The Avengers Avengers villains rumored to be the Skrulls

"Look, it's Super Skrull! With all the powers of the Fantastic F.....uhgettaboudit"

Although they don't have the rights to him, it would have been kind of cool if he had the powers of Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and Hulk.

There are multiple Super Skrulls. Of course the one everyone knows is the one with the FF's powers, but they introduced one with the X-Men's power and one with the Avengers' powers during Secret Invasion. So who knows how the film rights actually work.
thats a good point. there were a TON of different Super Skrulls during Secret Invasion. and they all got brutally destroyed. lol. but i definately remember a Thor and an Iron Man Skrull. i can see a variation on the theme working in the avengers movie.

Hey, been following these forums for a while and decided to finally join and post my two-cents :yay:

Whedon has previously stated that he will be taking plot elements from the original 616 main Marvel universe and other stories(ala Ultimates universe) and from guesswork and common sense, it only makes sense the skrulls are going to be in the Avengers for a number of reasons:

1. Its obvious we need a threat big enough to bring Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Shield etc. together and a massive alien invasion would warrant that. Alien invasion films have been done countless times but never have we need a "superhero alien invasion film" and as a poster mentioned, this could slightly tie into Iron man 3(with the mandarin's ring's possibly being alien technology from a crashed skrull ship that is reverese engineered by the Mandarin to create his rings)

2. An alien invasion by the skrulls would force the team to work together and would make for great character conflict and drama. I mean it would be cool to see Captain America and Tony Stark clash over tactics and ideals. Hawkeye and Black widow's romance in the face of an alien invasion. Thor unwillingly to work with anyone. Bruce Banner struggling to control Hulk to aid the avengers etc.

3.I think the Loki controlling Hulk storyline will be in this film but only in the first act. I think Loki will use the Hulk to battle Thor and the avengers at first in order to distract the avengers from the skrull invasion he is bringing to earth and to make Banner feel as though he can't control the Hulk therefore he won't be able to stop the Skrulls as the Hulk. It's the freaking Avengers, Whedon won't ignore this major storyline of the Avengers lore but it won't be the whole plot of film. Their just isn't enough meat.

That's just my two cents really. You lot are thinking their is gonna be an Avengers 2 but that might not be the case. Marvel need to go all out with the Avengers, as its a huge event and essentially an assemble movement. The threat needs to be huge and bringing in the skrulls is the only logical reason to bring these group of bad-ass mother****ers together.

boo to that idea

Are you kidding me? If they're going to fight the Skrulls, its only logical they fight against their strongest warrior!

What about the Kree, damn it?! You could have the Skrulls (with a Super-Skrull type, Paibok maybe, as their secret weapon) vs. the Kree (led by Ronan and Capt. Marvel) fighting a war on Earth with the Avengers in the middle. You could even work Ms. Marvel/Warbird into story even if just a set-up for the next movie.

Probably, but the Kree have more history with the Avengers and how many Avengers vs. alien race movies could they possibly do? I think the Kree and Skrulls should be saved for the second or third movie.

So that Fox didn't get all the Skrulls. They probably wanted Super-Skrull, he's one of the FF's big bads.

Yeah I don't think they had the all the Skrulls in mind when they made the deal. It's not like thay actually read the comics.

To bad they couldn't fudge a little and use some Shi'ar. Gladiator is a bad MF'r to deal with. So are some of the others.

Gladiator is the effing man! ive become a huge fan of his during Annihilation and all the recent Cosmic story arcs. dude kicks so much ass its not even funny. would love to see Nova and Capt. Marvel on the big screen one of these days. after seeing that Green Lantern trailer i absolutely cannot wait for Marvels first cosmic movie.

To bad they couldn't fudge a little and use some Shi'ar. Gladiator is a bad MF'r to deal with. So are some of the others.

You mean the Imperial Guard? You know they're just a ripoff of the Legion of Super Heroes, right? :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"