Autorun Worm help

Spider-Man9X17

Ultron was sitting on him
Reaction score
Recently my antivirus has been detecting a virus on two of my USB drives with a file name of SillyAutoRun a path name of autorun.inf. I've searched everywhere for what this is and how to get rid of it, and so far I've found its a worm that infects USB drives and is extremely annoying, but have yet to find way of rmoving it that works. There are hundreds of suggestions out on the web but none have worked for me. Has anyone heard of this before, and know a way to get rid of it. Thanks much.

Backup your data on your flash drive and format it. Problem solved.

Thanks. :up: I was thinking that myself, I just wasn't sure if the virus would be copied too.

Well that might not work. SillyAutoRun virus will be on your main hard drive more than likely and its just copying to every device pluged into it (USB stick external hard drive ect) so if you wipe it off the stick chances are if your system is infected its going to come back.
In saying that if you have plugged it into someone else computer recently you could be carrying it back from there!

Download malwarebytes and superantispyware and update and run them. They should work. if need be run them in safemode.

By the way your sig should say 25 Playoff appearances + 19 AFC Central/North Division Championships + 7 AFC Championships + 6 Super Bowl Championships = The true America's team unlike the pansy Cowboys

Enable viewing of hidden files. Then delete the autorun.inf... most of those autorun programs also install something like host.exe onto your flashdrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"