"Live Action" Bambi in the works

I assume this will be theatrical, as the technology would be too expensive for Disney+.

Not sure how well the Lady and the Tramp remake did for them anyway on the platform.

The Lady and the Tramp CG was actually pretty impressive though they obviously used real dogs as much as they could. When they talked the faces were more expressive than Lion King.

Also the two chicks writing it look like human versions of deer. :o

Coincidental I'm sure.

So I’m assuming the hunter who shoots Bambi’s mom *spoiler alert* most likely will be a featured player who Bambi confront at the end.

Maybe they will give The Hunter a backstory....like Maleficent...he's a good guy deep inside...yeah I'm bitter.

The studio is cognizant that Bambi is less epic in scope and story and is not aiming to shoehorn a larger narrative onto the classic tale.
So no 'Bambiverse' then...

Maybe they will give The Hunter a backstory....like Maleficent...he's a good guy deep inside...yeah I'm bitter.

100% at the end Bambi and the hunter come to an understanding that killing his mom was wrong as he vows never to harm an animal again as he throws his gun away... only to burn the forest down a couple of hours later making a fire.

Also they will be able to understand each other like in the Peter Rabbit movie.

And his mom was killed when he was young as well furthering their bond. Mauled by a deer or something.

Bambi's mama's death may hit harder than live action Mufasa, depending on the animation. Mufasa also went out a beastly king while Mama Bambi is like a mass shooting victim

I wonder, you know, this might be more of a dumbo than a lion king. As in the fan base has aged out of it and not everyone wants to go to feel sad. I guess we’ll see. But I would have trouble pitching this movie to younger people

100% at the end Bambi and the hunter come to an understanding that killing his mom was wrong as he vows never to harm an animal again as he throws his gun away... only to burn the forest down a couple of hours later making a fire.

I think they'll probably add new human characters to flesh out the story much like they did with Dumbo. Perhaps a father and son trying to protect the forest from the hunter?

Bambi's mama's death may hit harder than live action Mufasa, depending on the animation. Mufasa also went out a beastly king while Mama Bambi is like a mass shooting victim
Gotdamn dude...

The studio is cognizant that Bambi is less epic in scope and story and is not aiming to shoehorn a larger narrative onto the classic tale.

So no 'Bambiverse' then...

See, I thought Bambi was too ambitious a concept for its own good, telling the story of this character from childhood to adolescence to adulthood all in the course of an hour. Adult Bambi didn't even get dialogue. I don't even really know that guy, I just liked him and his friends when they were kids.

Gotdamn dude...

Well..

She was out minding her own business with Bambi and all of a sudden, shots were fired and it turned out the shooter was a random strange man

Adult Bambi didn't even get dialogue. I don't even really know that guy...

It's an ugly story. Being an adult buck with the name "Bambi" caused all sorts of problems.

I feel like they can veer more Jungle Book than Lion King and make them a little more expressive.

I'm calling it: Worst Disney Live Action Remake. Prove me wrong, Disney+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"