The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises

Dissapointed! Very dissapointed! Even uglier title than TDKR or Shadow Of Th Bat.

Great title!

It implies that the movie will be about Batman's rise from the emotional and situational lows reached at the end of TDK.

And now that the Riddler is eliminated, who wants to bet that it will be Hush?

Make it a poll about the title, Crissa!

Love the title!

Make it a poll about the title, Crissa!

Love the title!

I'm on it!

EDIT: I don't think I can add a poll now. Can a mod please add a poll to this thread?

"Do you like the official title - 'The Dark Knight Rises'?"

1. Love it!
2. Hate it!
3. It's OK!

No Riddler? No noes!

And Yay for IMAX!!!

Oh hell... now there's even a thread with the same terrible title as the movie itself. Things are going downhill quickly. :doh:
:oldrazz:

SHADOW OF THE BAT is the most encompassing, relevant title they could have had.

This just tells us Batman will succeed, and possibly expand his operation. Which we also already knew.

And leaves the character open to a slew of sex jokes.

It's lazy and uninspired.

SHADOW OF THE BAT is the most encompassing, relevant title they could have had.

This just tells us Batman will succeed, and possibly expand his operation. Which we also already knew.

And leaves the character open to a slew of sex jokes.

It's lazy and uninspired.
I definitely would have preferred that title to what we're getting. Hell, there's a ton of titles taken directly from the comics themselves that would have sounded better.

This is the "Batman Escalation" of titles, only this time, ITS REAL

__
possible tag-line

At least it's not Dark Knight 2 The Streets of Gotham

Could've lived with either SotB or CC. But this one works more than fine for me.

As CFE told me on on Facebook - it feels like it's riding the coat tails of TDK and not creating an original title for itself.

I would have been happier with "Batman Rises" than TDK Rises.

He IS, afterall, Batman. And it would have given a nice book-end to the franchise title-wise.

- Jow

As CFE told me on on Facebook - it feels like it's riding the coat tails of TDK and not creating an original title for itself.

I would have been happier with "Batman Rises" than TDK Rises.

He IS, afterall, Batman. And it would have given a nice book-end to the franchise title-wise.

- Jow

Seems that Nolan ties the titles very closely to the story. We'll see if it's because of TDK's success or for the reason I stated (or both).

Whatever it is, it works for what TDK set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"