The Dark Knight Rises Batman 3 Early Teaser Mock-Up

I would be much better if you did it like that.

I like the voice talent used for the animated Freeze, but it might sound a bit too cartoonish as well. Plus, if it's already mixed in with music, that's a whole other can of worms.

I would say try and do an audio voice like Black Manta in the Brave and the bold. Try some other actors and enhance it with that robotic sound and ta da.

Nicely done, but if I may make a suggestion, remove the chessy tagline completely, just say -
"Coming in Summer,2011" (or however you want to put it) then cut immediately to the freezing logo. More mysterious. Any bat-fan worth his salt will know exactly what it means.

I would say try and do an audio voice like Black Manta in the Brave and the bold. Try some other actors and enhance it with that robotic sound and ta da.

Yeah, but if the line is cheesy or cartoony, it'll be even worse. I think it'd be better to find something from some movie that could apply. Like in the first TDK teaser...they don't really mention Batman or the Joker, it's just soundbytes that setup a tense situation. I dunno...it's not really worth putting too much into this, it's just a loose conceptual blueprint for doing something with the Bat-logo like in the opening sequences of the first two movies. And the more I look at as a whole, it's probably more fitting for a Burton-type of thing (blech!).

Nicely done, but if I may make a suggestion, remove the chessy tagline completely, just say -
"Coming in Summer,2011" (or however you want to put it) then cut immediately to the freezing logo. More mysterious. Any bat-fan worth his salt will know exactly what it means.
Yeah, probably better off just doing it like the movie opening rather than a teaser. The text is just taking up time/space. If I could figure out how to do it, another idea would be to use images...like Bale, Caine, Gordon, and whoever might be Mr. Freeze, and use the mist/steam to reveal them (some sort of keying/particle effect) with soundbytes, underneath instead of text. That would probably be ideal. But again, graphics/animation isn't really my gig.

Last edited:
You will never see Freeze in a Nolan directed film...

I agree, for the most part.....same goes for characters like Penguin, Croc, even Bane and a host of others.

Whoa... who's playing Mr. Freeze in the fan made poster?

Never heard of him before, but he sure looks like he could play Freeze.

Never heard of him before, but he sure looks like he could play Freeze.

British (I believe) actor...Rock n' Rolla, Body of Lies, Revolver.....

300longfirm_strong3.jpg
20090311005403.jpg

mark-strong-rocknrolla-gun-vert.jpg
54918-mr-freeze_400.jpg

Mark Strong as Mr. Freeze.

I know I saw him before, I saw a bit of Rock n' Rolla, not seen Body of Lies nor Revolver.

He looks the part.

I think it'd be really cool to overlay some of Michael Ansara's lines from B:TAS or Subzero into that trailer. That would just make it awesome. His voice was absolutely perfect for the role, dare we say...chilling.

I was actually searching through some episodes yesterday, but didn't really find anything that didn't have some considerable music mixed in, which would be a ****** to filter out.

All these Mr. Freeze related taglines only remind me of Scorcher VI....probably not a good thing.

Now, even though I despise Mr. Freeze as a villain and wish he'd be forgotten entirely I must say that I like this. You had nothing to go on and yet made something pretty decent. Good work :)

Nice use of After Effects. I'm so damn inept with that program.

How bout' " Starting tonight people will Freeze... I'm a man of my word!" lol Jk Great work on the logo and the sound effects as well. I'd love to see Freeze done right.

i would say record your own voice but hardcore alter it.

I liked the video.

But what i think is an amazing touch is the frozen/shattered Bat-symbol you have in your poster. That is a great image and something i could really see being on one of the official posters if they went the Mr. Freeze route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"