The Amazing Spider-Man ASM: Your favorite moments and scenes (spoiler heavy)

I loved everything Spider-Man-y about this film! Even before it came out I would watch the Raimi's (which I love with all my heart) and still say to myself, "this just does not feel like Spidey." I don't know, it just seemed like he was a generic superhero who used webs. I think it was a combination of Tobey's thicker body and the way he fought. I just loved the approach that Marc and Andrew brought to the character. The way Pete goes into sensory overload was the first time it hit me. He was so much more spider-like. Some examples that I really liked:
-The sewer webs: Him just making the web was only half of it for me. Andrew really sold it with his careful movements like he was digesting his surroundings.
-The Lizard cocoon. Honestly the coolest and spidey-est thing I've seen in all four movies
-The web yank: He does this to escape the Lizard twice and thought it was really cool. He also combines it with a dodge to cannonball kick the Lizard. Just awesome
-ALL movements: From the way he dodges and jumps from location to location to the way he wall crawls-it just looked like it came straight from a comic
Finally, Andrew nailed the non fighting aspects of Spidey
-"That sucked"
-Throwing a shoe at the Lizard after his big speech
-Everything carjacker
-Webbing your crush in the butt to pull her into your arms. BEST WAY TO REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY AWARD!!:woot::cwink:

My favourite scenes were the most emotional ones. I think I love the last ones the most, when Gwen is at Peter's door and telling him about everyone coming to her father's funeral but he, not being able to hold her tears back. That scene really striked me (and almost everyone at the cinema. I heard "naaaw :(" several times!)

My favorite scenes are also the most emotional ones, and the one you mention with Gwen at the door was definitely among the most emotional and best. I love when she walks away heartbroken, stops, then turns around with the realization that her Dad made Peter promise before he died. Gets me every time. Glad no morons ruined it for me in my screenings!

I'm not saying it isn't possible but it didn't seem like they became friends. They had an issue and Flash tried to make up for it. They might just be acquaintances in the sequel.

I suppose they can go either way (friends or just being respectful acquaintances) but my guess is they'll at least be friendly if not full on friends, like in the 90's cartoon. Reminds me that another scene I really loved in the film is when Peter is mourning the loss of Uncle Ben and returns to school, and everyone is staring at him, and Flash approaches him to offer condolences. Don't know why, but I get a lump in my throat every time I see that scene as well.

A lot, one of them is when Flash talks to Peter after the death of Ben giving his condolences

A lot, one of them is when Flash talks to Peter after the death of Ben giving his condolences

i want they keep Flash for the sequels and have a scene where he meets spiderman or something like that

Crane scene
Uncle Ben 'she's the girl from your computer', I kind of identified with the embarrassment of both the situation and also when he asks Gwen out the feeling after it. Was cool.
the i'm gonna throw you out of the window scene
stan lee's cameo
this is more a moment, but its Peter weakened and seeing the people of NY running in terror yet keeping going. Also with the moment parts was where he stands up to Flash to stop him bullying some kid even though they never said 'with great power comes responsibilty' that scene said Peter had grown up with it.
the end scene

i want they keep Flash for the sequels and have a scene where he meets spiderman or something like that

What if like in the Animated Series he dresses up like him but gets in way over his head?

- Loved pretty much all the Spider-Man scenes, Andrew just did a great job.
- Peter's sensory overload and discovering all of his new powers.
- Spidey gaining new determination as the cranes align.
- Some of the emotional scenes. Uncle Ben's death with Flash approaching Peter and saying he's sorry, that entire sequence had me fighting back my tears.
- Peter bringing eggs home.

Really, I love the entire Movie, but those things stand out the most.

What about the scene where he is going to test out his webshooters and he falls from the skyscraper after balancing on it?

1567557-agile.jpg

6a00d8341c730253ef0167683f13c8970b-800wi

the-amazing-spider-man-pose.jpg

What about the scene where he is going to test out his webshooters and he falls from the skyscraper after balancing on it?

I liked that scene too.

What if like in the Animated Series he dresses up like him but gets in way over his head?

They did it in USM also (i thikn it was based on what they did in the animated series actually) and Flash literally gets beaten to a pulp as they mistake him for being the real one and reveal his identity on the news then Spidey has to come save him.

The best scene for me was definitely the car thief scene, was so funny.

Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk. No, I'm serious, that is one of my favorite moments, because thinking about it makes me laugh with glee every time. I legitimately enjoy the fact that they used Peter's lust of chocolate milk as the catalyst for his death.
I get that you're joking, but Uncle Ben didn't literally die over chocolate milk or even Peter wanting chocolate milk.

You make it sound to be so trivial as the reason a major character got offed. Uncle Ben was on the streets looking for Peter and subjected himself to the danger because he went too hard on Peter for not picking up Aunt May.

He literally died because he was being heroic and trying to help stop a theif w/ a gun.

It would be like saying in Raimi's film Uncle Ben died because of Peter's lust for a total s l u t (and in all three films, she was very much that) ... someone who cared little about Peter, was a selfish and vile woman.

Uncle Ben died because Peter just wanted to start saving money for a car, and his uncle ended up dying for $100 bucks.

The point of both scenes stand either way essential to the origin story that the protagonist would feel a sense of guilt for loosely aiding in the events that transpired.

But I can tell your agenda given you don't like ASM.

Oh, and do us all a favor and change your hideous avatar.

:oldrazz:

- cocoa
- "I love science."
- Gwen's last smile

Mouse-Lizard, I wanted to see that in the animated series to be honest, it was a good inclusion

ANother scene I loved was the Eggs scene

I loved the stuff between Peter and Gwen alot. Their relationship and dialog was really well done and humorous. Although I think one of my favorite bits was Peter sneaking into Oscorp and the way the film opens with Peter's parents. The high school fight was pretty sweet too, Stan Lee makes everything cool. :D

Spidey doing what he did in AM15, webbing a thug and putting him down from the roof for the cops to collect

- Peter catching the fly in front of Aunt May (and also his outh watering....nice touch)
His mouth was watering at the fly? OMG, I didn't notice that. Hilarious! I thought he was going to eat the fly, but I didn't notice his mouth watering. Mmm... flying insect... tasty... :oldrazz:

I liked the way Peter knocked on Gwen's window with his head after getting partially shredded by The Lizard. It was so much like he was going *headdesk*

Oh and:
"What the hell happened to you?"
"You should see the other guy... the other guy in this case being a giant mutant lizard."

During the pause I was kind of expecting him to go on to say the other guy's a giant lizard, but that just made it more amusing that he said almost exactly what I was thinking. :woot:

I loved the part where Captain Stacy asks Gwen if she wants cocao (Loved seeing the softer side of Captain Stacy, they had such a natural father/daughter rapport in this scene), and she tells him she's on her period (actually, cocao helps with cramps - the more you know...). Captain Stacy remembering that Gwen said just last week that she wanted to live in a chocolate house was so insanely adorable. Also adorable was Peter overhearing this and giving Gwen some gentle ribbing.

* loved the honest heartbreak when Gwen comes to Peter to confront him for disappearing and not attending Capt Stacy's funeral, and when she realizes that he made Peter promise to stay away
* loved the final beat when Peter refers to broken promises, and that unbelievable knowing smile from Gwen
Oh yes, I love these parts, too. I was expecting her to not get it and just be pissed at him (as is so often done in movies), and I was going to be pissed because she's supposed to be smart, and lo-and-behold she really is smart and she is an it-getter. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"