• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens regarding Deathstroke then? I had heard from another person that you couldn't finish that one before the main game because Deathstroke still needs to take over as commander.

I don't understand your question, I beat Deathstroke before collecting the Riddler trophies. Deathstroke takes over as commander as soon as you find out who the Arkham knight is.

Thoughts about the "leaked" DLC villains.

Prometheus: Cool to see some villains new to the Arkhamverse. I bet they'll focus more on the "cop killer" aspect, rather than the anti-Batman one since Arkham Knight already covered that.

Mad Hatter: Really indifferent on this one. The Wonderland aspect has been played out at this point, and the code description makes me think it'll be another fetching mission, this time with GCPD officers.

Ra's al Ghul: I'm pretty OK with this, if this means it'll tie-up some of the loose ends of Arkham City.

Killer Croc: Again, this one makes sense. We saw his new model and design in the game. It'll be nice to see if we'll see how Scarecrow escape from his clutches.

Mr. Freeze: Not happy about this. I enjoyed the sense of closure that Arkham City gave him, so to see him once again just for fan service is a huge waste. Plus, I'm afraid to see Rockstead lower one of the best bosses in the game into another tank battle. :cwink:

Black Mask: Not really excited to see him. The Arkhamverse version of him is a weenie. Also, didn't Red Hood kill him in the DLC?

Thoughts about the "leaked" DLC villains.

Prometheus: Cool to see some villains new to the Arkhamverse. I bet they'll focus more on the "cop killer" aspect, rather than the anti-Batman one since Arkham Knight already covered that.

Mad Hatter: Really indifferent on this one. The Wonderland aspect has been played out at this point, and the code description makes me think it'll be another fetching mission, this time with GCPD officers.

Ra's al Ghul: I'm pretty OK with this, if this means it'll tie-up some of the loose ends of Arkham City.

Killer Croc: Again, this one makes sense. We saw his new model and design in the game. It'll be nice to see if we'll see how Scarecrow escape from his clutches.

Mr. Freeze: Not happy about this. I enjoyed the sense of closure that Arkham City gave him, so to see him once again just for fan service is a huge waste. Plus, I'm afraid to see Rockstead lower one of the best bosses in the game into another tank battle. :cwink:

Black Mask: Not really excited to see him. The Arkhamverse version of him is a weenie. Also, didn't Red Hood kill him in the DLC?

Croc's new design is ridiculous.

I don't understand your question, I beat Deathstroke before collecting the Riddler trophies. Deathstroke takes over as commander as soon as you find out who the Arkham knight is.

Well the question was how did the Deathstroke battle happen before the ending but I had forgotten about how much time passed between the Arkham Knight reveal and the finale because I just went right to it.

Well the question was how did the Deathstroke battle happen before the ending but I had forgotten about how much time passed between the Arkham Knight reveal and the finale because I just went right to it.

When Robin is kidnapped you have the decision to go turn yourself in and end the game, or go complete all the side missions first. Alfred warned me that there may be no turning back so I took that as a message that I should finish all the side missions first.

If anyone is struggling with the Batmobile controls open the options menu and turn "Battle Mode Toggle" On.

Screenshot_2015-06-24_15.58.11.0.png

This makes battle mode stay operational after just hitting the R1/RB button once - no more holding it down. This also switches the brake/reverse to the much more natural L2/LB button.

The scene in Ace, where you have to slowly prevent the explosion is simply brilliant. Everything is great, especially the music. "Goodby Alfred". I knew nothing was gonna happen, when I got chills during thie dialogue.

God, that scene was so good.

it was one of the best batscenes ever to me. It really shows how strongwilled he is, how he will battle until his last breath, and how much Alfred and himself care for each other. and that apparition...

Agreed. Loved that scene, and the apparition legitimately scared me and made me jump. I was not expecting that at all! Glad I stayed spoiler free because experiencing the story is the only thing keeping me playing this game.

I jumped too. I had my headphones on, so it was even scarier. the track inner demon is simply incredible.

The story was what worried me before playing, but rocksteady took some good cues from WB montreal, and I guess Geoff Johns input was important too.

Well, I've just discovered I'm really not good at fighting the thugs with stun guns. They've killed me twice. That "evade and attack from behind" move isn't nearly as helpful as the game seems to think it is, lol.
Smoke and batclaw them?

^ I just do a quickfire blast from the electric gun for those guys. The ones I'm surprisingly useless at is the charging thugs. Those ****ers always knock me on my ass. :funny: When I try to quickfire them I always hit someone else. I now resort to jumped dodging them when I can.

