Status
Not open for further replies.

louiebling$

Just Chucking with you
Reaction score
Nick Officially Announces Avatar:The Legend Of Korra

Here's a Description:

“The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and f Water Tribe named Korra.” Korra’s quest eventually leads her to Republic City - the epicenter of the world of “Avatar.” A powered by steampunk-type technology, the city is inhabited by people from all nations. Korra Republic City suffers from rampant crime and is also dealing with an anti-bender revolt. Korra is Aang’s son, Tenzin, is the ways of airbending"

Source: http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/in...ts&id=1279705557&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&

korra.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love right now.

I already believe it because it was on wikipedia. HeHe
But it is a spin off and it´s probably not going to answer what happened to zuko´s mother.

Thet´s what i thought but the creators said that they were going to give the answer but decided not to.

1) Is this awesome? This is awesome.

It's moreless implied that she died.

2) I thought it was pretty clear she was exiled and that no one had any clue what had happened to her?

Thet´s what i thought but the creators said that they were going to give the answer but decided not to.

3) There's nothing stopping them from showing what happened. Avatar Flashbacks, ancient scrolls, etc, in Korra's series.

4) This is awesome. Waterbending teen who can fire and earth bend, an old airbending master (a 40+ airbending guy at 70 years after ang suggests it's ang's son), and who knows what other goodness, sounds awesome. The fact that she's older (sounds like she's ~16), meaning a more mature series (BTAS anyone) could be absolutely awesome...

I'm just going to hate the Team _______ vs Team _______ shenanigans that are doomed to occur.

2) I thought it was pretty clear she was exiled and that no one had any clue what had happened to her?

I always thought that she killed the grandfather to protect Zuko and then the Fire Lord killed her to keep her quiet.

I can't wait for this. When I think of my top 5 favorite animated series, the list starts with the DCAU and I have a hard time justifying putting anything ahead of Avatar. My other 3 are Beast Wars, Gargoyles, and the late Spectacular Spider-Man.

I wish they'd do a short epilogue episode to TLA so we can find out more about what happens between these series. Though we'll probably get that in flashbacks and such.

I hope the Flying Bisons aren't extinct. Appa was badass.

Last edited:
I am so excited for this! I wonder if any of the Gaang will still be alive in this new series? I would love to see what Toph is like as an 80 year old.

I watched the original series, and think it's one of the best animated cartoons to come out, very excited for this! It's cool to here the original gang will be somewhat part of the story. :D What I was hoping for!

Has any news on this? Isn't it supposed to air next month?

No, late 2011. I really hope it's not a 12-part miniseries as some news has mentioned. And if it is, than we get a whole bunch of other miniseries taking place at various points in time in the Avatar universe.

Oh. Okay thanks. I must've gotten confused w/ something else.

No, late 2011. I really hope it's not a 12-part miniseries as some news has mentioned. And if it is, than we get a whole bunch of other miniseries taking place at various points in time in the Avatar universe.

Sadly it will be a mini-series but then like you say I hope we have more of the mini-series focusing around the Avatar universe.

Old but still.
http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-legend-of-korra-music-update
Zuckerman: I think we start post-production early next year. The cool thing is that it's going to be twelve episodes...

Patches: Right, only a mini series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back