Microsoft Windows Virus - April 1st attack

I jumped through all the hoops... that mean I'm safe?

And yes that thing said I had no infections... still, safe yet?

I jumped through all the hoops... that mean I'm safe?

And yes that thing said I had no infections... still, safe yet?

It means your not infected right now.

To be safe depends on your virus scanner, firewall, and how updated you keep your scanner and machine. If you always use automatic updates, then you're probably as safe as you can be. Most of the infections they're finding outside the US are on pirated and unpatched machines.

I could go on a rant of how, if Microsoft would allow updates to pirated copies, we might not have this problem (or large a problem), but I won't... ;)

is the program suppose to close by itself????

Yes it is.

Follow these steps if you want to run it in a window that will remain open after it finishes.

I'm assuming you've unzipped the file to your desktop:

1. From the Start menu, choose Run

2. Type Command and press OK. (This will open a command prompt)

3. (You should see something like C:\Documents and Settings\ComputerName) Type cd Desktop (This will change the directory to your desktop folder)

4. Type f-downadup.exe and press return (this is the program file name. It will now run in the window and display your results)

5. When finised, type exit to close the window

It means your not infected right now.
Which is about the most bulls--t thing ever. "Oh, we don't know if you're safe... just that you not infected... for now."

Plus, I could boot in safe mode... and that's a sign of not having it. One minute to go.

Which is about the most bulls--t thing ever. "Oh, we don't know if you're safe... just that you not infected... for now."

Plus, I could boot in safe mode... and that's a sign of not having it. One minute to go.

What else can they do?

Sort of like going to a doctor.

"So, I'm healthy doc? No diseases?"

"No diseases...right now."

:p

Hope the payload drops Easter Sunday instead.

What else can they do?

Sort of like going to a doctor.

"So, I'm healthy doc? No diseases?"

"No diseases...right now."

:p
At least with the doctor... I can avoid sick people... with this thing it is like... you might have it... or not... but you probably do... LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU! You don't have it... or do you... heheh MWHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Damn April Fools and people who know computers.

The no certain time zone thing is what really jumped the shark on this one for me.

I had a little bit of a scare when I just turned on my computer. But so far, everything is working the way it should be and my laptop is in the middle of its scheduled automatic updates.

Well, it's 530 in the AM and my computer was on all night and didn't explode...big surprise.

So it was all an april fools prank......
or is it?
From what i understand about Conficker it could give the "masters" every move you make online.......giving them credit card info (if you buy online) and you wouldn't even know it.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"