Comics Asm#552

That's right.:o He got it back from the dead body of the mugger, correct? He was low on web fluid in the Menace arc only because of money problems not because of the missing web shooter.:o Doh! forgot about that.

Well, I think the missing webshooter contributed, since the spider-mugger wasted a bad place of a lot of webbing.

Uhhh... you make it sound like Joe was some nice guy who didn't have this desire to reboot spidey comics, and decided to take the heat for some suits.

He has personally talked about it for years, how much he hated the marriage and thought it was a mistake, how he "couldn't sleep well at night thinking about the marriage", and a whole barrage of personal quotes of how he hated the marriage, etc.

KNowing business, while the "suits" do have some major pull...an upper manager also has sway over the suits on how he or she portrays things to them also and can often sway THEIR opinions of how things are going within the company. Joe had a LOT to do with this, don't be foooled on THAT.

Aloha,
Yes he did have a great deal to do with it but as you know, the Suits above him had to greenlight it and when it would happen.My point is, from here on let's get off the JoeQ kick and realize that Wacker and Breevort are the people directly in charge of Spidey,TODAY.Despite the JoeQ haters,Marvel publishing posted one of their most sucessful years,ever,so Joe is here.OMD is done several months ago and BND is the reality of Spider-Man for the foreseeable future. Let's focus on the present and future if you choose to read Amazing anymore.
Spidey rules
spidey_no1_dance.gif

Might just get round to reading this tmr, I'm in no rush.:cwink:

Thoughts- While not a fan of Jiminez's Spidey costume, the rest of his work was solid. There was an inconsistency or two, such as PP looking like a puny 16 yr old in the laundry scene before returning to his web threads, this time with his superhero physique reinstated. Stuff like that irks me. The page wherein Freak vomits before initiating his chrysalis stage was eye popping.

The creative teams seem to be building up an interesting new roster of villains. #552 was a decent read and left a better taste in the mouth than the end of #551 which felt flat and unresolved to me. PP asking Mrs Meadows for help with the cleaning of skid marks in his smalls was funny.

Aloha,
Yes he did have a great deal to do with it but as you know, the Suits above him had to greenlight it and when it would happen.My point is, from here on let's get off the JoeQ kick and realize that Wacker and Breevort are the people directly in charge of Spidey,TODAY.Despite the JoeQ haters,Marvel publishing posted one of their most sucessful years,ever,so Joe is here.OMD is done several months ago and BND is the reality of Spider-Man for the foreseeable future. Let's focus on the present and future if you choose to read Amazing anymore.
Spidey rules
spidey_no1_dance.gif

Joe's still the final word, that hasn't changed. Personally I really like Wacker and think he'll be great on the ASM books (I feel they should be plural now), but end of the day Steve still reports to Joe and Joe will still instigate any changes he feels the need to make. No current boycotter is going to forgive the Q for OMD or any of the other fun editorial mandates he made for the sake of current sales over story quality.

I do totally agree that this isn't changing in the near future. Marvel's sales are at a massive high point. It reminds me of the early 90's boom with the variant cover crazes and the remodeling of characters to make them more attractive to "today's" youth. Though we all know how that turned out. The Q was actually brought in to correct that, and he did, but I think he's repeating the exact same mistakes that he was originally brought in to fix.

Joe's still the final word

Sorry, I have to tell you that's not true. I actually do business with Marvel, (I actually just did some presentations for them,) and it's been on the agenda years before JQ. That's a fact, and not an 'EIC,' fact, but a lot of writers have turned down ASM over the years as they didn't want to write a married Spider-Man

Dems da breaks!

Sorry, I have to tell you that's not true. I actually do business with Marvel, (I actually just did some presentations for them,) and it's been on the agenda years before JQ. That's a fact, and not an 'EIC,' fact, but a lot of writers have turned down ASM over the years as they didn't want to write a married Spider-Man

Dems da breaks!

Roger Stern being one such writer.

Dems da breaks!

I'm sure every concept on earth has been on the "agenda" for a comic company. To actually push something through is different than to have an abstract concept considered and discussed. But that's neither here nor there, my statement about the Q being the last word in what happens with the bug isn't refuted by commenting that the concept has been on the agenda for years. If the Q really wants something to happen in Marvel it happens, look at smoking.

Whether writers turn down a character or not is really beside the point though. It's @ucking spider-man, marvel's flagship. Most everyone would give their left nut for a chance, and while I'm sure there are some that refused to write with a married spider-man I'm sure there's more that wouldn't go near a SOS spider-man with a ten foot pole.

Most everyone would give their left nut for a chance, and while I'm sure there are some that refused to write with a married spider-man I'm sure there's more that wouldn't go near a SOS spider-man with a ten foot pole.

Given the number of people working on ASM right now, I'd say you're wrong.

Given the number of people working on ASM right now, I'd say you're wrong.

Didn't I preface that with "Most everyone would give their left nut for a chance" to write ASM? I was only refering to the fact that since there were some writers that wouldn't write ASM because of a married pete, I'm sure there are just as much if not more that wouldn't touch ASM because of the horrific deal with the devil.

Marv Wolfman being another... and even though it's my opinion that Wolfman has lost a bit of his early creative edge at this time in his career, in MY opinion, he wrote the second best run on Amazing Spider-Man ever, with Roger Stern coming in at a close third (Stan Da Man being first 'natch)

:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"