• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans wanted an upgraded collection so they could have the whole franchise on one console with the best possible graphics and visuals.

Just for example, for people who traded in and didn't keep their old consoles. All their data and saves for the old games are gone so they might want to re-experience it again.

I still think they should've done Origins too.

Given how poor these turned out, I'm glad Origins was spared the same treatment.

Given how poor these turned out, I'm glad Origins was spared the same treatment.

Really dude. You haven't even played it. There are just stills and a few clips. Doesn't take much to dissappoint you does it.

Really dude. You haven't even played it. There are just stills and a few clips. Doesn't take much to dissappoint you does it.

Yeah, because we all know that Strange's ridiculous caterpillar eyebrows and his fake beard and the awfulness in the other stills will just magically disappear when we actually play the game.

giphy.gif

:o

^ :hehe:

Oh batfreakforever, you really do live in an alternate reality to the rest of us.

And it's not even a good elseworlds.. It's like one of those oddball one offs.. That you u find yourself questioning why someone would even waste their time writing let alone buying.

I am glad that I still have my ps3 and that I especially still have Origins :hrt:

It's so disappointing that Arkham Origins won't
be included in this release. That's the one that could
have benefit the most from a remaster.

no that would be Asylum. Origins looked great. Asylum is kind of rough compared to later entries in the series

Umm have you seen the stills for the remasters? Haha

I'll play and judge the games for myself and then compare them to the originals but I won't have final say just based on a few clips and screenshots like alot of you but this truly is a very classic response from people. They have been asking about having remastered editions of the Arkham games on next gen and now we will be getting them and as per usual its the same old posters complaining that its not good enough. Good day to all.

Even WHEN the games end up looking as bad as the screenshots, you will still be praising the collection!

How dare you alter my quote. I never said the word denial. You altered that and are putting words into my mouth.

:lmao:

Even WHEN the games end up looking as bad as the screenshots, you will still be praising the collection!

The games could come out with Commodore 64 quality graphics, and he'd call them the best looking Batman games yet.

How dare you alter my quote. I never said the word denial. You altered that and are putting words into my mouth.

It is called - A JOKE -

A "joke" is a humorous comment on a situation.

Changing the wording of what someone has said in a quote is as old as the internet....and it is harmless ribbing.

Harmless ribbing - see A JOKE for reference.

No one altered your real post.

Your real and original post is still there for all to see.

Quoting a post and changing the content of it by the person changing it and then announcing - FIXED - lets any and all readers know that this is not the original post made by you but is instead a humorous rewording of it.

I'm sure the remasters will look better in motion, and some of those screenshots really aren't that bad, but it's undeniable that some of those shots are not good at all. I don't know how anyone can look at the Hugo Strange comparison and not see a big downgrade.

From what I've seen, it appears the stuff that looks worse is the cinematics--presumably because the new cinematics are in-engine, whereas the old ones were pre-rendered. Conversely, The in-engine graphics (i.e. gameplay) appear better than that of the originals versions.

Will be hard to know for sure until the game comes out. It bites that they didn't do a new set of pre-rendered cinematics, but it is what it is.

I love the Arkham games, but did they really need a remaster? They looked really good already. Though it'll probably be nice for the people that never owned a PS3 or 360 and skipped out on them last gen.

I love the Arkham games, but did they really need a remaster? They looked really good already. Though it'll probably be nice for the people that never owned a PS3 or 360 and skipped out on them last gen.

Since BC was skipped for both current consoles, that's the gist of it. But I think people have also shown that they're willing to pay for a game again if it looks a little shiner, so they'd probably be doing that even without BC really.

considering that you have to install all games now on Xbox, it would probably be wiser to not get the remaster so I can save space on my Xbox1's hard drive...right? Or am I way off base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"