The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises

Actually, Bale joked awhile back about how Nolan only has a contract to do one film at a time whereas Bale was locked in to do 3 Batman movies no matter what. So even if Nolan left after Begins, Bale would have been involved in the obvious sequel without Nolan. If I remember right, Oldman said he was locked into 3 movies as well.

Yeah, I knew that. Sure, Bale would have HAD to make the next 2 sequels even if Nolan left but he would have begrudgingly. If Nolan was to come back, which I think its safe to say he will not, Bale would also...if asked.

Actually, Bale joked awhile back about how Nolan only has a contract to do one film at a time whereas Bale was locked in to do 3 Batman movies no matter what. So even if Nolan left after Begins, Bale would have been involved in the obvious sequel without Nolan. If I remember right, Oldman said he was locked into 3 movies as well.

Well, them having a preference to coming back after their contract expires only if Nolan asks them to has been made clear. That's the point.

Michael Caine too, I think.

Hinting? "Hinting?" It's people like you that cause news to spin out of control and give the fanbase and general public the wrong idea. :dry:

He wasn't 'hinting' any such thing. He simply says that he hasn't heard it directly from Nolan, so he doesn't know if it's true or not. The fact that he clearly says over and over again that he knows next to nothing about the film should be confirmation enough that he isn't even in a POSITION to 'hint' at anything.

Seriously. I can't believe how grossly spun-upon these latest Bale quotes have been.

Oh, one more thing: He outright says that Chris Nolan could still tell him it's not his last Batflick, so basically it's still up in the air. He hasn't confirmed jack. Quit making things up.

Yo, chill out dude! Was just sharing what I thought was an interesting link with fellow Batfans. I wasn't makng up any "wild" claims that weren't in the link. No need for the anger and chewing my head off. Jeez. :whatever:

Yo, chill out dude! Was just sharing what I thought was an interesting link with fellow Batfans. I wasn't makng up any "wild" claims that weren't in the link. No need for the anger and chewing my head off. Jeez. :whatever:

:argh::funny:

Nah, you were putting spin on it. That causes misconceptions. :nono:

:argh::funny:

Nah, you were putting spin on it. That causes misconceptions. :nono:

Uh, didn't "spin" anything.

Entertainment Weekly said:
Christian Bale isn’t sure that he’ll be heading back to Gotham after The Dark Knight Rises. “This will be, I believe, until Chris [Nolan] says different, the last time I’ll be playing Batman,” Bale told E!. “Absolutely, we want to go all out with it.”

“I don’t even know if [The Dark Knight Rises is] the right title,” Bale said. “Until Chris tells me, I don’t believe it.”

Bale was not expected to play Batman forever; his contract called for three films. But since the actual plot details for TDKR – if that is it’s real name — are so tantalizingly vague, Bale’s confirmation of something — anything — concrete attracts some added significance.

The quotes in bold are the words of the author of the article. Not mine.

All I claimed in my post with the link is that Bale hinted at the title not being the title (which is what the author is saying) and the TDKR is his last Batflick (again which is the whole raison d'etre for the EW article in the first place).

Just two sentences, dude. Both substantiated by the author of the article in the link I provided. If you have beef with the either point, take it up with Margaret Lyons.

RakuMon said:
Over at Entertainment Weekly, Christian Bale was hinting that "The Dark Knight Rises" might not even be the actual title of the flick:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2010/11/23/christian-bale-batman-dark-knight-rises/

He also confirms TDKR (if that is actually the title!) will be his last Batflick.

So, uh, no need to shoot the messenger.

The title isnt the best in my opinion but aslong as the film is awesome I could care less.

The title isnt the best in my opinion but aslong as the film is awesome I could care less.
I hate to be that guy, but....

It's supposed to be "I couldn't care less" - because I have no interest. "I could care less" means there is some interest.

Just saying is all.

disappointing title.

doubt very much that it'll be a disappointing movie.

It's supposed to be "I couldn't care less" - because I have no interest. "I could care less" means there is some interest.

Just saying is all.

Lol I was very tired when I wrote it :D

Just saying is all.

Every single American I've ever spoken to says it wrong!

So frustrating!

So, uh, no need to shoot the messenger.

You said he was hinting that TDKR might not be the real title when he said nothing of the sort. That's spin. :dry:

And yeah, when the messenger is blatantly misleading and it has the potential to confuse the fanbase and the public into believing a lie, the messenger totally deserves to take responsibility for it. :o There's no defense.

You said he was hinting that TDKR might not be the real title when he said nothing of the sort. That's spin. :dry:

And yeah, when the messenger is blatantly misleading and it has the potential to confuse the fanbase and the public into believing a lie, the messenger totally deserves to take responsibility for it. :o There's no defense.

I'm really not trying to get into a flamewar with--and I'm not sure why you're being so hostile to me. It's one thing to disagree but you're throwing out personal attacks on me and my character--basically calling me a liar--and that's uncalled for.

Again, your beef is with Margaret Lyons of EW. She is the writer implying that the title is not final. Why don't you send her a nastygram?

And I suppose I'm supposed to get your permission before sharing any TDKR links?

so no unused footage of Heath's Joker in TDKR- well Nolan sure is trying to take all of the fun out of this new bat flick--- at least release an 8 disc Fanboy edition of TDK with 30 hrs of behind the scenes footage. We want to see Heath's prosthetic transformation into Joker!!!

I do like the title. It's different. So far from like the 2 interviews that I've seen the one thing I do like and what already sets TDKR from all the other threequel movies is the enthusiasm. Both Bale and Nolan have both said they are excited to return for the number 3 which in turn gets me excited. Usually by this point the actors are fed up with doing them and more or less just do it to fulfill the contract Spider-Man 3 I'm looking at you.

so no unused footage of Heath's Joker in TDKR- well Nolan sure is trying to take all of the fun out of this new bat flick--- at least release an 8 disc Fanboy edition of TDK with 30 hrs of behind the scenes footage. We want to see Heath's prosthetic transformation into Joker!!!

product-preview-adult-hyperbole-large.gif

Really? lazy? Let's wait until we all see the movie eh?
i'm talking about the title here, einstein. and it's the worst batman film title of the lot. lazy and too long. batman begins feels out of place now. it doesn't feel like a trilogy, and they are clearly trying to cash in on the name. i'm waiting for that to be renamed the dark knight begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"