Astonishing True Tales of the Most Bad-Ass Men to ever walk the Earth

^ now thats a guy who deserved a medal. I jumped in a creek once to help a pair of kids, but that creek was a puddle compared to Niagra river

These guys deserve a Sean Connery "You're the man now dawg"

20266102.jpg

No? :csad:

In any case, with a brief view of your posting history, I don't buy for a second that you're a committed Christian, seeing as how a post search shows that's only the second time you've ever even posted the word "Jesus" on this forum. So you're really just here to **** up the thread.

Admittedly, Jesus was a pretty hardcore badass:

Passion_Unloaded.jpg

Sorry about making stupid jokes, but the manliness present in this thread makes me very insecure. :o

my great grandfather got a medal himself.

true story: he was trapped under enemy fire coming from a trench, and he waited the right time to run over to the trench and try to kill them (there were four or five, if I remember correctly) with his bayonet. he jumped them, but alas, in the confusion, he lost his bayonet. he took a couple of shots before he removed his helmet and bashed their heads with it until they were dead.

Roy Benavidez: GOD OF WAR

Jesus, this guy is my new hero. I can't imagine enduring that kind of pain and agony to take charge and save some soldiers. I'm astounded.

The tales contained in this thread is not about who killed the most. It's about how those brave soldiers went against the odds and gave their all, including their lives, in the face of incredible adversity in battle. THAT'S what made them bad asses, not the number of kills under their belts.

Exactly. Well put DM.

Now back to the hydrant.

LUCAS, JACKLYN HAROLD

Rank and organization: Private First Class, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, 1st Battalion, 26th Marines, 5th Marine Division. Place and date: Iwo Jima, Volcano Islands, 20 February 1945. Entered service at: Norfolk, Va. Born: 14 February 1928, Plymouth, N.C. Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving with the 1st Battalion, 26th Marines, 5th Marine Division, during action against enemy Japanese forces on Iwo Jima, Volcano Islands, 20 February 1945. While creeping through a treacherous, twisting ravine which ran in close proximity to a fluid and uncertain frontline on D-plus-1 day, Pfc. Lucas and 3 other men were suddenly ambushed by a hostile patrol which savagely attacked with rifle fire and grenades. Quick to act when the lives of the small group were endangered by 2 grenades which landed directly in front of them, Pfc. Lucas unhesitatingly hurled himself over his comrades upon 1 grenade and pulled the other under him, absorbing the whole blasting forces of the explosions in his own body in order to shield his companions from the concussion and murderous flying fragments. By his inspiring action and valiant spirit of self-sacrifice, he not only protected his comrades from certain injury or possible death but also enabled them to rout the Japanese patrol and continue the advance. His exceptionally courageous initiative and loyalty reflect the highest credit upon Pfc. Lucas and the U.S. Naval Service.

Jacklyn Lucas was one of the youngest Medal of Honor recipients in history, being only days past his 17th birthday. He had lied about his age to join the Marines, but was stuck stateside. He decided to go AWOL and join his cousin's company, and this wasn't discovered until the 26th Marine Regiment was about to land on Iwo Jima. His company commander decided to let him stay with the unit, and the rest is history.

Note: He survived his Medal of Honor action and received the Medal later that year from President Truman.

17 years old, he jumped on top of a grenade PULLED another one underneath him, and took the blast from BOTH of them. And survived. Jacklyn Lucas: More Bad-Ass then you or anyone you've ever known.

who is bad ass?
that's easy... this guy.
optimus.jpg

and this is why.

God forbid he should ever be taken prisoner, I don't know how any news caster is going to be able to give that report with a straight face.

God forbid he should ever be taken prisoner, I don't know how any news caster is going to be able to give that report with a straight face.
:up:
awesome.
what if that DID happen and due to them having to broadcast it over the news, straight faced or not, REAL Transformers shot down from outer space and came to his rescue because they thought it was the REAL Optimus that was in danger.
that would be totally wicked awesome.:o

"E" I love ya man!

Oh and yeah I'm a true life badass.

Bumpage in honor of Memorial Day. These are the guys that deserve medals shaped like Cap's Shield.

Einstein was pretty bad ass...

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

Where the **** was I when this was started?

Spider-Man 3 spoilers,I'm sure. :O

I'd love to see it.

(Newscaster 1): And in todays news Optimus Prime has been captured by the Taliban... *pauses* ...0.o... The hell?

LOPEZ, JOSE M.

Rank and organization: Sergeant, U.S. Army, 23d Infantry, 2d Infantry Division. Place and date: Near Krinkelt, Belgium, 17 December 1944. Entered service at: Brownsville, Tex. Birth: Mission, Tex. G.O. No.: 47, 18 June 1945. Citation: On his own initiative, he carried his heavy machinegun from Company K's right flank to its left, in order to protect that flank which was in danger of being overrun by advancing enemy infantry supported by tanks. Occupying a shallow hole offering no protection above his waist, he cut down a group of 10 Germans. Ignoring enemy fire from an advancing tank, he held his position and cut down 25 more enemy infantry attempting to turn his flank. Glancing to his right, he saw a large number of infantry swarming in from the front. Although dazed and shaken from enemy artillery fire which had crashed into the ground only a few yards away, he realized that his position soon would be outflanked. Again, alone, he carried his machinegun to a position to the right rear of the sector; enemy tanks and infantry were forcing a withdrawal. Blown over backward by the concussion of enemy fire, he immediately reset his gun and continued his fire. Single-handed he held off the German horde until he was satisfied his company had effected its retirement. Again he loaded his gun on his back and in a hail of small arms fire he ran to a point where a few of his comrades were attempting to set up another defense against the onrushing enemy. He fired from this position until his ammunition was exhausted. Still carrying his gun, he fell back with his small group to Krinkelt. Sgt. Lopez's gallantry and intrepidity, on seemingly suicidal missions in which he killed at least 100 of the enemy, were almost solely responsible for allowing Company K to avoid being enveloped, to withdraw successfully and to give other forces coming up in support time to build a line which repelled the enemy drive.

Now that man has a pair of balls. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"