Batman 89-B&R on blu-ray?

from what I've heard, they'll be out about the same time as Batman Begins on Blu-Ray on July 8th

Coming 3rd quarter this year, all the Batman movies on Blu-Ray, to tie in with the release of TDK.

Just a quick thing, lots of people are about to bash this thread because it's been discussed already, and because you don't have like 3,000 posts. Just ignore them. Trust me.

most likely they'll be released to coincide with the release of TDK on DVD and Blu-Ray

its gonna be a great addition to the Batman collection!

I just want to see batman '89 have a good transfer for once. the 2005 dvd upscaled looks meh imo.

I thought it looked alot better than the original dvd

HD Batman 89...drool.

I have the 97 DVD release of B89. Once I have a PS3, I guess I'll buy this.

It looked much better than the original DVD, which was a marginal upgrade over the VHS. Warners has been pretty solid so far with their HD catalog so I have a lot of faith in them. As long as the source print is in fine enough shape we should all get something special

That's true, the single disc transfer was rubbish, but it was in the infancy of DVD, the SE transfers looked pretty good IMO, BF looks the best.

The Blu-Ray versions should be amazing, I can't wait to get my PS3!

It looked much better than the original DVD, which was a marginal upgrade over the VHS. Warners has been pretty solid so far with their HD catalog so I have a lot of faith in them. As long as the source print is in fine enough shape we should all get something special
The restoration process the WHV team did for the latest Blade Runner release was amazing, the "final cut" looks especially great on Blu.

That's true, the single disc transfer was rubbish, but it was in the infancy of DVD, the SE transfers looked pretty good IMO, BF looks the best.

The Blu-Ray versions should be amazing, I can't wait to get my PS3!

Ya me either, theyre gonna be great on Blue-ray and we all have to remember the original version of Batman on dvd was one of the FIRST films released from WB's catalog on dvd, it still even had the cardboard style case too, I still have the damn thing in my collection.

I missed out on the cardboad case and got the re-release in the plastic case. Due to some crazy OCD tendencies though I now own all 4 original movies in cardboard case, plastic case and double disc SE. Oh, and B60 in both American and British packaging. Finally I own both single disc and double disc BB.

Damn OCD.

I feel ya there RobC, I bought the regular batman anthology 2 weeks before the SE one came out, just because it was on sale!

That's the thing I added BF and B+R after the SE came out. God know's why!

The restoration process the WHV team did for the latest Blade Runner release was amazing, the "final cut" looks especially great on Blu.

Blade Runner BD looks astounding, instead of 25 years old it looks more like 25 days old. One of the best releases in my collection. I don't think WB will spend the money on the Batman Anthology like they did to restore Blade Runner but hopefully I'm wrong

I heard they were scanning their entire collection of films at 4k resolution to transfer them to Blu-ray and to preserve the films.

I knew they used that on Blade Runner, but if they're doing that on all transfers then I was unaware of that. That would be awesome

I cant wait for this. I guess I have to buy a PS3 soon.

Yeah I heard that same 4k rumour, they're upgrading everything to make it look better than a lesbian eating cherries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"