Hype News Special: Who Moderates the Moderators?

Mee

2 E's are better than 1
Reaction score
Hype News does, of course! Yes ladies and gentleman, noobies and veterans, JALs and Morgs, Hype News is back. (with a brand new rap, once again with the ill behavior, and other assorted cliche return lines) For those who are new, and wondering what the heck this is, here's a free trip down memory lane...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=261401

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=297455

Golly, searching for really old stuff is super easy with the Hype's amazingly fast servers you guys! :awesome:

Now that that's out of the way and everybody has done got on my level, we can carry on with the point. Our beloved Hype is blessed with 1 new and 1 semi-new mod in the ranks. We here at Hype News still feel the duty to get you the people the inside scoop on those who will be making decisions that affect your very E-lives. So, I sent out some soul piercing questions, and here's how it went...

Mee: 1. Oh to have a red lettered username and semi- cosmic power. What's it really like to be a mod? Are you putting it on all your future work resumes?

The Original Bamfer: It's, well, it's awesome. The pay is great, the benefits are unbelievable and the chicks dig it. Not. It can be a lot of work and it can be very frustrating. On the semi-plus side, it's a chance to make my e-home a little better for all of us - and that's pretty much why I returned. Well, also because I don't have a life at the moment. But it's nowhere near as glamorous as folks think. And, yes, it will be on every resume. There's nothing employers in the real world look for more than a person who's had experience moderating an internet forum. Eh.

Yeah, look for me in the New York Times any day now. :awesome:

ComicChick: it still hasn't really hit me yet. i see my letters in red (while pretending they are pink :p) and i haven't really done anything different. im going to act the same and try my best to stay pretty even keeled and happy go lucky. we'll see how long that lasts.i think its a bit too soon to put it on my work resume, but i've built up a pretty nice Hype resume

Survivor winner
Cite 2 Skin winner
and now moderator

Let me know when you've been Poster of the Year, and Funniest Poster, and basically...me. :cool:

2. What's really in the mod forums? (besides the obvious, a NSFW hottie thread for Hunter and Morg)

A whole photo album dedicated to former-mod, DBella, poetry by DOG LIPS, a 'problem user' thread about Mee, a hot tub (that's not so hot,) a swingset and a Dippin' Dots stand.

a bunch of photos of me :ninja:

3. If you could pick one fellow mod to be married to, who would you choose and why? Gay marriage is allowed. SUCK IT REPUBLICANS

Probably ComicChick. She's southern, which means she can cook (even if it's just in the microwave.) And I just melt when she says, "y'all"! However, her lack of punctuation and capitalization may lead to adultery.

maybe Bamfer, but he's betrothed to Star. of the mods i probably talk to him the most outside the hype, although i talk to LS, Matt and Drak on occassion as well. which mod has the biggest bank account?

Oh, picking each other. About as surprising as the ending of The Passion of the Christ.

4. What can you possibly do to surpass the greatest Hype mod of all time, Morg?

Apparently, blaming Morg "is so 2006," and I've been told I'm going to be the new blame-all, now. So, I guess I'm already on my way!

Blaming Morg is like breathing, it's never out of style. :o

if i can get 500 different hype members to participate in the 15 minutes i'm running, then i think that would be a huge success since there are 30,000+ hypesters. speaking of, since i am doing your interview, you should do the 15 minutes

Now I guess I have to. :cmad:

JUST FOR TOB-

Why the break from moderating? Why the return? Was the lack of Hype in your life making you feel...empty? Cause that's sad.

Well, in all seriousness, this past year has been a very rough one... I've gone through a lot of "real life" **** that, well, I wish I hadn't. Dealing took up a lot of time, and, as frustrating as moderating can be, I would have much rather been doing that. I returned because, well, there's a few reasons. One being I was asked. Initially, I declined. After thinking about it, though, I realized I don't have anything else to do with my time at the moment and wouldn't mind taking another stab at trying to improve my home away from, er, reality. Plus, I totally love banning ****ers.

