Barbara Gordon Casting Thread

Eh, I dunno... that sounds like a story straight out of a LEGO movie. Nah, if they do chose to tell her origin (and I strongly doubt that they will), I'd rather they use Batgirl: Year One as inspiration.

Depends on how she's written.

If they go full Batgirl she has to skew young. Young people are stupid and impulsive when it comes to making decisions. They're also oblivious to their own mortality. She'd have to start off as a pain in Batman's ash who's more likely to get killed than solve a crime. Eventually he gets tired of saving her crazy ash over and over and decides to train her so that at least she isn't a liability.

If they go for an older Barbara she has to be Oracle. An adult, crazy ash fangirl dressing up as a Bat is cringe inducing.

They should scrap robin and any batgirl and go with " Blue Jay". Anyone? Anyone?

Barbara died during the post apocalyptic scene, she dead.

Batman cannot turn back time, like lame ash supes.

They should scrap robin and any batgirl and go with " Blue Jay". Anyone? Anyone?

Never heard of him/her and I doubt anyone making the movies has either. And wouldn't want to even if they did because almost none of the people that go to movies has either. You have to remember
that Robin and Batgirl are as much icons to the public as Batman from their characters on the Batman TV show. If it weren't for the the 1966 Batman TV show, Batman would have faded into obscurity
long ago. They were about to cancel the Batman comic book until the Batman TV show made Batman popular again.

Emily Browning

emily3.jpg

RPJetyq.jpg

Emma Stone, all day long....

I've always wanted Kristen Stewart for Barbara, not only because she has evolved into a terrific actress, but because she has worn Batman logo t-shirts in public- which is so great- and even in film in the great 'Clouds of Sils Maria'.

But yeah, there seems to be a lot of fan momentum for Emma Stone, and if that were to happen there's no doubt she would do what she always does- a wonderful job.

No because it would feel too close to her role as Captain Stacy's daughter. I think she needs to do her own thing away from the genre. Give another actress a chance who hasn't appeared in a DC or Marvel film. That's why I suggest Jane Levy.

I've always wanted Kristen Stewart for Barbara, not only because she has evolved into a terrific actress, but because she has worn Batman logo t-shirts in public- which is so great- and even in film in the great 'Clouds of Sils Maria'.

But yeah, there seems to be a lot of fan momentum for Emma Stone, and if that were to happen there's no doubt she would do what she always does- a wonderful job.

I never hated Stewart as an actress,sure twilight was trash but she's good,I tliked her since Speak(2005).
I think she expressed interest in being in the Marvel movies,she might do DC,she wouldn't be bad as Babs

As for Stone I wonder if she would jump back into the superhero game after only three years.
She would again be playing the daughter of a cop again, then again Michael Keaton played a man dressed like a bird before. She can work as Babs.
Jane Levy, Elena Satine and Holland Rooden could work.

Glad to see Stewart getting love on here. Hate Twilight or whatever, but I've seen her in a couple indie pics where she really stood out.

She's a great actress. It's hard to argue otherwise at this point.

Good from what I've seen in the past few years. Post twilight. Great is stretching it.

No to Emma Stone. She's already nearing the annoyance level of Jennifer Lawrence

I like Emily Browning though :up:

If we're going with any of these petite actresses, then I'd hope it's just for Oracle. Cause I sure as bad place don't buy any one of these girls lasting a week out in the field.

Good from what I've seen in the past few years. Post twilight. Great is stretching it.

Please give 'Clouds of Sils Maria' a watch.
She won the 'Cesar' (called the French 'Oscar') and Indiewire Best Supporting Actress, and as a bonus wears a pink-on-black Batman logo-T while sporting some very Barbara Gordon glasses. Her character also calls out the snobbish dismissal of fantasy genre films by the Juliette Binoche character with a very spirited defense of comics source material.
It's a wonderful performance. May change your mind.

She's good. Her "great" performance is still yet to come, I think.

If we're going with any of these petite actresses, then I'd hope it's just for Oracle. Cause I sure as bad place don't buy any one of these girls lasting a week out in the field.

And yet Bruce Lee was tiny, but was considered a legitimate threat by the best fighters and martial artists of his time.

I wouldn't hire Stewart after the Snow White accident.

Might I suggest Olivia Cooke?

tumblr_oex5o0ZMEG1ty5tmuo5_1280.jpg

Her star is on the rise, with Ready Player One coming up.

Alternately, on the lesser known end of the spectrum, Addison Timlin...

tumblr_o8wxodhMUB1s2yr14o1_1280.jpg

And yet Bruce Lee was tiny, but was considered a legitimate threat by the best fighters and martial artists of his time.
What an inane comparison. Bruce Lee was in phenomenal shape and looked it. It's very possible a svelte actress can pull off the martial arts (see Zhang Ziyi), but those are rare instances. And even then I only really bought it in highly stylized fantasy pics.

I can suspend my disbelief for the likes of Gal (for obvious reasons), but in Batman's world I hope the creators have higher expectations than the same run of the mill name actresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"