Barbara Gordon Casting Thread

MEW...Mary Elizabeth Winstead as JK Simmons' Gordon's daughter Barbara I can see it

Ellen Page I can see her as Barbara Gordon as well

After Cranston, Chastain, etc, you guys should know Jane Levy is never going to happen.

Would prefer it if they went for someone younger and a little more out of the box, anyway.

Jane Levy is my bet !

tumblr_otsdhjegBt1rvcnj9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_otsdhjegBt1rvcnj9o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_otsdld9BuJ1rvcnj9o2_500.jpg

tumblr_otsdld9BuJ1rvcnj9o3_540.jpg

MEW would be my choice

Levy would've been better as Harley.

I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
She would have been the absolutely perfect Lois Lane (and I also love Amy Adams- who doesn't love Amy Adams?).
But MEW would have been the definitive Lois.
However, I think she's too mature to play Barbara in a Batgirl origin.
This film almost certainly takes place at least a decade before BvS, with a Barbara in her early twenties, or maybe even younger than that.

I love Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
She would have been the absolutely perfect Lois Lane (and I also love Amy Adams- who doesn't love Amy Adams?).

I reeeally don't love Amy Adams. haha!

Anyways My choices would be: Hayley Kiyoko, Olivia Thirlby, or Stefanie Scott

Very happy to see- from today’s Ben Fritz Wall Street Journal article about Justice League and Warner Brothers- that Batgirl is still among the short list of projects expected to happen in the near future.
Go Barbara.
On the distaff side of the DC Films crimefighting family, Diana could really use some company.

After seeing JL last night my top picks for Barbara Gordon

1- Mary Elizabeth Winstead
2- Anna Kendrick
3- Britt Robertson
4- Jane Levy
5- Emma Stone

Someone I follow on Twitter said they want to see Saoirse Ronan play Batgirl and I believe it was Kevin Maguire who responded that she was Whedon's first choice for Scarlet Witch.

A possibility?

Ha, she gets suggested for everything which is a testament to how great an actress she is

Riley Keough would be my pick.

Qw1C033.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Whoever suggested Elvis' granddaughter Lisa Marie's daughter Riley Keough as Barbara Gordon I don't know why I didn't think of her but honestly I could even see her as Poison Ivy believe it or not

Keough would be a better Ivy. Watch The Girlfriend Experience.

Barb is the Stranger Things actress for Barbara, btw.

Someone I follow on Twitter said they want to see Saoirse Ronan play Batgirl and I believe it was Kevin Maguire who responded that she was Whedon's first choice for Scarlet Witch.

A possibility?

I’d only seen her in ‘Brooklyn’, and she was terrific (and Oscar nominated)- but that quiet, internalized performance didn’t scream Barbara to me.
But her hosting performance on SNL last night- which can really expose someone- was great. She was different in every skit. Committed and versatile.
She would be a fine Batgirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"