ATTENTION: Bootlegged Pics/Videos Are a No-No

Didn't we go through all the bootleg issues with Galactus in FF2?

People sure do have short memories.

well some folks were probably not around then or posting often to remember the rule.

And that's supposed to be an excuse? :p

well if its a new user they might not know the forum rules and all that.

Nope Morg said no links either

well im glad i saved that pic of you know who to my computer :)

I have to say that the studios have done a great job of controlling information. In exchange for offering exclusive content/interviews/etc to sites like SHH, they can expect policing for spoilers/bootlegs/etc.

Obviously this upsets some people who want that info, but you have to respect the ingenious of the concept.

i just hope we don't have another dcnightwing23 (or what ever the users name was )this year

SHH is officially part of the machine. They keep the people who read this site faithfully and click their ads and pay their bills from seeing or even finding other sites that might have the information we really want and in turn they stay buddy-buddy with the studios and get their exclusives and their fun set visits (which are pointless and boring btw). It's not like it's the end of the world obviously since we're dealing with comic book movies, but it's just silly. And users even champion the rules that keep them from seeng the good stuff. Bravo, SHH.

SHH's rules don't keep anyone from seeing anything. You just can't see it in posts. It took me all of a few minutes of searching to find the comic con trailer on Google yesterday. And there's private messaging if you know people on this site who are willing to share files or links. Either way, it doesn't keep people from discussing it, which is the whole point of the site. Discussion.

SHH is officially part of the machine. They keep the people who read this site faithfully and click their ads and pay their bills from seeing or even finding other sites that might have the information we really want and in turn they stay buddy-buddy with the studios and get their exclusives and their fun set visits (which are pointless and boring btw). It's not like it's the end of the world obviously since we're dealing with comic book movies, but it's just silly. And users even champion the rules that keep them from seeing the good stuff. Bravo, SHH.

I'm not that active in this community, but I would like to share my opinion from a journalistic standpoint; even though I've been doing this for less than a year. Journalism has always been about bringing solid news to the masses. With the print medium now being completely overshadowed by internet news sites, the emphasis on reporting news/rumors/scoops has switched from quality to quantity. Though I understand the nature of the beast, I don't like it. That doesn't mean I won't play the game. Readers, especially comic fans, want their pics, vids, movie secrets and cast interviews now, now, NOW. Giving them the goods is what makes you known in the community; and thus, gives your site(s) attention.

I get asked an average of 10 times per month to remove content from my articles that the studios don't want to see up (i.e. Abin Sur's ship in Green Lantern, Martin Jordan's jet, Mjolnir in IM2, Marvel casting info, etc.). The request always comes with the "we'll trade you this removal for exclusive content down the road" shtick. That may have been a offer great years ago, but with the way the internet works nowadays it's an archaic one.

Knowing the nature of the beast, and how to manipulate it, why would I trade exclusive (albeit leaked) content for official content that I can instantly aggregate from any site as soon as they post it? Once any other site has the "exclusive" image, set visit, etc. posted, all you have to do is aggregate and source it and BINGO, you have it on your site(s) as well. Not very exclusive anymore, is it? It doesn't make sense in the internet world. It's a print medium philosophy.

To survive, and make your mark, in this industry, you have to give the people the goods when it becomes available. Unfortunately, that means walking a very fine line. It would be nice if things worked differently, but they don't anymore.. No one way to do it is wrong (or right), everyone just has a different way of working.... unless you just make **** up to get hits; that's definitely wrong.

Just my two cents

Last edited:
You're free to find another site to post on anytime you like. :)

I have. I call it damn near any other site on the Internet. That's why I have maybe 20 posts in the last 2 years. It just makes me sad that I have to do that. It reminds me of the scene in kick-ass where the networks stop the feed of his execution and everyone jumps on their computer.

SHH's rules don't keep anyone from seeing anything. You just can't see it in posts. It took me all of a few minutes of searching to find the comic con trailer on Google yesterday. And there's private messaging if you know people on this site who are willing to share files or links. Either way, it doesn't keep people from discussing it, which is the whole point of the site. Discussion.

Um, that's my point? I can go anywhere else on the Internet and see it and discuss it ad nauseum. What does SHH offer that other sites don't?

Nothing for you, it seems. Which kind of makes me wonder why you came back...

Nope. As far as I know, our policy is that we can't have anything that hasn't been officially released posted on the boards. People have been discussing it plenty, though, which is fine.

I saw the leaked Thor trailer and I was curious as to whether SHH would allow it since it's so widespread and high quality.

As I stated in a different post, would I rather my first, greatly-anticipated movie-Thor experience be from a bootleg trailer online from a relatively small computer screen, or in a darkened movie theater on a 30-ft. wide screen as I munch on buttered popcorn with a Coke, along with a hundred other oooing-and-aaahing spectators who are as fired up to see a big-screen Thor as I am?

Our problem nowadays is that no one wants to wait anymore. We're the instant generation now - instant gratification. Well I'm here to tell you that delayed gratification is usually more satisfying. :cwink:

Didn't we go through all the bootleg issues with Galactus in FF2?

People sure do have short memories.
heh I can turn around to go do something and forget what it was I was going to do. lol
But yes we did have that issue with Galactus the gas cloud

Nope. As far as I know, our policy is that we can't have anything that hasn't been officially released posted on the boards. People have been discussing it plenty, though, which is fine.
We CAN ( for some reason) post the AUDIO of that footage.

No bootlegs. Period. They're bad. Don't do it, guys. We've got a full official trailer that's normal and stuff. Post that if you feel the need tot post things. DOO IT!

No bootlegs. Period. They're bad. Don't do it, guys. We've got a full official trailer that's normal and stuff. Post that if you feel the need tot post things. DOO IT!

^^^ True

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"