Ask Your Nerd Trivia Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was another Klingon commander that Kirk had a run in with who also appeared in Deep Space Nine.

Who was he?

Koloth from TROUBLE WITH TRIBBLES.

And Kang from DAY OF THE DOVE

He was that guy from that awesome DS9 time travel episode? Neat.

The episode where all of them show up on DS9 is a fave of mine. The actor who played Koloth, William Campbell, was actually Rodenberry's first choice to play the veteran Capt. of the Enterprise D when TNG was in the planning stages.

I aint nothin' special Mr. R. :)

But think about that... TNG with no Stewart? The mind boggles!!

In the movie GHOSTBUSTERS, what actor was the part of Peter Venkman originally written for?

Also, how big is the theoretical Twinkie Egon uses to describe the amount of Psychokinetic energy in the New York area?

I aint nothin' special Mr. R. :)

But think about that... TNG with no Stewart? The mind boggles!!

In the movie GHOSTBUSTERS, what actor was the part of Peter Venkman originally written for?

Also, how big is the theoretical Twinkie Egon uses to describe the amount of Psychokinetic energy in the New York area?

I'm glad we got old baldy! :cwink:

From the depths I summon thee Trivia thread!!! Go forth and... test poster's knowledge of the films/TV shows/genres/comic books that we all love.

True or False: Peter Parker was molested as a tween before he gained his powers?

What is the connection between the actor that played Klytus in the 1980's FLASH GORDON film and the Claremont run in UNCANNY X-MEN?

James Hong's character in BLADE RUNNER is an engineer of what body part of the Nexus 6 Replicants?

From the depths I summon thee Trivia thread!!! Go forth and... test poster's knowledge of the films/TV shows/genres/comic books that we all love.

True or False: Peter Parker was molested as a tween before he gained his powers?

What is the connection between the actor that played Klytus in the 1980's FLASH GORDON film and the Claremont run in UNCANNY X-MEN?

James Hong's character in BLADE RUNNER is an engineer of what body part of the Nexus 6 Replicants?
1. False

2. Peter Wyngarde, the actor, was the basis for the look of Mastermind (Jason Wyngarde) during the Phoenix Saga; which was written by Claremont.

3. Eyes.

1. False

2. Peter Wyngarde, the actor, was the basis for the look of Mastermind (Jason Wyngarde) during the Phoenix Saga; which was written by Claremont.

3. Eyes.

In what may or may not also be "inspiration" on Claremont's part, he got the look of P. Wyngarde from the episodes he had done on a British TV show about a freaked out orgy club (The Hellfire Club?). The name of the show? Why THE AVENGERS of course. :woot:

About question one... I think this was something that happened, just not something MARVEL likes to talk about in the 21st Century. Can we get an outside judgment on this? Was this retconned or something?

In what may or may not also be "inspiration" on Claremont's part, he got the look of P. Wyngarde from the episodes he had done on a British TV show about a freaked out orgy club (The Hellfire Club?). The name of the show? Why THE AVENGERS of course. :woot:

About question one... I think this was something that happened, just not something MARVEL likes to talk about in the 21st Century. Can we get an outside judgment on this? Was this retconned or something?
I never knew anything about that, so I just guessed no.

I never knew anything about that, so I just guessed no.

Yeah, I just checked out some stuff via the Google machine. Seems that the events of the special Spidey/Power Pack issue from 1984 were in fact referenced in a later issue of Spidey's in 1987.

1. In the Post-Crisis Captain Atom, Nate Adams' wife remarries after Nate is presumed dead during the test which gives him his powers. Who did she end up marrying?

2. What was the year that Buck Rogers launches into space in the 20th Century from the BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25th CENTURY tv show?

Who provided the theme for the legendary Flash Gordon film?

Not a lot of Captain Atom or Buck Rogers tv show fans here, huh?

I can't remember his name but it was the general who framed him.

1. In the Post-Crisis Captain Atom, Nate Adams' wife remarries after Nate is presumed dead during the test which gives him his powers. Who did she end up marrying?

2. What was the year that Buck Rogers launches into space in the 20th Century from the BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25th CENTURY tv show?

No idea on number 1, but for number two I have the year 1985 bouncing around in my head...
I will Google it after I post! :woot:

EDIT
Dammit! I was close...

I can't remember his name but it was the general who framed him.

You are correct about the character, KevG. I won't reveal the name yet in case somebody else can come up with it, but give yourself a Scooby Snack.

@Retrogradeorbit: Yeah, you were close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"