• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Barbie: The Movie

Especially in light of the DC brand crashing and burning, WB needs money making franchises yesterday, so yeah, a Barbie universe of films is 100% happening.

I know how you mean it, but looking at toy sales and especially how the Comic book sales have exploded since Gunn took over the DCU...it is funny reading "DC Brand crashing and burning".
Like DC drowns at the box office but thrives outside of it...who would have ever expected that?

Anyway...the more i read from the angry at barbie crowd, the more clear it gets that too many people either dont want or cant understand movies.
Like how does someone watch the Barbie movie and come out of it thinking the movie was "hating men"?
It is not an overly complicated movie, how are the messages not clear as day?

Like how does someone watch the Barbie movie and come out of it thinking the movie was "hating men"?
It is not an overly complicated movie, how are the messages not clear as day?

People want to find things to be mad at.

Oppenheimer has some saying it *promotes* nuclear war.

Best to just ignore the dumb minority.

Hahaha its true! Almost every girl and woman I saw at the theater yesterday was decked out in pink. I love it when a film has this kind of impact on people.
Yeah, makes it much more fun to go OW when everyone’s getting in on the act. :smilingeyes:

Honestly opening the same day as Oppenheimer is the best thing that could have happened for both movies.
I hope at some point we get another pair of unlikely films that somehow get this synergy and audience investment as a double bill. It adds to both films and makes their debut feel like a bigger event than from one film alone.

I may or may not have been blasting the soundtrack in the car on my way to work this morning.

barbie-ken.gif

I may or may not have been blasting the soundtrack in the car on my way to work this morning.

barbie-ken.gif
This was also your outfit when going to see it right? :cwink:

Been saying it for months, hopefully Gunn has already approached Greta Gerwig. :SG:

Weekend actuals are up, $162,022,044 for Barbie.

Early estimates for Monday look to be around $30 million.:bigeyes: If that Monday number is close that's a crazy good hold.

The Sunday's really good and that would be insane for Monday if so. This thing is opening huge and looking like holding huge too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"