Background check

Danger Mouse

Kitchen Appliance
Reaction score
Hi.

I need help regarding work.

I need to verify the legitimacy of a company based in the United States. Basically, a background check. What's the cheapest and most reliable way of achieving this?

Your input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try Google, first, because most legit companies have websites, even small family owned businesses.

Thanks, kritic. Appreciate it.

Whilst that is a good first step, but in this day and age where even a 7-year-old can come up with a website, is there a more concrete way for verification?

Contact the Better Business bureau. Any company that's reputable will be listed.

this thread is way too old but the only thing that i hate with background check that pissed me off is to see my own record showing up when i try to run for myself driving(speeding ticket),ssn, high school, college transcript, etc. makes me wonder how just easy to access someone's info. see http://www.unlimited-backgroundcheck.com thats where i got mine installed:confused:

Yeah I sometimes check BBB(better business bureau) when I need to check out a company

Danger Mouse said:
Hi.

I need help regarding work.

I need to verify the legitimacy of a company based in the United States. Basically, a background check. What's the cheapest and most reliable way of achieving this?

Your input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You could make a long distance phone call on your phone plan.

The internet is still free.

There is also the yellow pages for the area, and then the permit offices for the area. Depending on what business the company is in they may require a permit to do business. You could also ask for references from companies they have done business with and then confirm that those companies exist (and aren't just a phone number "shell").

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"