• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't been in here since the remasters trailer was released, Damn I'm shocked at most of the comparison pics and in a bad way. I've already been considering skipping the remasters anyway but damn!

Fans were banging the drum for these remastered version of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and now because of a couple of pics they aren't happy. Unreal.

I would buy the remaster if Arkham Origins was included. It's the only one I haven't played.

Fans were banging the drum for these remastered version of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and now because of a couple of pics they aren't happy. Unreal.

Well, yeah, if a remaster doesn't look like a substantial visual improvement, then what's the point? Pics that make the remaster look visually worse than the originals aren't going to make people happy. That they've left out the game that would've had the most to benefit from in a remaster is also disappointing.

I do think it's a little premature to outright condemn the remasters though, seeing some decent chunks of gameplay could change a lot of opinions.

So people should be excited about a product even if it appears to be subpar or dissappointing? How does that make sense?

Because in the mind of batfreakforever, if it's got Batman in it then it's automatically awesome and perfect.

What!? You wanted the Batman boxers and now you're complaining they're squeezing your balls so tightly you'll never conceive children? Unbelievable!

The last four replies were perfect answers to that ridiculous post. :funny:

The Arkham Asylum remastered image looks nicer than the original, Arkham City one looks severely underwhelming for something with updated graphics.

Did they fix the PC port of Arkham Knight?

The Arkham Asylum remastered image looks nicer than the original, Arkham City one looks severely underwhelming for something with updated graphics.

Did they fix the PC port of Arkham Knight?

They tried but gave up. It runs better now than at launch but it still has a bunch of problems they were unable to fix

They tried but gave up. It runs better now than at launch but it still has a bunch of problems they were unable to fix
I'll wait for the console version, when I decide it's time to buy a PS4 that is, don't want to buy the system for one game only.
Thanks for the answer.

I wanted a pizza. The pizza I got was burnt and had all the wrong toppings on it.

Last edited:
I'll wait for the console version, when I decide it's time to buy a PS4 that is, don't want to buy the system for one game only.
Thanks for the answer.

You may want to wait until the next iteration of the PS4 (Or XBONE, if that's your preference), as both consoles are rumoured to be releasing more powerful hardware in the next year.

Really sucks to be an early adopter right now.

You may want to wait until the next iteration of the PS4 (Or XBONE, if that's your preference), as both consoles are rumoured to be releasing more powerful hardware in the next year.

Really sucks to be an early adopter right now.
The only PS I got in its first design is the first one, glad to know there will be different iteration for this generation.
Will they make it another slim device?

This just showed up on Amazon. de

2bc35fe64570b0da2b3288b284ffbf2a.png

They brought back Dino Andrade as The Scarecrow for Batman: Arkham Underworld:

[YT]bG9U-jamGDw[/YT]

I thought he was great in Asylum.

Does the GOTY edition only include the BVS DLC? Lmao.

Wasn't the season pass for Knight $50 originally? I saw it was only $20 on PSN now, so I went ahead and bought it. It's worth that...right?

Does the GOTY edition only include the BVS DLC? Lmao.

I'm sure it includes all of the DLC, but for some reason it's highlighting that particular piece of DLC. If I were to guess, maybe it's releasing at roughly the same time as the BvS home media release?

Last edited:
Damn, there really is nothing to these DLCs are they? I just played through Harley Quinn and Red Hood's DLC, and did the Mad Hatter and Ra's part of season of infamy in the span of an hour to hour and an half.

I've said it once and I've said it again, I'm so glad I was able to get the Premium Edition for just $16 through some glitch on Amazon during Black Friday.

I got the main game for $20, and the season pass for $20, so I'm sure when I play through all the DLC I'll probably feel it was worth that. I could've imagine spending $50 for what I have played so far. Unless the individual character DLC bulks up and a Matter of Family is incredible and lengthy, that was a totally bogus price.

Fans wanted remasters that actually improved the games graphical performance. Thats one of the main selling points of remasters. Improved graphics and gameplay. These Arkham "remasters" appear to be downgrades. If youre ok with paying $50+ for a downgrade in graphics good for you, but the rest of us arent.

I got the main game for $20, and the season pass for $20, so I'm sure when I play through all the DLC I'll probably feel it was worth that. I could've imagine spending $50 for what I have played so far. Unless the individual character DLC bulks up and a Matter of Family is incredible and lengthy, that was a totally bogus price.
Yeah, I don't necessarily mind a season pass being too much, but I look at this and Battlefront with their $50 passes and think that they didn't deliver in terms of content or length, yet for half the price, The Witcher 3's Expansion delivers a hefty amount of content, as did Fallout, assuming you got it before the price increase, which they were nice enough to warn about ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"