Justice League As beautiful as Dangerous... Amber Heard is Mera, Queen of Atlantis!

DFIw52RXYAAEdDz.jpg

Her own Barbie Doll :ilv: Definitely buying one!

I wonder if Mera will interact with any of the Leaguers well besides Aquaman

So, she's married to Arthur in the movie?

Well that's what the word "wife" indicates Gee. Come on now.

I think that the Aquaman movie is going to be set, at least partly, before the events in JL. Similar to Wonder Woman.

Yeah, seems like they will be going back and forth in time.

Given the comic track record, my guess is they are married but estranged. They probably have radically different ideas about what the Atlantean monarchy should be doing. Maybe even a less horrible version of the Robert/Cersei relationship, with Arthur eventually going "If you love rulership so much, go ahead, rule. I'm going to swim off to drink beer and help fishermen."

I don't reckon. I reckon they'll be married and then the Aquaman movie will have flashbacks to how they met.

Maybe the solo movie will be like "everybody loves Raymond" but underwater lol

Something I'm interested in seeing is Mera's interaction with not just Arthur, but the king of Xebel, Nereus.

King-Nereus.jpg

Dolph Lundgren's playing him, and seeing as his background is that he tried to send Mera to assasinate Arthur and take her as a wife of his own, I can't imagine he'll take it well that they've hooked up.
Interestingly enough, James Wan said he's not in fact a villain. But let's hope Mera decks him one anyway, because NOBODY gets between Arthur and his queen.

It's rare a live action representation is more beautiful than the animated. I've never been a huge fan of Amber but she is looking fantastic as Mera.

Is her hair redder in the Aquaman movie? So far it looks more blonde/strawberry that full redhead in JL.

So pretty :ilv: can't wait to see my girl wreck things!

I think it's funny Zack had Mera and most of the Atlantean soldiers do a British accent. Made me do a doubletake at first cause I didn't remember it in the Aquaman solo movie

Im kind of not surprised since thats a very popular route to go and further differentiates Arthur from everyone.

I thought it was pretty crazy how she started taking the water out of steppenwolf and then you can see blood start to come out as well.

Loved that. She should've joined the League along with Aquaman.

I had to do a double take when she first spoke too, I definitely didn't remember that accent. :hehe: Amber is so good in this role though, really can't wait to (hopefully hopefully) see a lot more of her in Aquaman 2. Although I'm glad they got rid of the accent lol

I think it's funny Zack had Mera and most of the Atlantean soldiers do a British accent. Made me do a doubletake at first cause I didn't remember it in the Aquaman solo movie

That accent of hers sure was... something.

Did she talk like that in the Whedon version too? I don’t remember her having an accent (or trying to) there.

79246dd797000b968d0a7eb541e033afe0031f37.gifv
cc5d49b87617cd421eebe78c98607cf33ebfc5d2.gifv

Still a highlight of the film for me. Shame that no matter JL or Knightmare, that she and Diana wouldnt interact with one another and both had to be the singular female of their teams. Both meeting the same fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"