide theatrical release.

I forgot this was happening. Looks kind of interesting. I remember liking the first book - I think that was the only one I read, though.

The trailer was interesting at least I thought. For some reason I thought Artemis Fowl was about a lawyer. :huh:

Feels like another Disney misfire.
Also feels like just plain Disney content for their streaming service.

Artemis Fowl is literally an entire series on how humanity is a wretched species that needs to die off in order to save the planet. I’m surprised Disney would tackle a source material that deals with complex issues like that.

Looks like an mix of Spy Kids and Wrinkle in Time, not interested in the movie, but one of my family members might drag me to see it anyways. The voiceover in the trailer sounded scratchy as well, like the cast member was sick during the recording or Disney rushed the audio production for the trailer.

this is EXACTLY what came into my mind, when seeing it the first time

The character doing the voice over is most likely Commander of the LEPrecon Julius Root. He's an old fairy and he chain smokes fungus cigars. Hence the voice.

LEPrecon stands for Lower Elements Police Recon. They are the fairies in the emerald green body armor surrounding the other fairy.

The character doing the voice over is most likely Commander of the LEPrecon Julius Root. He's an old fairy and he chain smokes fungus cigars. Hence the voice.
But Judy Dench is playing Root. We SAW her in the trailer briefly. That's not her talking.

Damnit. Root in the books has that old school grizzled noir police chief vibe about him. Judy Dench is the total opposite of that.

I suspect this will end up like Wrinkle in Time, John Carter, Tomorrowland, Sorcerer's Apprentice...just one more poorly realized poorly adapted failed start. Branagh is the only bright spot, but I dont think even he can guarantee this will be a success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"