World Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always remembered 90s X Men to be good...

I liked all of Marvel's 90's stuff, even some of the early 2000's stuff...

except I NEVER liked the Avengers cartoon around then and the FF cartoon a few years ago...

thought both were really bad misfires...

and the later stuff like Silver Surfer I enjoyed, as well... even that MTV Spidey cartoon...

United They Stand was pretty bad lol. I didn't mind SS too much. I liked Spider-Man Unlimited more than MTV spider-man(even though they had goo-venom which i hate lol)

Oh gosh yeah, Hawkeye's voice in United They Stand...

I do hope the new show gets good writers on board. And if what marvel guys have said being a bit like movie/tone/approach would be good. Now I just hope we do get solid crew on board. And for the folks who don't like loeb/joe q to maybe have them be more hands off and not full control of things.

oh, I remember those VERY well... it was kind of the opener for the Marvel Universe block back then...

I THINK the block back then was for Iron Man and the FF...

and Stan Lee did these lameass intros for both...

I definitely remember the Lee intros. Just not the character montage.

Interesting interview

"THR: Because Marvel is now part of Disney, are you looking into more Avengers series?

Marsh: Two months ago, we launched Marvel Universe on Disney XD, which became the exclusive home for new Marvel television content. We've developed Ultimate Spider-Man. Subsequent to the success of the Avengers movie, we've been developing a new Avengers Assemble. We're talking about a Hulk series and an Iron Man series, too. They're going to spend $150 million to $200 million to make these [movie] properties and then half of that to market them; I'm sitting here thinking, "Thank you, Lord, you've made me look good."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...arsh-avengers-miley-cyrus-shia-labeouf-340251

What do you guys think?

I'm glad we're getting a 3rd IM show, but I'm tired of only being able to see Thor in Avengers related shows/games.

I'm glad we're getting a 3rd IM show, but I'm tired of only being able to see Thor in Avengers related shows/games.

I'm betting Marvel will eventually try to do solo shows for all of the main Avengers and a S.H.I.E.L.D. show for Nick Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye. I just hope they are not directed toward children. I don't understand what Marvel was thinking...making animated comics shows geared at children will not get them into comic book reading...it's a different world, it's not the 60's anymore.

Last edited:
Like I pointed out before just cause usm was aimed for kids. Doesn't mean all future marvel shows will be.

I know i think Thor has so many possible storylines they can do in a animated tv show i wish we would have gotten a Thor show instead of that Hulk one.

I know i think Thor has so many possible storylines they can do in a animated tv show i wish we would have gotten a Thor show instead of that Hulk one.

Or even another IM one, both of those guys have had their chances already.

I just watched the latest ultimate spider-man episode and I am very afraid for this show.

Again marvel folks have stated the new avengers toon isn't going to be the same tone or style of usm. Usm style/tone was just for spidey. They wanted to try something different. Has it worked out well no. But everything marvel folks have said for aa is it will have more of tone/style/approach of the live action avengers film. So let's not bash marvel/loeb/joe q/ right now when we have very little to go on for aa.

Again marvel folks have stated the new avengers toon isn't going to be the same tone or style of usm. Usm style/tone was just for spidey. They wanted to try something different. Has it worked out well no. But everything marvel folks have said for aa is it will have more of tone/style/approach of the live action avengers film. So let's not bash marvel/loeb/joe q/ right now when we have very little to go on for aa.

When?

Some of the interviews loeb has made since officially was announced by marvel. I don't have link off hand.

Wrong thread

Last edited:
I don't want the rest of the world to see Avengers just as the movieverse Avengers. Soon, it's going to effect the comics. The movie was amazing, but I really don't want the whole MU to change because of it,

He has to get his own show eventually, and so does Cap. We may have to wait until after the 2nd solo feature for each character for that to happen (much like how Batman: TAS came out after the 2nd Burton Batman film).

I don't want the rest of the world to see Avengers just as the movieverse Avengers. Soon, it's going to effect the comics. The movie was amazing, but I really don't want the whole MU to change because of it,

I agree wholeheartedly with this.:cmad:

I agree too, but I think we're all going to be S.O.L. eventually.

Hope not. The attraction to comics for me at least is the fantastical escapism and it would lose that for me if they tried going for the MCU's version of realism.

Exactly! As fantastic and amazing as the film is, it's starting to look like a curse rather than a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"