JUST FOR CC-

What's it like being a "chick" mod? It's generally a boys club.

before the petunia jokes arise, there are some here who can verify i am female (and southern lol) so rest assured there. the hype has a very high male to female ratio, so it's definitely a male-centered hype. it always feels like there's a stigma attached to being a female on the hype, but the females on the mod list are truly great women of the hype in some way shape or form. to be included in their ranks is something to be proud of. if i can handle posting on a male-dominated site i think i can manage moderating a little bit too. and besides, if someone messes with me, i got a new gang that has my back. it's always nice to have a support system.

Girl power everybody.

Well that's all from our new mods, time will tell what their final legacy will be. Mostly because if you stay tuned, I have a little bit of scandal to shed some light on. Everybody loves a good scandal, right Bill?

clinton.jpg

"Right, Sugar-Lips."

Uh, anyway...stay tuned for the Earth-shattering scandal! This has been Mee, for Hype News.

More news as it comes...
So sit tight chums...

Scandal?! :wow:

EDIT: Also, yay! Hype! News is like cake for my e-soul. :heart:

Next at 11!

Ghostrider 87: A Closer Look

And Tomorrow at 3!

Only The Lonely: An Indepth Exclusive on GoldenAgeHero

And then at 7, a preview of the brand new Series... "Red In Bed" The secret lives of mods

Back to you, Mee

Mee! Where's your coverage of the Superbowl party? :cmad:

It's what's "in" now :up:

We have new mods?:wow::huh:

And now the moment you've been waiting for everyone.

As a reporter, it's my job to see things that others don't. To bring out the darkest secrets of the Hype. This stunning comment about our new mods, made by Hype legend Erzengel, was practically ignored...

I slept with both of them. :up:

So of course I had to go to the source himself. I went all the way down to Hype Chinatown for a 1 on 1 with Erz...

1. You claim to have slept with not one, but both of the new moderators. This brings up some interesting questions. How bout some rapid fire?

a- Was it a threesome?
Yes, TOB, CC and I are brought together by our desires to dress up as animals, what you norms call furries.

Here is an artist rendition of our rendezvous.

Spoiler tagged for our more conservative viewers

threesome.jpg

b. Does TOB have bigger boobs than CC?
My boobs eclipses both of them.

"Eclipse," would be proper boob grammar I believe.

c- At any point did someone say, "oh yeah, ban me!"
It's tough to make out what anyone says through the mouth gear. They could be saying oh yeah ban me, but it could also be house on fire, put it out.

Sooo the house burned down too?

2. Will your "relationship" continue now that they are in positions of power and respect amongst our community?
If anything, it's probably what allowed them to become moderators. I mean folks like people and animals.

3. Would you classify yourself as a "man-****e," or a "playa?"
I prefer the term strumpet.

4. What do you think of them as mods? Being that you are a Hype veteran, and former Poster of the Year.
I think they are going to do a 501st on the Washroom and use the rule of 2 to command SHH and change SHH to the first Galactic SuperHeroHype Messageboard.

Careful, your nerd is showing.

There you have it, judge for yourselves! This has once again been Mee, for Hype News.

i think alex wants mee's job lol

LOL! That scandal article was hilarious :woot:

haha, well. Mee only has two employees. Erz is the Head Honcho and Mee is the Anchor. Fran used to be PR and BRUTAL used to be Web Designer....

It's simple

Mister J is Sports (reports on the fantasy Leagues)

Cmill216 Is Spider-Man Forums reporter (crazy **** going down there :up:)

Matt is the Survivor Reporter :awesome:

And Mee does everything else. make it Happen Meeford :awesome:

I was expecting a telecast. :csad:

I was expecting a telecast. :csad:
Hype News, The Dog Lips Radio Show and The Hype Cast should all merge into one great company....The Hype! News Radio Show!....(DL needs to do that again! :cmad:)

haha, well. Mee only has two employees. Erz is the Head Honcho and Mee is the Anchor. Fran used to be PR and BRUTAL used to be Web Designer....

It's simple

Mister J is Sports (reports on the fantasy Leagues)

Cmill216 Is Spider-Man Forums reporter (crazy **** going down there :up:)

Matt is the Survivor Reporter :awesome:

And Mee does everything else. make it Happen Meeford :awesome:

Firstly, Erz's "position" was self-appointed. He's more of an idea man, a consultant.

Secondly, Hype News stays a one man show. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"