Awesome 90's Figure Lines

Saint553

Superhero
Reaction score
What were some of your favorite figure lines from the 90's?

Two of my favorites that are highly under-rated are the Aliens line and Exo-Squad.

People should post pictures too.

I liked the Jurassic Park line,
Kenners dark Knight collection.

Outside the 90's,
Real ghostbusters,
The A team,
Masters of the universe,

You can't have the 90s without Power rangers.
Awesome toys and Beast wars.

I loved the Jpark toys. They had the t-rex where it would eat the guy. Awesome toys.

Yes, Power Rangers was one of the hottest lines of the 90's if I remember correctly. Am I remembering correctly?

That, and GI Joe was fun as hell for me.

1) Spider-man the animated series, followed by its subsequent lines such as "sneak attack", "web force", etc...

2) tie... Kenner star wars/Transformers: Beast Wars

I liked the X-men lines and Marvel Superheroes....But never got them until after the 90s....

Through the 90s I really didn't collect much...but when I did My Childhood was all TNMT and battle Beasts

Yes, Power Rangers was one of the hottest lines of the 90's if I remember correctly. Am I remembering correctly?

Yeah Power Rangers was a massive success, still is. I was reading awhile back the 10 biggest selling toy lines ever and Power Rangers was at number 2. (behind Star Wars)

Spider-Man: TAS
Batman: TAS
Fantastic Four: TAS (wish we had gotten one last wave )...

Your remembering correctly lol. Power Rangers was the top selling toy of the last 14 or 15 years until transformers came around with theyre movie

Anyone else remember the Legends of the Dark Knight line? Some weird figs here and there, but they did a Nightwing and Azrael, which I thought were two awesome figs back then. They did a few cool Elseworld Batmans as well.

The Batman Returns line had a few good figs as well. I liked the Batman whose arms went up like in the scene where glides away. Plus, there was the first Tim Drake Robin toy in that line. I remember loving the Tim Robin suit when it first came out, to the point where I went and got a spiked haircut. I still prefer that outfit to the one in the comics now.

Batman TAS
Jurassic Park Figures
Kenner Aliens
Kenner Predator
Star Wars Power of the Force

and alot more I had .....

Power rangers was the number one boy toy for years until transformers the movie toys beat it this year.

Not exactly figure lines, but I'd say Micromachines and Mighty Max were two great toylines!

Street Sharks were badass.

For me, Toybiz had their hayday back then- that's right, I said it, their figures were of top quality back then. I found their Spiderman and other Marvel lines to be of far greater quality and play value than the often iffy paint job, stuck/broken jointed crappy distribution of their Legends line of more recent years.

It's only fair to mention Spawn, as it really shined back in those pre-statue days.

But nothing beats Kenner's original Jurassic Park line! And The Lost World was a nice, but not as good, extension of that.

dude... haha marvel legends are soooo much better then 90's figs.. the late 90's toybiz quality was indeed there prime for that era (not early 90's) but i recommend going back and actually looking at those figs.. and saying there better then todays

Hey I said for me :-)

I liked being able to really play with the figures. They were well distributed and easy to find, of consistant, great quality and very sturdy. The later sub lines were extremely great sculpts. And like I said, they made great toys.

Legends, though, well, they make great displays. But the majority of the Toy Biz waves were extremely hard to find, quality control was all over the place, paint varied from figure to figure like crazy, joints were ALWAYS stuck, sometimes to the point of rendering the joint useless or broken. Also, after extremely minimal play the figures joints often turned to jelly- and this is when from when a time when I'm basically beyond playing with the things. Just a few minutes here and there when I first picked them up, and I certainly wasn't bashing them around and crashing them through walls for hours on end like I was with my 90s figures as a kid. I broke exactly two of my entire collection from when I was a child. I've had triple that of Legends break, one of them from literally removing it from the package. I have a good deal more that are all but useless for displays because their joints are so loose. They are horrible, fragile toys :p

great quality? hahahaha i think u should relook... early 90's figs look like todays mcdonald toys

It's not all about looks. They were made of better plastic, had cleaner paint, and were sturdy, good toys. And like I said, they honed their sculpting over the years to the point of them being quite excellent(The Vault, Sneak Attack, etc etc).

It's not all about looks. They were made of better plastic, had cleaner paint, and were sturdy, good toys. And like I said, they honed their sculpting over the years to the point of them being quite excellent(The Vault, Sneak Attack, etc etc).

again.. i think u need to relook...

and ya later 90's toys ill agree with.. but early to mid... no

Haha I don't need to relook, you said it yourself- it's the later lines that continue to impress me today.

the only edge the 90s figs had on the current figs is volume....and characters.....but maybe it just seems like more obscure characters because they were popular in the 90s.....Quark and Tusk for example.

And everything else I mentioned :p

Power Rangers. Hands down my favorite. You had both the super hero and the giant robot.

Hottest 90's Action Figure Lines:

---RANK---

1. Power Rangers

2. Star Wars

3. Beast Wars/Transformers

4. Batman TAS/Movie Lines

5. Ninja Turtles

6. Spider-Man TAS

7. WWF Lines

8. X-Men TAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back