Batman: Arkham City

I actually got it from Target for $25 and used two $5 gift cards, but since I prefer digital, I decided to cancel that order and get it from PSN with the 10% off code.

Just on my first playthrough, took me a little while to get into the game, but certainly starting to now, enjoying it so far.

I have not had the chance to bust it out of the shrink wrap but can anybody tell me if the joker challenge map and the one where batman fights skeletons that were in the PS3 version of AA? I know that it was exclusive to the PS3 (not sure if 360 and One got it later on) I have the PS4 version if that maters.

I played the Return to Arkham version of Arkham Asylum. The only change I liked was the addition of the rain in the outdoor sequences. Everything else was inferior to the original. Batman's face looks constipated, they brightened up the game too much, and the cut scenes were drained of detail on the characters.

So out of the Batman Arkham games by Rocksteady excluding VR, City is the last one I've played. Well I definitely prefer this over Asylum. Its open world and the side missions, reminded me of what I liked about Arkham Knight, because there are more stuff to do than just continuing/finishing the main story. Then comparing it to Knight, I don't know which one I prefer. The main story is better than Knight. The boss battles are quite memorable and more enjoyable. I liked the boss battles with Solomon and Clayface. Freeze's boss battle was good as well though hiding from enemies isn't my thing when it comes to these games. I love that Catwoman is playable in some parts of the game. I also like the environment isn't too dark and instead of the rain (which IMO looked ugly in Knight), there's snow. Also no Batmobile to control. However, I prefer the graphics of Knight are obviously much more better. I prefer the side missions of Knight and in terms of visual presentation, it just looked better. But City had better story. Robin though was wasted, he appeared in 1 cut scene and never returned. I've finished all side missions except for Conundrum, Acts of Violence and the training ones and I dont feel like completing them. While I would play Harley's Revenge sometime.

With the major discussion occurring in the suicide Squad thread I felt we should revisit this thread. That way we don't inconvenience others who want to discuss the new game.

Absolutely loved AC too. AA introduced us to a great new Batman game and then City threw the lid off and took it into orbit.

Granted I played these games late, but I was a little disappointed in City. Thought it was too short and was actually shocked when I finished the story so quickly.

Preferred Asylum and loving Knight I so far.

I will forever love this game because Penguin and his goons will always know that they got whooped by a spoiled rich boy lol.

Arkham Asylum and City are damn near on the tippy top of my "seriously want to experience it for the first time again" list. Damn those were good days.

Funny I just started another playthrough on Friday. The game is still a fun time and has the sort of aesthetic, characterizations and vibes I hope to see in live action one day.

Happy 10 to one of my favorite games ever. Seems like yesterday I went straight to Best Buy after school to pick it up and I got a free t-shirt with it lol.

Happy anniversary but I actually found City the most disappointing in the series.

I thought Arkham City was the best one too. It took everything that was great about Asylum and turned it up to 11. Knight was the most disappointing but only because of the overuse of the Batmobile in boss fights. If City got a next-gen remake utilizing the larger Gotham of Arkham Knight as well as being able to use the Batmobile (but keeping the boss fights the same), it would be the perfect Batman experience in a game.

Really? I thought it was the best one and if I were to call one out for most disappointing, it was Knight

I actually really enjoyed Knight and that and Asylum felt really well paced and fulfilling. I was just getting into City and then it ended.

I did come to all 3 games late though.

I actually really enjoyed Knight and that and Asylum felt really well paced and fulfilling. I was just getting into City and then it ended.

I did come to all 3 games late though.
City feels like 2/3 of a game. It clearly wasn't finished, and it hurts it's narrative greatly imo. Origins is my favorite. By a lot. Then Asylum.

City's story is basically chase the cure, with a mini climax of stopping Protocol 10. Strange/Protocol 10 takes a backseat for the majority of the story then suddenly becomes a major issue at the end.

Its funny because the actual main story really has nothing to do with Arkham City. You could have had Batman poisoned and run around chasing the cure in regular Gotham. Wouldn't have made a difference. Quite a contrast to Arkham Asylum where the Asylum itself was a significant factor in the main story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"