Microsoft Windows Virus - April 1st attack

I was reading an article and they said they didn't really expect much to happen today, but over the next week they're expecting to see some signs from it.

Even if your computer seems to be running fine, a couple of things you can check:

Make sure your anti-virus software is still running (Cornflicker's been known to disable it)

Make sure Windows Automatic Updates is still running (Cornflicker's been know to disable it, which would leave you open to future attacks of different kinds)

Make sure your anti-virus automatic update is still running.

Make sure your firewall is still running.

Make sure any other security tools you run in the background are still running and getting automatic updates.

Make sure you can load www.microsoft.com, www.symantec.com, www.mcafee.com

Better everyone get a little panicky so those who don't keep their systems up to date, like they're supposed to, actually does so, rather than something really bad happening and no one is prepared.

I think it's safe to say, at this juncture, that the only thing this virus was supposed to spread was the leaked Wolverine workprint.

If this virus was a real attack then it did a number on some of my online friends.

Normally my buddy list is rocking with friends coming on and off, now it's almost as if Skynet wiped them out and I'm all that's left of the human resistance. :oldrazz::cmad:

Imo the whole virus thing was a hoax. Everything's running fine on my machine, nothing's been disabled, it's all good. Apart from my laptop turning itself off and dc'ing itself from my modem, but then again that's just my laptop being an idiot...

Imo the whole virus thing was a hoax. Everything's running fine on my machine, nothing's been disabled, it's all good. Apart from my laptop turning itself off and dc'ing itself from my modem, but then again that's just my laptop being an idiot...

Dear lord, list to me people it was not a hoax.
The virus exists...I have been fighting the damn thing for the last 60 hours for work.

the part that did not really happen...was April 1st...it didnt really do anything

i keep getting random sound bites from websites and ads that i'm not visiting, even when i have no browser open. could this be due to this conflicker thing?

i keep getting random sound bites from websites and ads that i'm not visiting, even when i have no browser open. could this be due to this conflicker thing?

Sounds more like you have Spyware or Adware.

Sounds more like you have Spyware or Adware.
boo:csad: should avg be able to knock that out? i have it scan daily, but it never completes the update which bothers me

boo:csad: should avg be able to knock that out? i have it scan daily, but it never completes the update which bothers me

I moved to Avira on my homes machines...I started not to Trust AVG..
BUt...
I bet it handles them.

Or run the toll I put in the beginning of the thread.

I moved to Avira on my homes machines...I started not to Trust AVG..
BUt...
I bet it handles them.

Or run the toll I put in the beginning of the thread.
the appeal to avg was it's freeness, which isn't the best way to make your decision i'll grant you. and i've tried running the toll and it closes within a minute of opening everytime and doesn't give me any scan results. is that how it's supposed to work?

I never had a problem with AVG. It always worked fine and removed whatever it found. Thing I really hate is Sophos. I live on campus and my school forced everyone to install it in order to get internet access, the program is a piece of crap! And I think it has done a lot more harm to my computer than good.

I like Avast. Free as long as you have a valid email, and seems to update constantly with new definitions.

I dunno if this is confickter, or something else, but I think I got something on my computer.

Basically, my hard drive is locked up. If I try to open the hard drive, I get an error message. I have to manually right click and select "explore" to get into my hard drive.

My brother is taking a look at it, and says that my internet connections and such are also acting really funky, but he can't get into the hard drive or the connections to change anything, because it's not giving him access.

He's not sure exactly what happened.

The easy answer is to say that this happened when I downloaded the Wolverine movie, but I also noticed my computer locking up and freezing when I'd be playing games, before I downloaded the movie.

This is the message I get when I try to open my harddrive:

recycler/s-6-1-54-100021039-100007266-100025642-1244.com

Dear lord, list to me people it was not a hoax.
The virus exists...I have been fighting the damn thing for the last 60 hours for work.

the part that did not really happen...was April 1st...it didnt really do anything

I have had a problem with my computer for the last four or five days. After my computer crashed and I restarted my anti virus and firewall were off. I turned them back on immediately but so far have been unable to sign in to any websites that require a password, for example facebook, yahoo mail, gmail and ebay.

Do you think it could be related to this worm and do you have any advice to fix my problem? Thanks.

I dunno if this is confickter, or something else, but I think I got something on my computer.

Basically, my hard drive is locked up. If I try to open the hard drive, I get an error message. I have to manually right click and select "explore" to get into my hard drive.

My brother is taking a look at it, and says that my internet connections and such are also acting really funky, but he can't get into the hard drive or the connections to change anything, because it's not giving him access.

He's not sure exactly what happened.

The easy answer is to say that this happened when I downloaded the Wolverine movie, but I also noticed my computer locking up and freezing when I'd be playing games, before I downloaded the movie.

This is the message I get when I try to open my harddrive:

recycler/s-6-1-54-100021039-100007266-100025642-1244.com
Search for an autorun.inf file in the root of you hard drive, and delete it. It's probably hidden (Go to folder options, View and check where it says "show all hidden files and folders")

I'm not sure if that's exactly how it says, 'cause I have an Spanish Windows :p

I see. Well, lets hope so :/ I can see all of the other images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"