Batman: Arkham City - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman and the rest of the group look great. With the exception of character design models of Titan Joker (the design look awful) and The Penguin. (In the game Penguin doesn't wear his hat so that looks out of place also the bottle cap monocle doesn't look right .)
on the latter part of your post it's possible that the concept for penguin is for a future event to come DLC wise. Maybe/ maybe not only time will tell. I guess.

He does wear it in the promos. I guess they just didn't see the need for him to wear it indoors in the game, or something.

batman-arkham-city-art-geekdraw-21.jpg

Which is silly because Pengy wears his hat in doors all the time.

I didn't mind that he didn't have the hat in the game, but it would have been nice to see it on him at least once because it's one of Pengy's notable appearance traits.

A few musings from me about where Arkham 3 may go:

I think Hush offers very interesting potential for the Arkhamverse. On one hand, we had the real Bruce Wayne outside Arkham City getting vocal about closing it down, and then was arrested. While inside, Hush Wayne garnered a vicious reputation among the goons. So - Rocksteady can potentially execute a true identity theft where 'Bruce' gets even more political and runs for Mayor, replacing Sharp, and of course wins. But with goals of really discrediting Wayne's reputation. Could this have something to do with Azrael's prophecy, of Gotham burning?

In terms of Harley being pregnant, I see it being explored. There could be a time jump with the child a teenager, grown up and a threat. But the way I see it now, I'd like to see Harley a few months or a year after Arkham City - coinciding with the other plots involving Hush and Scarecrow's big return. She's due to give birth and is getting emotional about it, knowing Mister J won't be there to see it. And thus, depending on what the police did with his body, Harley's goons recover Joker's body and dip him in the Lazarus Pits, which were conveniently introduced in Arkham City. There's a story called The Demon Laughs where Joker is revived by a pit and regains his sanity. You know, how he is.

And thus, depending on what the police did with his body, Harley's goons recover Joker's body and dip him in the Lazarus Pits, which were conveniently introduced in Arkham City. There's a story called The Demon Laughs where Joker is revived by a pit and regains his sanity. You know, how he is.

The only pit in Gotham was destroyed. Not to mention they only work once, and they are rather rare to find.

How was it destroyed exactly? Does throwing heavy things or electrifying it destroy it? Did [BLACKOUT]Clayface[/BLACKOUT] contaminate it? Never really got the impression that it was destroyed. Just that the room and building to utilize it was.

And if they only work once in this universe how would joker even use it because Ra's used it before his fight with batman...?

Exactly. It is possible they could bend the rules a bit. Clearly there was a threat that Joker really could use the Lazarus pit. If not it would've been nice to have it established in the game universe that these things can only be used once.

How was it destroyed exactly? Does throwing heavy things or electrifying it destroy it? Did [BLACKOUT]Clayface[/BLACKOUT] contaminate it? Never really got the impression that it was destroyed. Just that the room and building to utilize it was.

Notice the pit's glow changes when Ra's uses it from green to red. Ra's himself glows green when he is healed, implying the effects are working with him. The pit remains red for the rest of the game. I doubt throwing junk or [blackout]Clayface [/blackout] at it made it any better.

And if they only work once in this universe how would joker even use it because Ra's used it before his fight with batman...?

Joker didn't know that, though. And Talia would have no reason to tell him otherwise. And again, notice the red glow that remains after Ra's uses it and during the final fight.

just playing through new game plus and all the hints to the end reveal, i'm annoyed i didnt catch them

just before you face mr hammer you hear harley talking about its a miracle, but he looks so much like you

I really didn't like Ra's design at all. He looked like he has escaped from tron land.

The design was fine, but his voice made me :doh:

Also I just really hated the whole Ra's subplot. It felt so forced and contrived, like they just had to get him in there somehow.

That's really my main issue with the game. The gameplay is superior, but it lost the absolutely fantastic pacing of the first game, which is why I think Asylum is ultimately the better one.

I was a little "meh" with his design. I mean, yeah his hair and goatee was spot on, but it still seemed a little off to me. His voice was pretty bad too. He didn't come off as old as he usually comes across.

But, I was fine with his hand in the plot, although I thought it'd been better if there'd been another fight with Ra's in the tower right before he got it. A sword fight with him, without any hallucinations, would have made for a satisfying encounter.

The Lazarus Pit only works once?
That's totally new to me. Does it mean the LOS have to find a new pit everytime they have to ressurect Ra's?

These predator challenge maps are really testing my patience, there so little consistency in the guards movements and actions. Way too often I'm on a gargoyle hiding spot and they find me up there through just dumb luck. Over half way done though, just 5 more Nightwing and 6 Robin challenges left. Then gotta work on the campaign challenges for Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin to fully complete the game.

I bought the challenge maps I love Iceberg lounge & Joker's Carnival. I love the Batcave the best though. I can't wait to see that in A3.

Ras Al Ghul felt so forced, especially for a character who can carry his own game. They already had the twist with the Joker/Clayface. Where as the ras al ghul and hugo strange just felt incredibly forced, had they saved Ras for the third one, that would of been beyond epic, and someone to rival the Joker in my opinion..instead, what a waste.

Oh well, whats done is done.

Ras Al Ghul felt so forced, especially for a character who can carry his own game. They already had the twist with the Joker/Clayface. Where as the ras al ghul and hugo strange just felt incredibly forced, had they saved Ras for the third one, that would of been beyond epic, and someone to rival the Joker in my opinion..instead, what a waste.

Oh well, whats done is done.

Exactly. It was one of the lamest twists in gaming I've seen in a while. Especially considering how predictable it was.

Clayface wasn't much of a surprise either. Anytime someone appears to be someone else in the Batman universe, it's Clayface. I'm kind of sick of it to be honest.

Regarding the Lazarus Pits, there are thousands of them, and Nyssa Al Ghul's Pit can he used indefinitely.

Exactly. It was one of the lamest twists in gaming I've seen in a while. Especially considering how predictable it was.

Clayface wasn't much of a surprise either. Anytime someone appears to be someone else in the Batman universe, it's Clayface. I'm kind of sick of it to be honest.

Well, who else is it going to be? Clayface is the go to guy for that kind of thing and it's kind of become a staple of the Batman universe. It's his shtick. The mystery isn't around WHO'S doubling as Joker but does Joker even have a double. My first playthrough I just thought Batman was losing his mind. Just like when he saw Freeze turn into Joker. Clayface wasn't Freeze. Batman was just hallucinating. Every time Joker switched looks I thought hallucination immediately. The fact that there was two of them was the shocker for me.

As for Ra's being the mastermind, well, how could he NOT have been the mastermind is a better question. I think people saw that coming 6 months in advance once Talia as revealed. Hell, it was even anticipated once his body went missing in Arkham Asylum. I say the twist would've been better if Ra's himself wasn't revealed in the game until that moment but, admittedly, I am a Ra's fanboy so if that meant not getting to fight him and the League of Assassins in the desert then screw that noise.

I don't think Ra's felt forced at all, I think it was perfectly natural that he would be pulling the strings. I think it was just how it was implemented, they didn't make the most out of the narrative potential. What would have been great would be if Ra's didn't show up to take out Strange but instead Batman takes him out. Then Batman takes out Joker etc. And at the very end, Ra's shows up, takes Talia's body, and hints that Arkham City was all a distraction for some much larger goal, then leaves. Perfect lead into the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"