Barbara Gordon Casting Thread

IMG_3252.jpg

If you go on twitter it's amazing how many young actresses are suddenly popping up with Bat logo t-shirts

I love it when actors/celebs campaign for comic book movie roles.It speaks volumes about the genre. We need hungry and dedicated actresses/actors for these roles who will appreciate it. We don't need any Natalie Portman or J/Law types.

I love it when actors/celebs campaign for comic book movie roles.It speaks volumes about the genre. We need hungry and dedicated actresses/actors for these roles who will appreciate it. We don't need any Natalie Portman or J/Law types.

Best part of it all is when they say 'Oh, i loved reading (insert character X here) when I was a kid, to think I'm playing (insert character X) now is a life long dream'.

Translates as

'The Production assistant bought over a ton of comics for me to read which another production assistant has put tabs on the pages I should be reading and another production assistant has written a crib sheet on the character for me to read up on before I go on set in a few hours'.

Best part of it all is when they say 'Oh, i loved reading (insert character X here) when I was a kid, to think I'm playing (insert character X) now is a life long dream'.

Translates as

'The Production assistant bought over a ton of comics for me to read which another production assistant has put tabs on the pages I should be reading and another production assistant has written a crib sheet on the character for me to read up on before I go on set in a few hours'.

LOL. Well, they can come across as a bit desperate and sometimes try way too hard to impress fanboys, but its just nice to see their eagerness to play a superhero and be part of a franchise.

I doubt Oscar winner, Brie Larson knew anything about Captain Marvel before she was cast, but she seems to appreciate the role.

Translates as

From the interviews I’ve read, most actors seem to be forthcoming in having little knowledge/experience with their characters if asked. I can’t really recall a time where they’ve been too forthcoming of their fandom, or at least to the point I thought they were being dishonest.

I'd love to see Anna Kendrick, Emma Stone, Jane Levy or Hailee Steinfeld get it but Haley Bennett would be an excellent choice too. What a cutie!

Mag7-16Bennett.jpg

From the interviews I’ve read, most actors seem to be forthcoming in having little knowledge/experience with their characters if asked. I can’t really recall a time where they’ve been too forthcoming of their fandom, or at least to the point I thought they were being dishonest.

Ciaran Hinds was certainly very upfront recently about not having read the comics even as a kid and having had no idea at all who Steppenwolf is before he was cast.

I love Ramona Flowers, I feel like timing and bad luck may keep her out of the DCEU. She was in the running for Wonder Woman in George Miller's Justice League ten years ago. I think she would have been the ideal Lois Lane for Man of Steel (and I think Amy Adams is wonderful. But MEW- perfection).
But with Joss Whedon talking about a Batgirl origin story we might be getting a late teens-early twenties Barbara.

Jane Levy's twenty seven, but she projects a wide-eyed youthfulness that would make her easily believable playing five or ten years younger. Mary Elizabeth Winstead has a more mature presence.
Gal Gadot was the best thing in BvS, but I kinda wish it was MEW starring as Wonder Woman in a month and a half.

Last edited:
Jovani+LA+Flagship+Opening+HiMSbJ3Fz5Qx.jpg

Based on looks only Madelaine Petsch would be my pick.

Based on looks only Madelaine Petsch would be my pick.

I love her on Riverdale, but I've actually been thinking Lili Reinhardt (Betty) would be a great Barbara (with the absolutely essential red hair, of course).
Reinhardt projects intelligence, a wide-eyed innocence that would work nicely as Jim Gordon's loving daughter, and she has a pretty athletic looking frame. I think she could look believable kicking the snot out of a couple of thugs in a Gotham alley.

I love her on Riverdale, but I've actually been thinking Lili Reinhardt (Betty) would be a great Barbara (with the absolutely essential red hair, of course).
Reinhardt projects intelligence, a wide-eyed innocence that would work nicely as Jim Gordon's loving daughter, and she has a pretty athletic looking frame. I think she could look believable kicking the snot out of a couple of thugs in a Gotham alley.

Either would make a fine Barbara if they were aiming for late teens, early 20's. Kind of essential if they want to call her Bat'girl' if you ask me.

I think she will be early to mid 20's cast. They will want her for 3 or more movies like Captain America is contracted.

I've been in a state of mild, very pleasant shock at the idea of just one Batgirl movie.
Hadn't even been thinking about sequels.
But yeah, probably mid-twenties is the ceiling then.

How come no one is suggesting Britt Robertson? Am I the only one who thinks she would nail the role of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl to perfection?

Two posts above yours. That Tg11 guy already suggested her a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"