I have to say... I found the whole Tim and Barbara thing completely jarring. Perhaps I'm too old school, but it's always been Dick and Babs.

It feels like they changed it just for the sake of it. As a result, Dick felt under-developed. I can't believe they reduced him to a side mission and as a boss for Harley Quinn.

Such a shame.

I have to say... I found the whole Tim and Barbara thing completely jarring. Perhaps I'm too old school, but it's always been Dick and Babs.

It feels like they changed it just for the sake of it. As a result, Dick felt under-developed. I can't believe they reduced him to a side mission and as a boss for Harley Quinn.

Such a shame.

You're not too old school. You're not even going far enough. It was sacrilege, plain and simple.

In retrospect, Arkham Knight would have been amazing if Montreal wrote it and Rocksteady did all the gameplay.

Having
Mark Hamill back for this game was SO much better than having Troy Baker doing his Mark Hamill impersonation, as good as that impersonation might be.

Last edited:
Spoiler tag theShape, not everyone has bought the game.

it was one of the best batscenes ever to me. It really shows how strongwilled he is, how he will battle until his last breath, and how much Alfred and himself care for each other. and that apparition...
Yeah, it was a great moment. I also loved the brief chat
Gordon and Batman have after Batman frees Gordon from the Arkham Knight's clutches. The chat in the elevator, where Gordon calls Batman Bruce, and says they would both do anything for their family. Very powerful.

^ I just do a quickfire blast from the electric gun for those guys. The ones I'm surprisingly useless at is the charging thugs. Those ****ers always knock me on my ass. :funny: When I try to quickfire them I always hit someone else. I now resort to jumped dodging them when I can.

I especially like using it on the armoured thugs, particularly as they knock down other mobs when they flail around. Get two backed into a corner and you just keep blasting until one knocks down the other :woot:

I'm also was disappointed in Nightwing getting the shaft again! At least he had voice role and we got to play as him in the story in duel play.

A lot of people are upset about how Nightwing is used in the story and I love Nightwing but honestly it doesn't bother me much when I look at the bright side,At least he's in the story at all and a side mission is way better than nothing. Plus dual mode with him is awesome and he's still in one of the AR challenges.

Playing him again in the dlc story missions will be great

You know, I wonder if Rocksteady was inspired by Team Fortress 2 while making the Arkham Knight's army. Seriously think about.

Heavy soldier with gun = Heavy class
Soldiers you can't see in detective mode = Spy class
Medic soldiers = Medic
Sniper guys = Sniper
Those guys who would put up gun turrets = Engineer
Regular guy = Soldier

We are just a Pyro and a Demoman away from turning Arkham Knight into Team Fortress 2.

I'm also was disappointed in Nightwing getting the shaft again! At least he had voice role and we got to play as him in the story in duel play.

Dude got his ass kicked by Harley Quinn and kidnapped Penguin. Not his finest hour.

To be honest though, I had more fun playing as Selina and Robin than Nightwing.

Is it possible to complete all side missions before the main story? I'm 90%through the main story so far and wanna unlock the full ending first time.

Yes it is. You can finish everything before you go complete the main story. I did because I wanted to get the full ending.

I completed the main story before doing the side missions....

wish I didn't because I wanted to see what Joker would say about Firefly, Riddler, and Deathstroke when I lock them up.

That reminds me. How hilarious was it that [BLACKOUT]Penguin, Two Face, Firefly, Pyg, Riddler, Deacon Blackfire, Stagg, Deathstroke and the Fire Chief are all locked up in the same cell. Especially the poor Fire Chief. Technically he broke the law but he had good intentions and Batman even empathized with him, but he's still thrown in a cell with the worst of Gotham's criminals.[/BLACKOUT]

That reminds me. How hilarious was it that [BLACKOUT]Penguin, Two Face, Firefly, Pyg, Riddler, Deacon Blackfire, Stagg, Deathstroke and the Fire Chief are all locked up in the same cell. Especially the poor Fire Chief. Technically he broke the law but he had good intentions and Batman even empathized with him, but he's still thrown in a cell with the worst of Gotham's criminals.[/BLACKOUT]

I really liked the whole...

Fire Chief segment. I mean it's not as entertaining as taking on some of the villains but it overall was a well written and pretty good sidequest. Chief should have had a cell. Put the crooked Riddler cop with the supervillains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"