The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

That said, leaving aside the human rights issue that are of concern to us normies but probably not of concern to the types of people in power, it is sensible in all respects for the US to seek peace or rather stability in the middle east. There are growing tensions and hostilities with both Russia and China, so having another flank against Iran in West Asia is bad policy if only from a purely strategic perspective.

It costs the US both financial and diplomatic capital, and Israel has probably used up a lot of weapons that Washington would have rather sent to Ukraine and maybe other places too. When Iran attacked US/Israeli air defense a few weeks ago, lots of people across the planet jotted down intelligence of how those air defense systems work.

I detest Donald Trump as much as anyone but hearing Clinton talk reminds me of why I hated her in 2016. She also recently said that people unsatisfied with the Biden/Trump rematch need to grow up.

I think she’s still bitter as Hell over losing in 2016 and blames the voters for not electing her, instead of her own lousy campaign.

Not to get too off-topic, but I'm pretty sure Hilary loves the fact that she lost in 2016. She loves knowing that she's going to be remembered as the Woman who Lost to Trump, and not for the bombing of Libya, the impoverishing of Haiti, and the subsequent right-wing government. Or for the slaves she owned when Bill was Governor of Arkansas, or the campaigning and spreading racist talking points for her husband's crime/prison bill. All of that gets to disappear. I'm sure she thanks Trump every night before she goes to sleep.

Not to get too off-topic, but I'm pretty sure Hilary loves the fact that she lost in 2016. She loves knowing that she's going to be remembered as the Woman who Lost to Trump, and not for the bombing of Libya, the impoverishing of Haiti, and the subsequent right-wing government. Or for the slaves she owned when Bill was Governor of Arkansas, or the campaigning and spreading racist talking points for her husband's crime/prison bill. All of that gets to disappear. I'm sure she thanks Trump every night before she goes to sleep.
Slaves?

One of the best tweets I've read.
Caitlin Johnstone explains why the crackdowns on the student protests are so extreme.

With quotes from major executives, Senators, and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, she shows it's about controlling the narrative. They can't have people think in Anti-War terms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"